New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

09-25-2010, 06:18 AM   #1
davidmbell
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91 318d Exclusive

Garage List
BMW iPhone App - Anyone got it working?

Has anyone managed to get the new BMW iPhone APP working?

For those not aware, it is meant to locate your car on google maps, allow you to blast the horn or flash the lights to locate your car, on some cars set the AC/heating before you get in it, and lock or unlock if you've forgotten to or locked your keys in.

I have installed it on the iPhone, but when I try start it I get Data Trasfer Error.

I've looked on ConnectedDrive website, and it states I need to complete the 4 security questions (which i've done), then the website is meant to Text my mobile with a security code, to be re-entered on the website.

Problem is the text never arrived on my phone and BMW UK ConnectedDrive customer services were quite clueless about the App and said I needed to wait 24 hrs for the text to arrive - that was Thursday lunchtime!

David
Automatic
Business Nav
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
pmw103
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dreaming of a F10

Hi David,
I don't think you will be able to find the car on the map or flash the lights or sound the horn.
I think that's just for the 7 and 5 and very recent ones.
See below.
However on the Z4 you should be able to send google maps to car from your iphone and lock and unlock the doors.

Re the text I don't know yet as Mum's car isn't built as soon as it is I can give feedback.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Paul

http://ax.itunes.apple.com/gb/app/my...5830?mt=8#ls=1

The technical requirements for using BMW Assist are as follows:
Professional or Business navigation system with integrated Bluetooth telephone preparation.
• Do you drive a BMW 7 Series built from October 2010?
• Do you drive a BMW 5 Series built from October 2010?
• Do you drive a BMW X3 built from November 2010?
If so, you can use the following functions with the "My BMW Remote" app installed on an Apple iPhone:
> Remote Door Lock & Unlock
> Remote Climate Control
> Remote Light Flash: remote control of configurable exterior light functions to locate the vehicle
> Google Local Search: address destination search on the iPhone and transfer to the vehicle navigation system
> Vehicle Finder: display of current vehicle position on a map in the iPhone - for locating a parked car within a radius of up to 1,5 kilometre.

Or do you drive any other BMW model built from September 2008*?
If so, you can use the following services:
> Remote Door Lock & Unlock
> Google Local Search: address destination search on the iPhone and transfer to the vehicle navigation system
*Except X3 models built before September 2010 and Z4 models built before 2009.
The "My BMW Remote" app is available free of charge to you as a BMW Assist customer. Usage is based on the general contractual and usage conditions for mobility services with BMW Assist.

More discussion here.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421003

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=484958
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #3
Rubber Ducky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

And for all, be aware that the Send Destination Google-to-iDrive Nav can drop out/screw up and require a call to BMW to reset at their end. No biggie, but was surprised when this happened after many successful Sends.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2023, 02:16 AM   #4
Clarar
Registered
Rep
Drives: A3 Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
And for all, be aware that the Send Destination Google-to-iDrive Nav can drop out/screw up and require a call to BMW to reset at their end. No biggie, but was surprised when this happened after many successful Sends.
Hi friend
Good warning! It's important to keep in mind that BMW may occasionally need to fix problems with Google-to-iDrive Nav. Minor annoyance, but useful information for a smooth encounter.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 10:32 AM   #5
Advika
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

hi

Has anyone managed to successfully use the new BMW iPhone app? It's supposed to help you locate your car, control functions like AC, and lock/unlock your car. I've installed it, but I'm stuck with a "Data Transfer Error." BMW's ConnectedDrive website says I should receive a security code via text, but it hasn't arrived, and even customer service couldn't help much. Still waiting for that text since Thursday!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 11:59 AM   #6
B21
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E89 Atacama Yellow 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advika View Post
Has anyone managed to successfully use the new BMW iPhone app? It's supposed to help you locate your car, control functions like AC, and lock/unlock your car. I've installed it, but I'm stuck with a "Data Transfer Error." BMW's ConnectedDrive website says I should receive a security code via text, but it hasn't arrived, and even customer service couldn't help much. Still waiting for that text since Thursday!
That won’t work on the obsolete E89..it may work on the current G29..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 04:57 PM   #7
Dake
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advika View Post
Like B21 probably won't work on E89 (I don't have if on mine).
It works on my F83 M4 and the text arrives on the cars messages - not your mobile phone.
Appreciate 0