New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
rand0m
Rep
Drives: A4

Anyone with Black interior w. Ash trim? Pics pls!

Hi - just wondering if anyone here has or has seen an black interior with the ash wood trim. If so could you please post some pics? I'm considering either a Deep Sea Blue metallic or Space Gray. I just hope that the interior won't be too dark.

I'm just not sold on the Ivory (too dirty to quickly, esp as I wear jeans a lot on the weekends) and the other interior colours aren't doing it for me. Wish they had an option for a nice auburn. And nappa for the non-ivory colours. Oh well, they need to add something for 2010/2011, right?

cheers!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
lux good
Banned
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 23i & Q5 2.0 TSFI

I've gone for the space grey with black leather.....but brushed aluminium trim to break it up a bit! I have seen the ash wood and it looks really nice.
Just one thing to note...the roof lining comes in light grey as standard and i don't think that goes well with the black interior so i went for anthracite as an extra.

(3 weeks 'till i get mine then i can post some pics).
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #3
rand0m
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux good View Post
I've gone for the space grey with black leather.....but brushed aluminium trim to break it up a bit! I have seen the ash wood and it looks really nice.
Just one thing to note...the roof lining comes in light grey as standard and i don't think that goes well with the black interior so i went for anthracite as an extra.

(3 weeks 'till i get mine then i can post some pics).
Thanks for the response and I hope that it arrives even sooner than you expect so that you can enjoy the summer in it. Which configuration did you go for? 3.0? 6 speed? How about the rims?

I'm really tempted to go full on and get a loaded 3.5i. It is spendy though at about $75 plus taxes!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2009, 03:14 AM   #4
aheinz_71
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 23i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0m View Post
Hi - just wondering if anyone here has or has seen an black interior with the ash wood trim. If so could you please post some pics? I'm considering either a Deep Sea Blue metallic or Space Gray. I just hope that the interior won't be too dark.

I'm just not sold on the Ivory (too dirty to quickly, esp as I wear jeans a lot on the weekends) and the other interior colours aren't doing it for me. Wish they had an option for a nice auburn. And nappa for the non-ivory colours. Oh well, they need to add something for 2010/2011, right?

cheers!
Here are some pics I have taken myself of my 23i with extended leather black and ash wood.

It is important to understand that most pics you can find have been taken with a flash. The flash however completely destroys the natural look of the combination. On most pictures I have seen before the black leather looks more dark gray instead of black (which is not at all true). In real life the leather really is black.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #5
fxhomie
Mr. Bahnbnr
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A4, BMW 330Ci Conv. ZHP

Definitely feeling the extended leather. Beautiful...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
JohnT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive23i

Hi aheinz_71
I notice you dont have the smokers package also, do you have a extra 12V socket in passengers footwell? If so do you have a cap over the socket, like the one in the arm rest, as I dont. Just wondering
Thanks
John
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
rand0m
Rep

Stunning - I think I'm sold. Now theres just the matter of choosing Blue or Space Gray exterior. I saw Havana today and its quite nice (love the Alcantara, but the ivory looks way too tough to keep clean!)
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #8
aheinz_71
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Stunning - I think I'm sold. Now theres just the matter of choosing Blue or Space Gray exterior. I saw Havana today and its quite nice (love the Alcantara, but the ivory looks way too tough to keep clean!)
I have orion silver.

At first I thought about space gray, but my wife adviced me to take orion silver and she is absolutely right. The ash wood fits perfectly with the orion silver...

If you need to choose between Blue or Space Gray I would probably go for Space Gray.

I have seen the Blue and it is a beautiful color but IMHO it needs to good contrast with the interior which would mean going for the white interior (not an option for me due to the reasons you already mentioned)

I have also seen the Space Gray and it also looks very nice (definitely more stylish than a "simple" black or silver).

All in all, not an easy decision and I don't want to make it harder for you, but I would also seriously consider Orion Silver.

