New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

10-02-2015, 10:53 PM   #23
chillindrdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels

despite M/T touting their objectivity, pseudo-science body/emotion measurements, this test was far from free of bias. manufacturers sending full factory support techs and equipment....really? that's bogus.

i think they did a dis-service to not include the bmw M3/4. even tho it was technically a 2014, i don't think it was available in the US 'till model year 2015.

or at least, i have never met anyone with a 2014 F8X...

i felt like reading the article, the F80 was like the elephant in the room. clearly the benchmark, but god-forbid we can't mention it.

on lap times, the F8X was only tenths behind the CTS-V coupe, still bests the C63S. I have no doubt the Caddy has at least an equal product. but the collective automotive mags gushing and giddy about the unseating of the M3 as the benchmark is alittle nauseating. nothing is beating the M3 by mile, at least, via lap times, 1/4mile, figure eight. i feel it's splitting hairs, and sure M3 is NOT perfect, but it not the landslide that these editors are portraying.

i hope for gen 2 of the M3. the engineers at the Welt,indignant, holds nothing back, and gives us a product that will f-ing SLAY.
      10-03-2015, 04:44 AM   #24
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillindrdude View Post
despite M/T touting their objectivity, pseudo-science body/emotion measurements, this test was far from free of bias. manufacturers sending full factory support techs and equipment....really? that's bogus.

i think they did a dis-service to not include the bmw M3/4. even tho it was technically a 2014, i don't think it was available in the US 'till model year 2015.

or at least, i have never met anyone with a 2014 F8X...

i felt like reading the article, the F80 was like the elephant in the room. clearly the benchmark, but god-forbid we can't mention it.

on lap times, the F8X was only tenths behind the CTS-V coupe, still bests the C63S. I have no doubt the Caddy has at least an equal product. but the collective automotive mags gushing and giddy about the unseating of the M3 as the benchmark is alittle nauseating. nothing is beating the M3 by mile, at least, via lap times, 1/4mile, figure eight. i feel it's splitting hairs, and sure M3 is NOT perfect, but it not the landslide that these editors are portraying.

i hope for gen 2 of the M3. the engineers at the Welt,indignant, holds nothing back, and gives us a product that will f-ing SLAY.
lol fanboying so hard in this post.
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2015, 12:32 PM   #25
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
Pissed because the C63s is winning reviews and in certain instances posted better numbers..

Its like sibling rivalry... I think the Comp Pack will be the equalizer to the "S"..

Well in actuality there is no need for a comp pack. The C63s did the lap in 1:40:50 while the M4 during last year's test did it in 1:39:69.
Sure this is the coupe but it's performance is equal to the M3 in every metric.

No matter how much I could try I won't get a lap that fast in either but will equally enjoy driving which ever I choose. We worry way to much about performance numbers that are essentially irrelevant since the context of most buyers is a fun reliable premium car. Even the few that track their cars don't likely do it as a primary function.

If you want a car to beat up at a track and put down blistering laps, buying a 2015/16 M3 or C63 is really a bad decision. An S2000 with upgrades is much cheaper and much much more fun at a track, just many more options out there in the context of track and lap times.

I chose an M3 for it's looks mostly, the C63s lacks aggression and presence in looks, but the AMG coupe does look much better but I need four doors.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 01:29 PM   #26
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
Pissed because the C63s is winning reviews and in certain instances posted better numbers..

Its like sibling rivalry... I think the Comp Pack will be the equalizer to the "S"..

An the GT S.. is a slap in the face lol
i hope the s would win. if the base m3 beat the s model then that would be impressive but no one is ever expecting that. isn't it funny how ALL reviews of the new c63 are with the s model and not the base?

bmw has been slapped in the face by audi and mercedes many times. they cleary dont give a flying rat's ass because they haven't made a car to compete with the many the competition is putting out.

does it suck? yes. does bmw care? clearly not.
Appreciate 0