New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > E89 Z4 Classifieds > Member's Z4 Classifieds: For Sale / Trade / Wanted

12-11-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

KW V3 coil-overs

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Folks, I have a set of KW V3 coil-overs (#35220087) which I am considering selling. Please message me if interested (for photos and details). These can be used on all Z4's, with no M-sport or M-sport adaptive (and can supply EDC eliminators).

Low miles as they came off a lease car. Save $1,000 from new buying them from me. Everyone that uses these will tell you they provide a better ride than the stock suspension, especially M-sport which rides rough in sport mode.

These come with OEM top perches, ready to install. Just unbolt your struts and shocks, bolt these in, set your desired ride height, and get an alignment.

Below I've attached a forum post which was a review of these for the Z4.

Filippo

--- forum post review ---

Quote:
Re: KW V3 Coilovers for E89 Z4!!

I'll keep this post as my "reaction" to the new set up.

WOW!!!!!! is all I kept saying on the ride home yesterday. The car is completely different. The car "feels" lighter, like it lost a lot of weight. Body roll? Whats that? The Z now tackles corners like there is no tomorrow. It feels so flat around a turn. I need to re-learn how to drive it, it's that different. Coming from completely stock to this, makes me feel like i have a brand new sports car.

Ride quality. The ride quality is simply Superb. I was expecting to have a harsh ride, harsh enough that you could hear pocket change rattle. It's stiffer that stock, thats for sure, but it's not annoyingly harsh or rough. And I'm on 19's. But the suspension has a tiny bounce to it. And I mean a tiny bit, no where near the bounciness of guys with cut springs or a missed matched suspension combo. It's not a constant bounce, it only really happens when their is some sort of dip in the road, and it like bounces back into place (1 bounce). Does that make any sense? Kind of how the Australian V8 Supercars bounce at times, I'm not claiming my car handles like the V8 Supercars, but almost

The car feels so planted on the ground. The stock ride was boat-like to me, very "floaty" and I felt disconnected from the road. Now I feel like I'm in full control of the car. The steering feels tight, I feel like there is a new tighter steering rack on the car. The steering wheel snaps back into place after a turn. My braking feels tighter as well, no nose dive, and I feel the Z stops faster.

The Z now feels neutral and light. Like it's ready to fight.
Was it worth it? YES!!!!! I definitely recommend the KW's (v3), if you want the ability to dial in your height and stiffness, and get awesome handling with out spending an arm and a leg, this your ticket.......

Last edited by fmorelli; 01-05-2018 at 08:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
jts1981209.50
      12-13-2017, 06:46 AM   #2
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Motivated to sell! These never come up for sale. My suspension builder wants to go a different route. PM me for details.

Filippo
      12-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #3
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bump. Lowered price. This is a great deal for someone. KW V3 are considered the cream of the crop suspension for the Z4. These don't show up for sale used - came off a lease car. Send me a PM if interested!

Filippo
      12-22-2017, 06:59 PM   #4
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bumping again. I've had a few people interested, but waiting to recuperate from Christmas. C'mon guys let's make a deal :-)

Filippo
      01-03-2018, 06:26 PM   #5
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bumpty bump bump.