Both colors you mentioned will go well with black/ash trim interior.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 01:24 AM   #9
aheinz_71
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Hi aheinz_71
I notice you dont have the smokers package also, do you have a extra 12V socket in passengers footwell? If so do you have a cap over the socket, like the one in the arm rest, as I dont. Just wondering
Thanks
John
I will have to check - didn't look for it yet. Will do that today and post the result here.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #10
aheinz_71
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Hi aheinz_71
Thanks
John
Hello John

I checked today (had to use a flash light to find the extra socket - didn't realize it is there (though I knew it must be there)).

No, I don't have a cap and quite honestly I don't think it needs one since it stands "upside-down" - there is no chance something will fall into it and having a cap pointing down would be a nuisance when using it. I believe this was a design decision from BMW (and if you ask me a wise one)

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #11
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
The blue is very nice. I looked at 2 yesterday - one was fully loaded at around $67 USD.

My only concern is that a lot of cars will be ordered with the blue so it may look common after a while. Normally I like white, but in this case I believe the Z4 needs a darker color to make its line pop.

Regardless, I'll get it in Deep Sea Blue and Kansas leather, extended, + Ash Grain trim.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #12
rand0m
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
The blue is very nice. I looked at 2 yesterday - one was fully loaded at around $67 USD.

My only concern is that a lot of cars will be ordered with the blue so it may look common after a while. Normally I like white, but in this case I believe the Z4 needs a darker color to make its line pop.

Regardless, I'll get it in Deep Sea Blue and Kansas leather, extended, + Ash Grain trim.
Nice! What interior?

I'm going to look at another today. No Blue/Black here Canada as far as I've been able to tell. Space/Black is the most likely unless a special order is placed (which almost certainly pushes this to a 2010MY rather than 2009 -- better for resale value maybe?!) The bummer is that would push the car past summer. Boo!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #13
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

It looked like the interior was ivory white, but when I read ordering spec's that's available only with the ZWP option package, which requires Mojave,*Metallic paint color.

I was doing some searches yesterday to see what was available at a number of dealerships and there were quite a few Deep Sea Blue/Ivory White Z4's out there.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 06:23 AM   #14
lux good
Banned
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 23i & Q5 2.0 TSFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheinz_71 View Post
Here are some pics I have taken myself of my 23i with extended leather black and ash wood.

It is important to understand that most pics you can find have been taken with a flash. The flash however completely destroys the natural look of the combination. On most pictures I have seen before the black leather looks more dark gray instead of black (which is not at all true). In real life the leather really is black.
That ash wood just doesn't go with black interior....sorry!

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #15
rand0m
Rep

Quote:

To each their own, but I quite like it. It looks more elegant than the aluminum which is a bit boy-racer IMO. In person, the wood seems pretty dark and slightly grey which is nice

It does make for a pretty dark cabin with the anthracite headliner, but some would argue this is cozy!

cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #16
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
The thing to bear in mind is that only the standard Satin Silver trim extends right across to the passengers side.
      07-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #17
Stoky
Private
Rep
Drives: Not a Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
The thing to bear in mind is that only the standard Satin Silver trim extends right across to the passengers side.
Anyone have pics of this, I am curious how it looks. The silver that extends to the passenger side, is this plastic or material of some kind?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #18
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Here you go. Its basically just plastic trim. I like the way it flows from pretty much the passenger door right round to the drivers door and gives the interior a bright appearance. I was initially worried it would be too much and too bright.
Attached Images

07-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #19
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

It has a class all it own - definitely distinctive.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #20
deneef
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Z4 E89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
Here you go. Its basically just plastic trim. I like the way it flows from pretty much the passenger door right round to the drivers door and gives the interior a bright appearance. I was initially worried it would be too much and too bright.
I have ordered a Z4 with black leather.
Is the sealing standard black with black leather ?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #21
aheinz_71
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneef View Post
I have ordered a Z4 with black leather.
Is the sealing standard black with black leather ?
No. Black roofliner is ALWAYS an option which you have to order separately
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #22
aheinz_71
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Then order something else - simple as that.
Appreciate 0