New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

07-07-2011, 02:50 AM   #1
Aleppo
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive35i

Window Goes Down when door Opens!

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is a repost, however i did a search and couldn't find anything. so hear it is: i noticed sometimes (read: random) that when i open the door to get into my car, the window goes down halfway. It shuts again when i close the car door. It doesn't happen frequently enough for me to expect it and try to diagnose the problem, however i would like to know if anyone else has experienced this. to clarify, this is not a case of "dancing windows". This happens before i even turn on the ignition. It happens with both the driver's and passenger's door (whichever is opened). I wonder if there is anything that causes this such as parking on an incline, or heat build up in the car (i live in Dubai and these days the outside temp is 40C by 10:30am, and the worst is yet to come). I'm planning to go get this checked out to ensure it's not the start of a bigger electrical glitch, however it might be hard to show the mechanics at the dealership as it really doesn't happen that often.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 03:08 AM   #2
Laiyo
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 YMB M4

This is happening to you because you are repeatingly pressing the "Open" botton on your Car Keys, doing this tells the car to pull down it's Windows as soon as you open a door.

Imagine this:
Your in a tight parking spot, on the drivers side you do not have much space to open the wide coupe doors. Your a tall handsome fellow with a insanely important Hair-do? Well then no problem! Press your Car Keys to open the car for 3 times and when you open the door the windows will back down.
NOW you can get into your car more easily since u can bend yourself more through the lack of glass being in the area where your head would usually be, as moving into the car.
Usually the Dealerships explain this "feature" when you buy yourself a coupe bmw.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
ZheHbKa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: the Wind

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 Xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laiyo View Post
This is happening to you because you are repeatingly pressing the "Open" botton on your Car Keys, doing this tells the car to pull down it's Windows as soon as you open a door.

Imagine this:
Your in a tight parking spot, on the drivers side you do not have much space to open the wide coupe doors. Your a tall handsome fellow with a insanely important Hair-do? Well then no problem! Press your Car Keys to open the car for 3 times and when you open the door the windows will back down.
NOW you can get into your car more easily since u can bend yourself more through the lack of glass being in the area where your head would usually be, as moving into the car.
Usually the Dealerships explain this "feature" when you buy yourself a coupe bmw.
LOL very creative

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
Stafainn
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 SDrive 23i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laiyo View Post

Imagine this:
Didn't know that. Just tried it and it works.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 02:40 AM   #5
Aleppo
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive35i

wow, thanks Laiyo! for both the explanation and for the assumption about the great hair!!!
Appreciate 0