New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

07-27-2016, 03:27 PM   #463
stevetenney
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS/ X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubz View Post
So for the sake of my OCD: 200 pcs needed in North America + North America getting 90/week = problem solved in 3 weeks?
Has the flow of pcs started yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 03:40 PM   #464
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

If we are talking about 4 weeks for me to be able to take delivery of my car, then I will wait for it. Hope they are already producing the parts and the clock has started..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 03:44 PM   #465
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
So for the sake of my OCD: 200 pcs needed in North America + North America getting 90/week = problem solved in 3 weeks?

Ok not pics but pcs
Roughly speaking yes that's the way I understood it. Also, the German supplier is already producing product. As you can see capacity from the supplier is rather low if they are producing 420/wk roughly.

Thanks to BMWDavid .
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 04:00 PM   #466
Halewafa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SO/SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
Hot off the presses from David who heard from BMW M NA:
-new product is being manufactured every day
-allocated capacity to NA = 90pcs / wk
-roughly 200 cars NA affected
-globally many many more
-suppliers weekly capacity is 420/wk
-customers waiting the longest get highest priority (for example ED)
-stop issue only, absolutely nothing to do with a failure or safety issue
-NVH/rattle only
Thanks for the update! I also ordered through David, haven't heard anything from him, hopefully he'll notify me. Communication seems to have gone down hill ever since I completed that survey and gave all 10's, wish I would have waited. I think we were on the same boat (Orion Highway), I'll be interested to see who gets the earlier pickup date at PCD since I did ED and you didn't (right?).

Just found out today that my car was accepted to the BMW Corral at Artomobilia (car show in Carmel, IN). Hoping I have the car in time (show is 8/27)!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 04:06 PM   #467
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halewafa View Post
Thanks for the update! I also ordered through David, haven't heard anything from him, hopefully he'll notify me. Communication seems to have gone down hill ever since I completed that survey and gave all 10's, wish I would have waited. I think we were on the same boat (Orion Highway), I'll be interested to see who gets the earlier pickup date at PCD since I did ED and you didn't (right?).

Just found out today that my car was accepted to the BMW Corral at Artomobilia (car show in Carmel, IN). Hoping I have the car in time (show is 8/27)!
I hope you can get your baby soon! My PCD date is up in the air, it was supposed to be 8/8 but i'm guessing that it will slip. ED customers should receive top priority because you signed your contract and your baby is sitting idle at the port like the rest of us.

naww man, he deserves all 10s. He called me during his day off today because I was supposed to sign my contract this week which is on hold... anyway, he said that an ED customer elevated an issue which he has been battling. He's trying his best to answer all questions.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 04:24 PM   #468
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halewafa
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
Hot off the presses from David who heard from BMW M NA:
-new product is being manufactured every day
-allocated capacity to NA = 90pcs / wk
-roughly 200 cars NA affected
-globally many many more
-suppliers weekly capacity is 420/wk
-customers waiting the longest get highest priority (for example ED)
-stop issue only, absolutely nothing to do with a failure or safety issue
-NVH/rattle only

I ordered in March and contract started July 4th. Hopefully that means I'm near the front of the line....hopefully those of us with PCD will be notified as soon as possible so that we can run logistics to schedule our pickups
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 04:27 PM   #469
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

i would like to see BMW issue that notice, i'm not discrediting David at ST, but there's no reason BMW shouldn't put out bulletin on the fix.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 04:27 PM   #470
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

Quote:
I ordered in March and contract started July 4th. Hopefully that means I'm near the front of the line....hopefully those of us with PCD will be notified as soon as possible so that we can run logistics to schedule our pickups
I hope so too. I already took days off for the first scheduled PCD which was just days after the stop delivery was announced. Now I need to take another few days off for the second PCD attempt and it's not possible to do it last minute.

Time will tell, but I hope with the latest update we can start to plan deliveries here shortly for next month.
Appreciate 1
JDubz69.00
      07-27-2016, 06:42 PM   #471
stevetenney
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Ok not pics but pcs
The is good news, but have the 90 pcs/week started to arrive yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #472
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetenney
Quote:

Ok not pics but pcs
The is good new, but have the 90 pcs/week started to arrive yet?
Surely these would be sent via air and not ship?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 06:57 PM   #473
stevetenney
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Surely these would be sent via air and not ship?
That's a good question.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 07:48 PM   #474
maldoror
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3 ZCP, '16 F31

i've been calling bmw genius twice daily (morning and afternoon), and they are still clueless. my CA is equally out of touch.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 12:02 AM   #475
platinum903
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, F85 X5M, G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halewafa View Post

If you have a question and David hasn't gotten back to you yet, reach out to Jimmy. He is as good as it gets with responsiveness. David was great to work with, but after we negotiated everything, I dealt almost exclusively with Jimmy and he rocked. And if Jimmy can't help, he will get David's attention quickly.

After dealing with those 2, I never want to deal with "normal" dealers again.
Appreciate 1
drexplode1784.50
      07-28-2016, 12:27 AM   #476
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

so guys if we change the diff, how much break in will the diff require?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 04:30 AM   #477
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3
differential falling out of the car? who do u think puts these cars together? mickey mouse?

jesus, stop and THINK before you post irrelevant garbage.
Irrelevant? I guess the BMW Welt is irrelevant then because that's what they told me? I asked to speak with someone there to help out the other forum members. How old are you? Did mommy ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything? You sound like a typical tool bag no need to respond to any of my posts going forward.

P.S. I think Mickey made a surprise appearance because I couldn't take delivery of my F'in car 2 days ago.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 05:39 AM   #478
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 1
JDubz69.00
      07-28-2016, 09:31 AM   #479
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
Irrelevant? I guess the BMW Welt is irrelevant then because that's what they told me? I asked to speak with someone there to help out the other forum members. How old are you? Did mommy ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything? You sound like a typical tool bag no need to respond to any of my posts going forward.

P.S. I think Mickey made a surprise appearance because I couldn't take delivery of my F'in car 2 days ago.

so you believe everything someone tells you?

We need people like that in the world, keep on buddy.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 09:36 AM   #480
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3
Quote:

Oh your from Florida. Now it makes perfect sense.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 09:47 AM   #481
Halewafa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SO/SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post

I'm sorry, but if I went to the Welt and was told this by customer service, I would have posted the same thing. I'm not a mechanic, I don't know everything about the different car parts. If I'm told that the rear differential could heat up and fall out, I would believe it until told otherwise. No need to get so upset, calm down, we're all bummed about the situation. Guess everyone handles their anger differently... maybe get a gym membership, get that anger out in a healthier way?
Appreciate 2
M-Pilot4859.00
bdkinnh71.50
      07-28-2016, 09:48 AM   #482
DeeM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Calm down gentlemen! I understand this whole situation has elevated our nerves. Our cars will be here soon enough.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 09:49 AM   #483
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Oh your from Florida. Now it makes perfect sense.

Yea, i'd much rather be in LI
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 10:19 AM   #484
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deem3
Calm down gentlemen! I understand this whole situation has elevated our nerves. Our cars will be here soon enough.
I'm cool guys. Don't really understand the anger directed at me. I'm just another enthusiast that got screwed. Shit. The wife and I picked up her 340 and I was able to see my M4 and drive it outside the Welt but that's it. Talk about complete Bullshit. Life goes on. At least we were able to take the 340 on the Nurburgring yesterday. Better then nothing. Here are some pics to make everyone feel better. Even Trevor
Attached Images

Appreciate 0