New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #23
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
Same cupcakes who say they are going to start a revolution, but get so offended and traumatized if someone disagrees with their point of view that they require counseling, cancel classes for a week, and run to their safe space to pet puppies.

These kids have no fucking idea what hard is.
Is this a reference to the kids who survived the Parkland school shooting? Yeah, buncha wimps! They just saw seventeen people blown away before their eyes and they weren't ready to go to class the next day. What gives?

When we were kids, the vice principal shot that many kids every day, just because they were chewing gum in class, and we didn't complain.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 10:30 PM   #24
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
We used to do this with spaghetti noodles in grade school, freaked out the teachers, good times.
That's the natural progression of things. Kids want to shock the older generation, so they have to step up the game.

When I was a kid, we listened to Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath. Our parents freaked out.

Where did our kids go from there to step it up a notch? Marilyn Manson.

We got funny haircuts during the punk rock era. The new generation is moving to tattoos, stretched earlobes, and other body modifications.

I try to discourage kids from doing permanent things to their bodies by showing them pictures of what I looked when I was their age... and telling them it was really cool at the time.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 10:39 PM   #25
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

“Tide pod challenge is the dumbest shit of 2018.”

(Condom snorter) “hold my beer.”
Appreciate 5
PoorLurker1136.50
King Rudi13157.00
arkie6397.00
      04-03-2018, 06:15 AM   #26
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
Quote:
Same cupcakes who say they are going to start a revolution, but get so offended and traumatized if someone disagrees with their point of view that they require counseling, cancel classes for a week, and run to their safe space to pet puppies.

These kids have no fucking idea what hard is.
Is this a reference to the kids who survived the Parkland school shooting? Yeah, buncha wimps! They just saw seventeen people blown away before their eyes and they weren't ready to go to class the next day. What gives?

When we were kids, the vice principal shot that many kids every day, just because they were chewing gum in class, and we didn't complain.
No smartass, I'm referring to things like this, so get the binky out of your mouth

https://nypost.com/2016/03/24/colleg...-start-crying/
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 07:23 AM   #27
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

You guys are getting caught into a typical media trap.

I bet there were like 5 idiots who did this and posted it on Instagram.

The media frames it as if everybody, making headlines like "kids are now snorting condoms."

This is fake news at its finest.
Appreciate 3
P111575.00
DETRoadster11466.50
Mingwan1892.50
      04-03-2018, 08:52 AM   #28
DieselOG
Spaceship Man Bad
United_States
Rep
Drives: DIEsel

Maybe we should ban condoms, If 5 idiots can misuse then no one should be aloud to have them
      04-03-2018, 09:05 AM   #29
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
You guys are getting caught into a typical media trap.

I bet there were like 5 idiots who did this and posted it on Instagram.

The media frames it as if everybody, making headlines like "kids are now snorting condoms."

This is fake news at its finest.
Exactly. Anyone remember the cinnamon challenge? How about when kids were trying to get drunk by pouring vodka in their eyes? Before that they were soaking tampons in vodka and shoving them up their butts. How about smoking banana peels? The water challenge. Heard a story on the radio this weekend about the "fad" that swept then nation in the 60s; sleep depravation competitions. Lead to some serious, long term, damage. Oh, remember car surfing?!

Kids have alway been little dumb asses doing what little dumb asses do. And I 100% agree that with the advent of the internet and the 24-7 "news" cycle, we now just hear about it much more often and more quickly.

I have 30~ish 21 to 30 year olds working for me. Yes, they are often a little entitled right out of the shoot but they are coachable and they are F'ing smart. They are also willing to put in 120% to get what they want. There's hope for the world, IMO.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13157.00
      04-03-2018, 09:34 AM   #30
m3jala
Captain
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2013 BMW M3

Quote:

This is an outcome of the times we're in, and these kids, unfortunate as they are to witness and be the victims of these tragedies, are a far cry from things like bombings every week in Ireland in the 90s, or watching your neighbor get a hole blown in his mid-section from a tank shell and dodging bullets to get milk in former Yugoslavia. Our society young and old is padded and most don't have a clue as to real trauma.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #31
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:

You're a joke

Quote:
No smartass, I'm referring to things like this, so get the binky out of your mouth

https://nypost.com/2016/03/24/colleg...-start-crying/
And here I thought you were talking about all the cancelled classes just from HRC losing the election...

https://statesmanonline.org/2016/11/...-and-coloring/
http://cornellsun.com/2016/11/10/pro...ction-results/

Many professors canceled classes and examinations scheduled for Wednesday. A Wharton management professor claimed to “have heard from an unusual number of students this morning that they are unwell” and therefore offered a makeup date for the scheduled midterm. Other professors decided to postpone tests entirely. One Spanish teacher wrote in an email to her class that “the generally unexpected election results are likely to interfere or to have interfered with concentration.”

Other outlets for coping were offered to students as well. Some professors turned Wednesday’s classes into “safe spaces” in which students could freely express their concerns for their futures.

"One of the dorms on campus even set up a “breathing space” the night after election day. Cats, a puppy, coloring pages, and snacks were offered to help students “decompress in a low-key and low-stress environment.”

