New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
Z435i
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive35i

Badge/Roundel Sizes?

Hi,

New to this forum and Z4 ownership.

I was wondering if anyone can confirm the wheel center cap and badge/roundel sizes for the E89 Z4?

I'm looking to replace the wheel center caps as the original ones are corroded around the edges and deciding whether to stay with the original blue/white style or go for some of the aftermarket carbon/silver ones. Our Z4 is finished in black sapphire metallic. The wheels are 19" 296 style.

I believe these are the sizes, but if anyone has already replaced their original center caps and badges and can confirm that would be great.

Wheel Centers - 68mm
Side roundel - 70mm
Bonnet roundel - 70mm
Boot roundel - 73mm

I'm not sure if it's possible to replace the boot roundel, as it's part of the opening mechanism, so I may have to look at some of the overlay decals?

Thanks,

SC.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z435i View Post
Hi,

New to this forum and Z4 ownership.

I was wondering if anyone can confirm the wheel center cap and badge/roundel sizes for the E89 Z4?

I'm looking to replace the wheel center caps as the original ones are corroded around the edges and deciding whether to stay with the original blue/white style or go for some of the aftermarket carbon/silver ones. Our Z4 is finished in black sapphire metallic. The wheels are 19" 296 style.

I believe these are the sizes, but if anyone has already replaced their original center caps and badges and can confirm that would be great.

Wheel Centers - 68mm
Side roundel - 70mm
Bonnet roundel - 70mm
Boot roundel - 73mm

I'm not sure if it's possible to replace the boot roundel, as it's part of the opening mechanism, so I may have to look at some of the overlay decals?

Thanks,

SC.

All are replaceable including the boot emblem. All are 70mm except for the boot. Obviously the mounting configuration for the wheels, bonnet, and boot are all unique.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
HowieZ4
Newbie!
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i

Hi Z435i,

I have the Z4 E89 in black sapphire as well and have replaced most of the emblems with the Carbon Fiber/Silver roundel and they look great.

I had a bit of trouble getting the correct sizes ordering from Ebay as the seller sent me some wrong sized emblems so I'm still waiting for the correct size replacements.

The roundels are stick ons and they come with the silver base as well but not stuck together. I chose to only use the stick on part without the base and it made installing easy without any risk of damaging the car paint in the process of removing the original roundels.

The sizes are as follow:

Wheel centers: 68mm
Steering roundel: 45mm (direct stick on)
Side and Bonnet roundel: 73mm (without using base)
Boot roundel: Approx 75mm (the 73mm was too small and the 78mm was too big.

The boot roundel is the only one I have not been able to replace as it's an odd size. I actually managed to separate the roundel piece from the opening mechanism by using a fishing line wedged between the double sided tape and base. It will separate with a bit of pulling after the tape is separated from the base with the fishing line. There are not bolts or studs like in the front/sides roundels.

Because I was not able to fit the 78mm roundel on the trunk emblem, I might just stick another 73mm roundel on top of the original and it'll look close enough with a bit of a gap on the edges.

Good luck with your project!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
--
Rep
Drives: -

Hi howiebcn,

Thanks for the details. I've replaced all the roundels on our E89 now, including the steering wheel and engine cover. Like you I tried some various combinations until I was happy with the results.

I know I need to post some pics up with the details, I'm on holiday next week, so will take some pictures and get them posted up.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
HowieZ4
Newbie!
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i

Hi did you manage to find the correct roundel size for the trunk? Photos please! Thanks.
Appreciate 0