New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

09-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
ttuner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4

request: lowering springs before/after

anyone have any pre and post spring install pics of their Z? debating on if the .2in drop on with the M suspension is even worth it.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
T89
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i & Mini Cooper S

I'd like to see some pics too. I'm on the fence as I'm not certain the 0.2" will be significant.

T
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 02:10 AM   #3
ChuckB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 2.0i

These are the pics from my car, stock 18" wheels and only the exhaust installed...
http://www.z-drivers.de/autochuck.html

If you look at my garage you will see the H&R springs installed but I also switched tot he 313 Wheels so it may be a bit misleading. I didn't get he springs to lower the car, although it does look better, I got them because there are several turns on the way to work which have some ripples in the pavement from trucks and I was getting a bit of rear wheel hop under acceleration so the springs were purchased to cure this. It felt like the BMW springs were of a fix rate and the HR springs are of a progressive weight but they fixed all of the wheel hop and most of the oversteer I was getting, take into account I am always late for work and drive my beloved Z4 like I just stole it. I did loose a bit of comfort but not sure how much is due to the springs and how much is due to the 19" wheels but I would do this again as the little bit of comfort which left is well worth the handling improvement.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 02:12 AM   #4
the belgian
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster

hi , i was walking up to my car the other day and tough, mmm i could lower that suspension. I would love to see photo's before and after am sure it won't be cheap and would like to know the diffrents.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
ttuner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckB View Post
These are the pics from my car, stock 18" wheels and only the exhaust installed...
http://www.z-drivers.de/autochuck.html

If you look at my garage you will see the H&R springs installed but I also switched tot he 313 Wheels so it may be a bit misleading. I didn't get he springs to lower the car, although it does look better, I got them because there are several turns on the way to work which have some ripples in the pavement from trucks and I was getting a bit of rear wheel hop under acceleration so the springs were purchased to cure this. It felt like the BMW springs were of a fix rate and the HR springs are of a progressive weight but they fixed all of the wheel hop and most of the oversteer I was getting, take into account I am always late for work and drive my beloved Z4 like I just stole it. I did loose a bit of comfort but not sure how much is due to the springs and how much is due to the 19" wheels but I would do this again as the little bit of comfort which left is well worth the handling improvement.
thanks. did yours have the sport suspension?
Appreciate 0