New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

09-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
dtn
Prince of Zamunda
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW F30

No Audio?

Has any experienced this?:

While driving, I was playing music and all of the sudden the audio cuts out. I try various audio inputs and nothing will give out any sound. I have tried engine cycles, radio cycles. I know there is something wrong with all the audio because even the parking assist doesn't beep anymore. Everything appears to be work, just with no sound in the speakers.

I assume it is maybe a blown fuse but the manual says to not try to change a fuse. I scheduled service but my hesitation to go is that I have the SmartTop installed and I am worried they will go back to the can bus is located and investigate.

Anyone had this problem? Should I do a hardware uninstall of the SmartTop before I take it in?

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Constant.S
Resistance is futile...
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89(N54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtn View Post
Has any experienced this?:

While driving, I was playing music and all of the sudden the audio cuts out. I try various audio inputs and nothing will give out any sound. I have tried engine cycles, radio cycles. I know there is something wrong with all the audio because even the parking assist doesn't beep anymore. Everything appears to be work, just with no sound in the speakers.

I assume it is maybe a blown fuse but the manual says to not try to change a fuse. I scheduled service but my hesitation to go is that I have the SmartTop installed and I am worried they will go back to the can bus is located and investigate.

Anyone had this problem? Should I do a hardware uninstall of the SmartTop before I take it in?

Thanks guys.
Perhaps you muted it accidentally, press down the round volume button once and turn it up and see if it works?
      09-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
dtn
Prince of Zamunda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant.S View Post
Perhaps you muted it accidentally, press down the round volume button once and turn it up and see if it works?
I wasn't even aware there was a mute options but I highly doubt that is it. I have tried turning it up and down and off and on. There are not even chimes for when the door is open or for seat belts etc. I'm clueless.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #4
Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Do you have the iDrive/Nav module?
You might want to reset your iDrive...
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 12:30 AM   #5
dtn
Prince of Zamunda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land_Shark View Post
Do you have the iDrive/Nav module?
You might want to reset your iDrive...
No iDrive/Nav. I could only guess a blown fuse but I wouldn't think all the speakers would be connected to a single fuse? Maybe I'm wrong. I guess I will take out the SmartTop and hope the dealer doesn't catch the taps.

Unless someone else has a better idea...
Appreciate 0