New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

11-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #111
Lewis@MWDesign
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW Z4 3.5i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannisa View Post
Hi Nate. How is this project going so far? Is it ready yet? Any photos please?
We are currently at SEMA and will be working on our Z4 build as soon as we return.

We will post clips as soon as the car + exhaust are broken in
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #112
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis@MWDesign View Post
We are currently at SEMA and will be working on our Z4 build as soon as we return.

We will post clips as soon as the car + exhaust are broken in
Can't wait to see this project
      11-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #113
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

The 2x90 looks great!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 03:01 AM   #114
jannisa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Bye bye
http://www.eisenmann-sportauspuff.de...sDrive_35i.php
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 03:32 AM   #115
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Speeeed

Sweet, i so want this exhaust.

Would like to see some more pictures of it installed.

If i get the quad tip version, does that fit in my standard rear bumper?

http://www.eisenmann-sportauspuff.de...e35i_225kW.php

That one...
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #116
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Awesome - I ordered my wife's 2x90 Race Exhaust 2-3 weeks ago and we can't wait for it to arrive. If you buy the quad (4x76) then you must cut your rear valance for it to fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godius View Post
Sweet, i so want this exhaust.

If i get the quad tip version, does that fit in my standard rear bumper?

http://www.eisenmann-sportauspuff.de...e35i_225kW.php

That one...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2009, 04:26 AM   #117
bigtom
Germany
Rep
Drives: sdrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannisa View Post
hehe.. never seen my car from that perspective
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2010, 01:31 PM   #118
ChuckB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 2.0i

Took the plunge and had the quad [4x76] setup installed on my sDrive30i, not sure how the US kits are configured, but had to order additional parts from BMW to complete the installation as we used the additional BMW mounting parts for the 35i right side exhaust, the parts needed were:

18 20 7 586 744 Hanger Euro 6.85
33 31 6 787 390 Disc Euro 9.30
18 20 7 578 238 Exhaust hanger Euro 8.90
51 48 7 191 044 Insulation Euro 46.50
07 14 6 949 380 Captive nut [3] Euro .63
18 10 7 549 447 Gasket [2] Euro 14.60

Not identified as the "Race Spec" exhaust in Germany, and not really too loud unless you stand on it, but does have to most wonderful bear like growl at idle and an exquisite burble on downshifts. the only negative comment so far [it has been and is snowing again so evaluation is a bit limited] is the exhaust resonance inside the car, but had the missus with me today and she did not find it objectionable. The rear bumper did trim up easily and the quad pipes do look like they belong there. the other interesting piece is that the exhaust grows about an inch when it gets hot [insert any innuendo here you like] but not enough to attract attention. Have to wait until later next week when the temps should get above freezing to check it out in the morning commute mode and see the effect on mileage. Did not see the need to post pics and it looks just like the posted pics, except both rear silencers are the same size.

If yo look at "Nate@IND" pics, they show exactely what the 30i install looks like except the pipes exit straight out instead of being funneled in a single exit pipe, the right side heat sheild and factory hangers are what was added to my installation, and the small circular cutout on the driver side facia lip is factory on the 30i as shown in the picture from "teaqueAMX". Installation tool about 90 minutes, mostly getting the bumper cutout "perfect". Here are a few pics of the final setup, and yes - it is snowing again
Attached Images

Last edited by ChuckB; 02-13-2010 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: How about a Spell Checker PLEASE
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #119
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

very nice. Looks like they did an excellent job!

BTW. Checked out “z-drivers.com” (bumper). Looks like it could be cool, but it appears that one must spreken ze deutschor, or is there an English button? Obviously you must be fluent in German, but somehow I got the impression that you’re English or possibly US based on your writing.

Bimmerpost is amazing – I’m US born and raised, but we get people from around the world that write English better than some of the folks here in the colonies.

Nate@IND was the original poster of those photos. I copied them and added a couple colored boxes from MS Paint, just for conversational purposes.

Last edited by teagueAMX; 02-13-2010 at 07:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #120
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

looks fantastic - we get our Z4 back in three days with the 2x90 Race Eisenmann installed
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #121
ChuckB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
very nice. Looks like they did an excellent job!

