New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

03-21-2015, 07:37 AM   #111
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Dear Norbert,

Did BMW sell it's soul to the devil in exchange for mad profits and growth?
Dear Nkc,

Yes, I did that. Because money.

Sincerely,

Norbert (SCOTT26)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #112
manuelf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamDavid View Post
Damnit Scott... Do you realize how much softer the 3 series suspension has gotten since September of 2013. Can you address rumors that the next 5 series suspension is being tuned by Simmons Beautyrest?
F30 LCI will get a sportier Suspension Setup again ....
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 05:52 PM   #113
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
Now that is some much needed good news Scott26.

I think among these variants of Z's a fixed hard top version would be awesome. One that should be designed squarely towards the enthusiast. A dedicated performance machine for $50K range aimed at the Lotus Exiges S and Cayman S and Corvette Stingray.

Are there any chances of BMW going Mid-engine configuration for this fixed hard top version of light weight Z. Because I think that would be the ultimate. A proper sports car with engine in proper place for greater chassis balance and handling. It will also improve steering feel by taking weight off the front wheels.

Please, no EPS electric steering just a good ol fashioned HPS or better yet if they use extensive Carbon reinforced fiber for light weight purpose keep the weight minimum by going back to basic NO PS.

Second, as someone already mentioned it needs to have proper cooling so it does not over heat on track and go in limp mode after 30 minutes. I am also not against the high performance hybrid engine with twin turbo I6 and electric motor. The electric motor giving that instantaneous acceleration from just above 0 rpm then running up at max until the turbos take over around 1500 rpm. This way the engine would have even better then the NA engine response on track. Also, the car would be more fuel efficient for daily driving. But the key is to keep the car super light weight.
2013. That much change at BMW since then. Now you have the Alfa Romeo 4C. BMW Z? Not soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 03:39 AM   #114
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Hi Scott,

Are you able to give more details on the F80 LCI, particularly whether or not there will be ZCP?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 05:24 PM   #115
Ralf84
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i ,14 M5 and '15 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Is this back again?
OK hit me!
Scott,

I really appreciate that you open up for guys like me on this blog. That you take the time and effort to give information and answer questions. My question isn't much of a question but more like a frustration I need to share.

BMW leaded the premium segment for quit some while. But now competition is catching up very rapidly. I am a BMW man in my hart and soul. Exterior, model wise I don't complain cause I think that is all up to the company and market demand. But quality wise I do have big issues.

As specially when it comes to interiors. Materials, fit and finish is poor when you compare it with Audio and Mercedes. These two examples spend allot of time, effort and money in materials, details and a "rich" feel inside the cabine. You get the feeling that you are in something special. I myself own a '15 M235i an '14 M5 and an '15 M6 GC. The GC is, I think, the best BMW offers at the moment interior wise. But the rest is not good enough! I'm spending allot of money on my cars and I want to feel, see and smell what I paid for. The M235i is a great car, but it's the same as the 1 series which is out for several years. Please tell me Scott that BMW is working hard on this matter because you are losing me and allot of my friends, family and colleagues.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 06:35 PM   #116
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

Lot has changed, but not necessarily for always the best with BMW. The dead and hated electric steering have now even ruined the new M3/M4 and even M2. Still do not see a true mid-engine sports car from BMW. The i8 is a nice attempt but just does not have sustained grunt to keep up with the Audi R8.

It would be nice to see at least a I-6 turbo from M4 GTS matched with electric motors of i8 to create an M8. Also, you need thorough reevaluation of EPS steering setup in all your cars, especially the M cars. The new BMW cars don't come with magical feel that the previous BMW cars had and made them famous among enthusiast and mainstream wannabe followed in droves.

Either way, I have spoken with my wallet after complaining on most BMW forums and owners surveys. After, two decades of owning BMW cars from 3 series, 5 series, to 7 series. My last BMW purchase was an E92. Since then I have been unhappy with first the 5 series replacement of E60.

Thus, once it was time to get ride of my E60 545i. I test drove the newer 5 series and decided that the boring new 5 series with no steering feel and too much luxury and not equal amounts of sport drove me away from brand to look else where. I have since gone back to look at many new BMW cars at BMW events to find a replacement for my E92 and just could not come to like any of the new offering with too much luxury, not enough sports in comparison, and dead steerings.

Thus, I kept my E92 and I decided that instead of this new M4 or M2. I will just buy a C7 Stingray Z51 instead of M2 and instead of M4 would take the C7 Stingray Z06. The Chevy steering might be as dead as the M2 or M4 steering but at-least the noises the car makes are great, not to mention they are leading the class like BMW M3 used to and for the money you are getting much more bang for your buck. The C7 is much more of a pure sports car than anything BMW currently has to offer. If Porsche GT3 prices were low I would buy that but Porsche is grossly over-priced. So C7 Z06 is my new car all the way.

So good bye BMW, you choose your direction, I have chosen mine. You go cater to the soccer moms, I have found something that is geared towards the enthusiast like C7 stingray.

From E46, E39, E65, E60, and E92 were all cars that I enjoyed tremendously as an owner and was proud to own. The cars like E36 were a little before my time but I admired them growing up as a kid. Alas, the love affair is over and you lost another BMW loyal owner/enthusiast

Good luck BMW hope you change your direction at-least when it comes to M cars and make cars that are full on passion and less on luxury pampering .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW269 View Post
2013. That much change at BMW since then. Now you have the Alfa Romeo 4C. BMW Z? Not soon.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 06:35 PM   #117
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf84
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Is this back again?
OK hit me!
Scott,

I really appreciate that you open up for guys like me on this blog. That you take the time and effort to give information and answer questions. My question isn't much of a question but more like a frustration I need to share.

BMW leaded the premium segment for quit some while. But now competition is catching up very rapidly. I am a BMW man in my hart and soul. Exterior, model wise I don't complain cause I think that is all up to the company and market demand. But quality wise I do have big issues.

As specially when it comes to interiors. Materials, fit and finish is poor when you compare it with Audio and Mercedes. These two examples spend allot of time, effort and money in materials, details and a "rich" feel inside the cabine. You get the feeling that you are in something special. I myself own a '15 M235i an '14 M5 and an '15 M6 GC. The GC is, I think, the best BMW offers at the moment interior wise. But the rest is not good enough! I'm spending allot of money on my cars and I want to feel, see and smell what I paid for. The M235i is a great car, but it's the same as the 1 series which is out for several years. Please tell me Scott that BMW is working hard on this matter because you are losing me and allot of my friends, family and colleagues.
This 44 year old lifetime car enthusiast's recollection is that BMW's have always been criticized (in the US at least) for their luxury-challenged interiors.