New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

07-15-2009, 04:22 AM   #23
WP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomay View Post
This metallic key is integrated with your remote control.
You slide it out from the middle of the remote and in fact you seldom use it.

But now I have to use it for closing the window "MANUALLY".
Thank you. It seems little bit trouble. Anyway, i will find out later. BTW, when roof down, how is the air turbulence inside the air when in high speed?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 09:34 AM   #24
lomay
Private
Rep
Drives: S23i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwwong View Post
Hi lomay, how is your car? any short review?
Been running all kinds of road since new, majority in the city and a good run along Tai Tam Road (quite a narrow and hilly road with lots of corners in the southern part of HK and frequently meeting double decker buses coming head on).

Fuel economy seems on the high side, displayed average 13.8 L/100Km!! Still need a full tank to confirm. Weather been really hot this week and air con was on nearly all the time :- nice and cool as I kept it on 23 degrees and the Auto mode was working nicely. For the interior, quality is very high and it feels so posh that we should all give a big kiss to the designer

The lumbar support on the normal seat is doing a good job for my back and they should be standard rather than option

Wind noise around 100 Km is minimal with roof up.
Tyre noise is very noticable even on not very rough surface. The RFTs are too harsh. Can even feel the road marks painted on the ground

With roof down, the wind turbulence is acceptable; may be I got a crew cut
May be a wind deflector is not necessary here in HK as we don't have the chance to drive very fast. So, do try first and you can always add later on (better 6 months later, otherwise need to pay 85% tax!).

With roof down, I really enjoyed the sound of the exhaust. Especially in Sport mode. Never expect 23i can have that kind of feel. The auto gear box is doing a good job, smooth in normal mode although sometimes I feel it is a bit slugglish and need to step a bit harder on the throttle. In sport mode, she is always ready for a sprint. The steering becomes more heavy and the engine rev is always 2 to 300 more than normal and signals to you that : come on, go for it!! With 300Km on the clock, the brake and tyres are now ready for some more quick action

Whereas stuck in the traffic, like crossing the harbout tunnel; you feel quite relaxed and just roll along with ease (have to be in normal mode or else a bit rough). My wife said : I feel no difference with the 525 except sitting much lower She just doesn't understand, this is a driver's car The 525 is a boat as it rolls, this is a train on rails!!

So, in essence, a very enjoyable car in the city, even with traffic jam. If you want to do a good run in our twistly roads, it does what you wanted. For those guys who got 30i or 35i, you can simply magnify my pleasure when in ACTION but you also multiply the frustration in the traffic as you can go nowhere
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #25
clwwong
Private
Rep
Drives: cayman

Thank you for your review!! Enjoy your new babe!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #26
Otago
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 Z4 sDrive 30i manual

13.8 L/100Km, not bad at all. Current pertrol price at $13.87 per litre

Last edited by Otago; 07-15-2009 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 08:17 PM   #27
Otago
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 Z4 sDrive 30i manual

sorry, i am wrong. it means $1.9 per km.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #28
lomay
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otago View Post
sorry, i am wrong. it means $1.9 per km.
No worry
With the 10 to 13% discount offered in most of the petrol stations, and when I drive it in a more gentle fashion..... , it will be down to $1.6 per km.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 02:01 AM   #29
WP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi lomay,

Do you switch on the front parking sensor very often? Is that loud enough? When i tested the demo car, i found the sound is little bit low. I am not sure if i need to ask dealer to turn it louder.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 05:49 AM   #30
lomay
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP View Post
Hi lomay,

Do you switch on the front parking sensor very often? Is that loud enough? When i tested the demo car, i found the sound is little bit low. I am not sure if i need to ask dealer to turn it louder.
Yes, I did once or twice and still have to park with care!! I usually back into the parking space, so use the rear sensors most of the time and they worked fine. As you said, the tone is a bit low as well as the volume when compared to my 525. There should be a way to adjust it give me time and see whether I can find it out or any brothers here can suggest?

Oh, we got the rear mud guard as standard, not the front which I think is more useful in rainly days.

Today I got a call from the dealer doing a customer survey on the agent's services, etc, etc. I gave very high marks to my agent but I stressed that I am very unhappy about the restrictions BMW imposed on us for choosing the options and it is unable to close the windows by using the remote control (of course I know comfort access can)
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 06:56 AM   #31
WP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I did once or twice and still have to park with care!! I usually back into the parking space, so use the rear sensors most of the time and they worked fine. As you said, the tone is a bit low as well as the volume when compared to my 525. There should be a way to adjust it give me time and see whether I can find it out or any brothers here can suggest?

Oh, we got the rear mud guard as standard, not the front which I think is more useful in rainly days.

Today I got a call from the dealer doing a customer survey on the agent's services, etc, etc. I gave very high marks to my agent but I stressed that I am very unhappy about the restrictions BMW imposed on us for choosing the options and it is unable to close the windows by using the remote control (of course I know comfort access can)
I think the front sensor is very useful to enter some small parking places especially this new z4 has very long bonnet. I just know the tone can be adjusted if having the idrive. Perhaps, let you find out how it works if we don't have that stuff installed.

Yes, we should complain more so that the dealer will make improvement. If they call me later, i will do the same.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #32
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Congrats!!! The color combination is awesome! +1
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #33
welbo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive35

Thanks for the review.

Just get off the phone from my Sales Executive, likely to collect car next Thursday..............woohoo!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 01:18 AM   #34
lomay
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
Congrats!!! The color combination is awesome! +1
Many thanks I love it in blue colour as it looks more elegant.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 01:25 AM   #35
lomay
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP View Post
Hi lomay,

Have checked. Can adjust the volume of the PDC and the gong (warning signal) Just press the "music note" button on the radio (right hand bottom) and that will lead you to adjust bass, tone etc.

Ok, one problem solved
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 04:25 AM   #36
WP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Have checked. Can adjust the volume of the PDC and the gong (warning signal) Just press the "music note" button on the radio (right hand bottom) and that will lead you to adjust bass, tone etc.

Ok, one problem solved
Great. Thanks for checking. I will try it when picking the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #37
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

The HK dealer has a blue on the floor. He told me it had 19inch wheels on there but no sport suspension. I think it really needed the sport suspension to lower it.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #38
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
The HK dealer has a blue on the floor. He told me it had 19inch wheels on there but no sport suspension. I think it really needed the sport suspension to lower it.
That sounds like the SDrive35i launch vehicle.
Appreciate 0