New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

02-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #23
robertrichhart
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 S35i

I can definitely feel the difference with AMS on, feel of car is stiffer, less roll in the turns. But Sport+ mode also relaxes the traction control a bit so watch out for those sandy patches coming out of the curves!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #24
silverstone_ttlz4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 Z4 35i

With this thread in mind, I did some extra spirited driving today to see how much of an effect the adaptive suspension had on the feel of the car, and it's definitely noticeable. As robertrichhart said, the car just feels stiffer and rolls less when you throw it around turns.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #25
Blu Yea
Jimi Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 35i DSB - Walnut

Garage List
2011 Z4 35i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danforz View Post
I just looked at the premium package... it doesn't seem to add anything worth while. They're asking $1,100 for door handle lights, auto-dimming mirror, lumbar support... !? I think BMW has gone slightly insane with its pricing.
Agree the seats are worth it.
Mine came with the premium which has a bunch of (oh look at that) items. At night there seems to be LED's everywhere.
Although I don't recall if Premium Sound was part of that package as it was included on mine as well, but the sound upgrade is a must unless you're going to go with third party.

As far as some of the LA canyons, Mullholland would be ok but Box canyon and the like are a bad idea to enjoy any real driving on (trust me on this) as to many serious pot holes and blind corners.

What wheels are coming with the car these days?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #26
Danforz
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i '07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Yea View Post
Agree the seats are worth it.
Mine came with the premium which has a bunch of (oh look at that) items. At night there seems to be LED's everywhere.
Although I don't recall if Premium Sound was part of that package as it was included on mine as well, but the sound upgrade is a must unless you're going to go with third party.

As far as some of the LA canyons, Mullholland would be ok but Box canyon and the like are a bad idea to enjoy any real driving on (trust me on this) as to many serious pot holes and blind corners.

What wheels are coming with the car these days?
I'm a little confused by everyone's assertion that the seats are substantially affected via the premium package. According to BMWs website, the following now come with the PREMIUM PACKAGE:

•Ambiance lighting
•Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors
•Lumbar support
•Universal garage-door opener

Similarly, the following with the SPORTS PACKAGE:
•18" Light alloy Multi-spoke wheel style 293-with performance run-flat tires
•Increased top speed limiter
•Adaptive M Suspension
•Sport seats

As noted, its the sports package, not the premium package, that has the benefit of upgraded seating.

Of all of the above, the Adaptive M Suspension strikes me as, by far, the most important. Secondarily, the sports seats/18" rims. All the things offered by the premium package are superfluous, with maybe the exception of the lumbar support.

Thus, I have little to absolutely no need for the premium.

My goal is going to be to negotiate a ~$550 a month deal, and I'll have to convince the sales rep to provide that by replacing the premium package with the sports package.

As for the upgraded stereo, I just don't have the funds.
Appreciate 0