New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

09-18-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
yoonskim
Rep
Drives: Z4 Roadster

Question about Bluetooth on iDrive

Hello guys,

I just got a simple question regarding bluetooth function on our cars with iDrive. So I've been using an iPhone paired to my Z4 fine with zero problems.

Now I also have a company (work) phone which is Nokia and also has bluetooth function. I've paired that phone to the car as well. But it seems like I can't receive calls through the car on the Nokia.

So my questions are;
1. Can you pair multiple (2 in my case) phones to the car at once?
1a. Answer seems to be a Yes, but can you receive/make calls through the car and not through the actual phone?

2. When making a call with either one of the phone(s), is there a function to select which phone to make calls out of?

I hope you guys understand what i mean... so far, my personal phone (iPhone) receives/makes calls through the z4 bluetooth system while the work phone (Nokia) can't... Instead, I always just literally pick up the phone with my hand and talk through the phone, not through the bluetooth system.

On iDrive menu under bluetooth, it shows;
i.e. Paired: iPhone
Connected: Nokia

I have attempted to check out the manual but had zero luck finding what I wanted to know... plus it's not my language

I'm not too concerned with "making" calls out of multiple phones but I'd love to receive calls from multiple phones through the car.

Hope it is clear!
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
Memphis1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 SDrive 35i

http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthre...ight=bluetooth
      09-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
yoonskim
Rep
Drives: Z4 Roadster

OMG!! Sorry, I thought the search function was down... I kept getting zero results, turns out I searched for "blutooth" without the "e"
Appreciate 0