BTW. Checked out “z-drivers.com” (bumper). Looks like it could be cool, but it appears that one must spreken ze deutschor, or is there an English button? Obviously you must be fluent in German, but somehow I got the impression that you’re English or possibly US based on your writing.

Bimmerpost is amazing – I’m US born and raised, but we get people from around the world that write English better than some of the folks here in the colonies.

Nate@IND was the original poster of those photos. I copies them and added a couple colored boxes from MS Paint, just for conversational purposes.
US Military, z-drivers.com is a great bunch of local folks, and anyone who drives [or even likes] a "Zetti" is welcome to join, most of them speak much better English than my German. The group is centered around Mannheim, but has members all over and does a road trip every year
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #122
ChuckB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

- First Update -
Have put 400km on the new exhaust and while it sounds the same outside, the initial resonance inside has toned down to almost stock levels, I am very pleased with this change, apparently due to the pipes getting "seasoned". Can't see any drop in mileage, but suspect the engine will need another tank of gas to fully adjust.
Still have a bit of an issue with the length of the pipes behind the bumper, not excessively long, but just long enough to make you go "Hmmmmmm", but word has it [from my son - who is into drifting and had a similar setup on his S-14] that due to the way heat is handled by the stainless steel system, the pipes need to be a bit longer so they don't cook the rear bumper opening. He also mentioned that I don't have any tools sharp/good enough to cut stainless steel cleanly - any input would be appreciated in this area

Still a great system, would purchase again, sound turns heads but does get the neighbors dog upset
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #123
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckB View Post
- First Update -
Have put 400km on the new exhaust and while it sounds the same outside, the initial resonance inside has toned down to almost stock levels, I am very pleased with this change, apparently due to the pipes getting "seasoned". Can't see any drop in mileage, but suspect the engine will need another tank of gas to fully adjust.
Still have a bit of an issue with the length of the pipes behind the bumper, not excessively long, but just long enough to make you go "Hmmmmmm", but word has it [from my son - who is into drifting and had a similar setup on his S-14] that due to the way heat is handled by the stainless steel system, the pipes need to be a bit longer so they don't cook the rear bumper opening. He also mentioned that I don't have any tools sharp/good enough to cut stainless steel cleanly - any input would be appreciated in this area

Still a great system, would purchase again, sound turns heads but does get the neighbors dog upset
No matter how you do it all metal is hard to cut cleanly - that why you have various types of grinders. Stainless steel is slightly harder than carbon steel due to its higher chromium content, but it isn't kryptonite.

Scribe a line around the circumference of the pipe and put some masking tape where you want to cut it. Use a cut off wheel to shorten the pipes and make a nice straight edge, use a wheel grinder to smooth the pipe face and then use a die grinder to deburr what's left on the inside of the pipe. If you haven't done it before, you might want a professional.

Of course, after the Audi Super Bowl commercial, I hear those Germans are pretty tough on people environmentally speaking - grinding does cause tiny metal fragments in the air. The F in fragment looks kind’a like a P, and P rhymes T and that spells trouble in River City.

Last edited by teagueAMX; 02-16-2010 at 08:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 03:03 AM   #124
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

nice pics, i still gotta get mine done too
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #125
ChuckB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

In case anyone is curious, this is the single 3 meter [9ft] piece of what came off the car, a bit more work to remove it uncut, but didn't want to throw it away yet, weights about 60 lbs [30kg] and is a bit heavier than what went back on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #126
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

try transporting that old exhaust in one piece in your z4 would be fun
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 01:03 PM   #127
ChuckB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
Of course, after the Audi Super Bowl commercial, I hear those Germans are pretty tough on people environmentally speaking...
Yup, they are pretty strict on Eco stuff, Illegal to wash your car on a street, also illegal to wash your car in your driveway unless you have an oil/water separator installed in the drain system before it goes into the sewer. Mileage is not the prime focus on vehile ratings, grams of Carbon per kilometer is at the top, but with gas at $2.00 a quart it is still pretty high. Cars are prohibited from driving into most large cities depending upon the emission standard they meet - No shortage of tree-huggers here, which is a good thing...
Appreciate 0