Yeah - let's just cancel tests and coddle the kiddos cause they didn't get what they wanted... poor babies.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2018, 10:43 AM   #32
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

The internet and social media makes things more prevalent than they really are. Kids have done dumb stuff since the beginning of time, and they are to be ignored now just as they were then.
Appreciate 2
Mr. Tasty427.50
Germanauto9725.00
      04-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #33
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
I love how the leadership of the country is just something that people should take turns at in his eyes. Not who is more qualified or a better choice, but whose turn is it. Sort of like it was supposed to be HRC's turn, no?
Exactly. No thought put into his words other than "what I want" and "screw everyone else." Seems to be an epidemic these days.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 01:51 PM   #34
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
“The pussification of America” it’s a real thing
That's it exactly. I suppose their mother isn't totally innocent in all of this. She has been the one to coddle them versus "rubbing some dirt on it" and getting back in the game. Parents try WAY too hard to be friends with their children rather than being a parent. If you give your kids everything instead of teaching them how to get it for themselves, your'e only teaching them to be dependent, creating issues for someone else to clean up.......after your children can no longer be cash cows for you.

I might be jaded.

I'll agree with the fact that hope is not lost. I do know kids that are very motivated, intelligent and actually have social skills; problem is that I don't see very many of them. I also agree that the interwebs and the communication era give things such as this higher visibility. As a fan, makes me wonder how much of this Daniel Tosh has created. Social media pranks/hi-jinks will be around as long as there are young people and the internet, but those skinny jean people.....line crossers they are. Skinny jeans aren't a prank anyone should play.

Last edited by King Rudi; 04-03-2018 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #35
Mr. Tasty
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 335i Mperformance

Angry 50-70 year olds in this thread. Lighten up.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 03:25 PM   #36
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

welp....

I am going to start tweeting insults to kim jong un to get him to launch the nukes. Humanity needs a reset
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 03:37 PM   #37
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tasty View Post
Angry 50-70 year olds in this thread. Lighten up.
24 year old here. You can't honestly see all the garbage kids do these days is somewhat disappointing? I sure can't wrap my head around it...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 04:02 PM   #38
Mr. Tasty
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddo45 View Post
24 year old here. You can't honestly see all the garbage kids do these days is somewhat disappointing? I sure can't wrap my head around it...
I just turned 27, media amplifies things ten-fold. If you can't understand that concept, discussion isn't warranted.

There will always be stupid individuals, regardless of generations.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 04:04 PM   #39
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jody View Post
That's it exactly. I suppose their mother isn't totally innocent in all of this. She has been the one to coddle them versus "rubbing some dirt on it" and getting back in the game. Parents try WAY too hard to be friends with their children rather than being a parent. If you give your kids everything instead of teaching them how to get it for themselves, your'e only teaching them to be dependent, creating issues for someone else to clean up.......after your children can no longer be cash cows for you.

I might be jaded.

I'll agree with the fact that hope is not lost. I do know kids that are very motivated, intelligent and actually have social skills; problem is that I don't see very many of them. I also agree that the interwebs and the communication era give things such as this higher visibility. As a fan, makes me wonder how much of this Daniel Tosh has created. Social media pranks/hi-jinks will be around as long as there are young people and the internet, but those skinny jean people.....line crossers they are. Skinny jeans aren't a prank anyone should play.
You don’t see very many of these kids (although there are a lot of them. More of these kids than these conform snorters) because that’s not what the general population wants or finds entertaining. A video of a kid butt chugging vodka will sooner go viral and receive much more attention than a kid who managed to find a solution to one of humanity’s greatest problems like disease. We see this phenomena all over social media, and even on the news.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13157.00
Germanauto9725.00
      04-03-2018, 04:04 PM   #40
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tasty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddo45 View Post
I just turned 27, media amplifies things ten-fold. If you can't understand that concept, discussion isn't warranted.

There will always be stupid individuals, regardless of generations.
I agree with you 1000%. But one things certain: society isn't getting better, and it's only going to get worse when the next generation is in charge.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13157.00
      04-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #41
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
We used to do this with spaghetti noodles in grade school, freaked out the teachers, good times.
Exactly. This is nothing new. Give a bunch of 12 year old boys free time and shit like this will always happen.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 04:21 PM   #42
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
I don't see what the big deal on all this is. If the eating tide pods and snorting condoms kill a few, it strengthens the gene pool and helps weed out some of that over population thing we got going on. I'm good with this.

I keep saying, opioids shouldn't be illegal...the narcan that saves their lives time after time should be.

Time to let he idiots start killing themselves off...Media needs to quit intervening.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 04:28 PM   #43
Mr. Tasty
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
I don't see what the big deal on all this is. If the eating tide pods and snorting condoms kill a few, it strengthens the gene pool and helps weed out some of that over population thing we got going on. I'm good with this.

I keep saying, opioids shouldn't be illegal...the narcan that saves their lives time after time should be.

Time to let he idiots start killing themselves off...Media needs to quit intervening.
Media has never tried to intervene, they wouldn't have a chance to get these quality posts.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 04:29 PM   #44
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Exactly. Anyone remember the cinnamon challenge? How about when kids were trying to get drunk by pouring vodka in their eyes? Before that they were soaking tampons in vodka and shoving them up their butts. How about smoking banana peels? The water challenge. Heard a story on the radio this weekend about the "fad" that swept then nation in the 60s; sleep depravation competitions. Lead to some serious, long term, damage. Oh, remember car surfing?!

Kids have alway been little dumb asses doing what little dumb asses do. And I 100% agree that with the advent of the internet and the 24-7 "news" cycle, we now just hear about it much more often and more quickly.

I have 30~ish 21 to 30 year olds working for me. Yes, they are often a little entitled right out of the shoot but they are coachable and they are F'ing smart. They are also willing to put in 120% to get what they want. There's hope for the world, IMO.
It's so dangerous but the media spreads misinformation to make a quick buck. It's come at the expense of dumbing down society.

You can even see it here on a BMW forum where people clearly have to be reasonably educated and successful to own such cars....yet even they believe the lies. People just don't seem to have a b*llshit detector.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11466.50