New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

05-24-2010, 11:22 PM   #1
marcw
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Garage List
New 09 still the best deal?

So I'm currently driving a 530xiT 'soccer mom' wagon. Don't get me wrong it's a great car if you need to haul the family around, but I think I want something a little bit more fun. What are the best deals to be had on a Z4 these days? I've read on this forum something about $5k incentives for 09s right now. Is that still going on? I've done some searching on bmwusa.com, but Z4s with my option wish list seem to be slim pickings. Since this is supposed to be a 'fun' car I want it to be a manual which seems to limit the pool immediately.

I'm not opposed to a CPO car. As a matter of fact a local dealer is selling a 09 CPO with 4k miles, premium pkg, wood trim, and through loading system for $41k. On the other hand some dealers seem to want to get rid of their new 09 inventory real bad, offering $8500 off MSRP. So what's a man to do? Buy a new 09? Buy a CPO 09? Don't buy a 09 at all? Does the 09 model have 'first year issues'? What are the wholesale savings on a 2011 doing euro delivery? I did euro delivery on a 3 series back in 2000 and had a blast.

I don't want to spend a fortune on this, so I'm capping myself at roughly $650/month. I've seen some people have gotten lease deals for mid-to-high $500/month. Are those deals still available or were those one time deals with special dealer incentives?

I know lots of questions. I like to be prepared before talking to the dealer =)
If anyone has any answers I'm all ears.

-Marc
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
m6pwr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 335i M sport

I just got a new (July '09 production) '09 35i with 7 speed dct, premium pkg., sport (incl adaptive M suspension), and 19'' rims, at $12k off sticker. The incentive the dealer got from BMW NA may be even larger for all I know. Love the car. The dct is a blast and is plenty "involving" (what the manual tranny guys say about 6 speeds and the third pedal).
Appreciate 0