New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

10-06-2014, 11:56 PM   #1
z3elda
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2001 Z3 3.0i Coupe

ZSCCA Reintroduction

This post is intended to introduce new forum members to ZSCCA, and perhaps remind or re-introduce veteran members to us.

The Z Series Car Club of America, ZSCCA, is the ONLY national car club dedicated to enthusiasts of all BMW Z series cars past and future. Founded in 1996 as the Z3 Register, the club has evolved to include all Z models and variations as the ZSCCA. We are a real non-profit organization, complete with by-laws and an elected board of directors, incorporated in the state of Delaware. We are a recognized Special Interest Group (SIG) of BMWCCA.

Our members come from all over the United States, Canada and several other countries around the world. We bring value to our members through planned national, regional and local events, social activities, fix-it day clinics, social media interaction, quarterly digital newsletter and last but not least, DRIVES. From leisurely scenic tours to spirited mountain switchback runs, our members have opportunity to participate in planned outings nearly every weekend.

Our signature national gathering, ZFEST, is held each summer and has been hosted in a number of locations around the country. In 2015, ZFEST returns to State College, Pennsylvania. 2016’s site has not yet been determined, but we are committed to rotating the event to different geographic areas of the United States.

ZSCCA is organized into local groups led by Area Reps. These folks are the “boots on the ground” that organize the majority of our events. Find a local group near you at: http://zscca.org/reps .

No group near you? I am actively recruiting area reps for those places. Please consider joining us and becoming an Area Rep yourself! It’s a modest commitment, and it is rewarding. Email me: areachair@zscca.org , or send me a PM (here or on Facebook) to learn more about becoming the rep in your region.

Links!
http://www.ZSCCA.org
http://www.ZFEST.com
http://www.facebook.com/groups/ZSCCA/
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 06:54 AM   #2
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

If anyone lives in upstate NY (Rochester, Buffalo areas), I am the area rep and would be glad to talk to you about what we do. My group has grown quite a bit over the last few years and we have had some very great outings.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
airmarc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 BMW Z4,'14 BMW X3, '17 X1

Am I reading the website correctly and they have no one for South Florida?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

There is a new group that's just starting the central Atlantic coast area. Contact the OP for more info.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #5
z3elda
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmarc View Post
Am I reading the website correctly and they have no one for South Florida?
Terry Fleegle is a "rep in waiting" who is building a south Florida group. He led drive to the Keys a couple weekends ago. Once he satisfies membership tenure requirements, he will become full rep.

Terry is a regular poster on the main ZSCCA FB Group, and we will start a ZSCCA Facebook Group for South Florida in the next few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #6
mbetoni
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z435is

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3elda View Post
Terry is a regular poster on the main ZSCCA FB Group, and we will start a ZSCCA Facebook Group for South Florida in the next few weeks.
As both a CCA and ZSCCA member, as a small piece of feedback I'd like to mention how frustrating it is that most updates and information regarding regional activity is disseminated through FB. Not everyone uses FB (me included), and not because we're old or irrelevant, simply because we choose not to. With a working web site (zscca.org) and member email data, a third-party tool shouldn't be required to gather information on upcoming plans and events.

At the very least, it would be helpful if those pages were public so that a FB login wasn't required to see what's going on.

My $.02 (or less).
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #7
z3elda
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbetoni View Post
As both a CCA and ZSCCA member, as a small piece of feedback I'd like to mention how frustrating it is that most updates and information regarding regional activity is disseminated through FB. Not everyone uses FB (me included), and not because we're old or irrelevant, simply because we choose not to. With a working web site (zscca.org) and member email data, a third-party tool shouldn't be required to gather information on upcoming plans and events.

At the very least, it would be helpful if those pages were public so that a FB login wasn't required to see what's going on.

My $.02 (or less).

Point taken.

I've been told that ZSCCA used to have a Forum (like this), but it was abandoned due to lack of use. (that was before I joined the club)

I don't believe it is possible to view anything in Facebook without logging in. We use Facebook extensively because it's the most interactive tool available. It also happens to be FREE. While email and website are good information sources, they don't provide the same means of immediate interaction.

The ZSCCA.org website does have an event calendar. Admittedly, the reps are not religious about updating it for every single activity they plan. Many of the reps do also maintain an email list of their interested local members.

You are in the Chicago area?- Robin Blair is your Area Rep. I suggest you contact him and ask to be emailed about upcoming events: il@zscca.org

We actually have a Tech Committee working on several items right now. One of them is finding additional and better ways to communicate more effectively with the membership.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #8
mbetoni
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z435is

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3elda View Post
I don't believe it is possible to view anything in Facebook without logging in.
This is simply incorrect. Many restaurants and other local businesses have FB pages that are completely public, and require no login to view them (though you do need a login to post, comment, etc). Here is just one example, for Next in Chicago. No login required to view that page.

And yes, I do know Robin and I am on the email list.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #9
z3elda
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbetoni View Post
This is simply incorrect. Many restaurants and other local businesses have FB pages that are completely public, and require no login to view them (though you do need a login to post, comment, etc). Here is just one example, for Next in Chicago. No login required to view that page.

And yes, I do know Robin and I am on the email list.
Ok- your example is a "Page" -vs- a "Group"- I wasn't aware there was a difference in accessibility (probably because I've drunk the Facebook Kool-Aid)..

I'll share that Facebook nuance with the Tech Committee..
Appreciate 0