New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-30-2016, 05:19 AM   #67
omega145
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 Xdrive

New VW Golf R, quick and functional with AWD 4 doors + hatch
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 05:58 PM   #68
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

I would suggest an E350. Plenty of space and it's comfortable to drive.

Or get a 428i Gran Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 06:01 PM   #69
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker
I would suggest an E350. Plenty of space and it's comfortable to drive.

Or get a 428i Gran Coupe.
The GC is sexy. Also I was just in looking for a car for my father. The 335 GT doesn't hold value for shit, you can get a smoking good deal on an exec demo. Really nice looking car super versatile.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 12:05 PM   #70
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: geo metro

Resurrection.

After getting married, going on our European honeymoon, trading in my M4, and moving from Chicago to Dallas... I finally decided on the car for my wife

2016 Ultrasonic Blue Lexus IS200t F sport with grey interior

I used to hate the new Lexus grilles but its kind of edgy and fun so I'm fine with it now (the non-F sport looks fugly).

I went to a BMW dealer and entertained the idea of a 328i but the incentives / overall deal wasn't that great. The best he could do was a few $k off a $50k vehicle with a lease payment in the $600s. I wasn't having that for a basic 3 series (not even m-sport).

The Lexus was fully loaded (sans the upgraded audio) at $45k and we were able to get $5k off for payments in the low $400s. The nuluxe leather in the Lexus is much better than even the merino I had in the M4 IMO.

It's a very comfortable car and well appointed (like blind spot and ventilated seats which help in Texas). My only complaints are the nav system (which is inferior to iDrive in many ways) and the turbo lag (but it's my wife's daily so I doubt she is flogging it).

I know Lexus or LexiClub is not the most favorited in this forum but it was a good deal on a reliable, comfortable, well-appointed car - which is what I was looking for.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2016, 12:16 PM   #71
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrvergnügen View Post
Resurrection.

After getting married, going on our European honeymoon, trading in my M4, and moving from Chicago to Dallas... I finally decided on the car for my wife

2016 Ultrasonic Blue Lexus IS200t F sport with grey interior

I used to hate the new Lexus grilles but its kind of edgy and fun so I'm fine with it now (the non-F sport looks fugly).

I went to a BMW dealer and entertained the idea of a 328i but the incentives / overall deal wasn't that great. The best he could do was a few $k off a $50k vehicle with a lease payment in the $600s. I wasn't having that for a basic 3 series (not even m-sport).

The Lexus was fully loaded (sans the upgraded audio) at $45k and we were able to get $5k off for payments in the low $400s. The nuluxe leather in the Lexus is much better than even the merino I had in the M4 IMO.

It's a very comfortable car and well appointed (like blind spot and ventilated seats which help in Texas). My only complaints are the nav system (which is inferior to iDrive in many ways) and the turbo lag (but it's my wife's daily so I doubt she is flogging it).

I know Lexus or LexiClub is not the most favorited in this forum but it was a good deal on a reliable, comfortable, well-appointed car - which is what I was looking for.
I've owned a couple of Lexus' and the wife use to have the previous IS and RX. You gotta give credit where credit it due. These cars are very nice inside and very well built.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 02:23 PM   #72
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I dunno, no hatch with a kids on the way is an interesting move TBH. The car is low and hard to put kids and their massive seats in and out of.

We have two sprogs and just bought an X3 (after looking for a Q5), 20,0000 miles, loaded to the gills, CPO, 42K CDN.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 03:55 PM   #73
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I dunno, no hatch with a kids on the way is an interesting move TBH. The car is low and hard to put kids and their massive seats in and out of.

We have two sprogs and just bought an X3 (after looking for a Q5), 20,0000 miles, loaded to the gills, CPO, 42K CDN.
Can't argue with that point. It's a lease and easy to get out of if size becomes an issue in the future.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #74
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrvergnügen
Quote:

Can't argue with that point. It's a lease and easy to get out of if size becomes an issue in the future.
It won't. You'll be fine. Alfisti just likes large cars. We've survived with an X1 and an F30 and a kid plus a dog. I'm 6'2" and it works fine. Enjoy the IS, I really like the current ones, now if they just made them with three pedals...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 08:52 AM   #75
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Survived is the right word, you'd survive with a bicycle too if you had to.

Small and/or low cars with child seats is a recipe for agitation to say the least. The seats are massive, as are the strollers they click into.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 10:52 AM   #76
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Survived is the right word, you'd survive with a bicycle too if you had to.

Small and/or low cars with child seats is a recipe for agitation to say the least. The seats are massive, as are the strollers they click into.
It's always a compromise, I guess. My wife doesn't like driving large vehicles (even a 5 series or Macan is large by her standards) but wanted 4 doors and good space... which leaves out coupes and compact cars. So the 3 series, C-class, IS, A4 types fit the bill.

I recently moved to Texas and I might be one of only a handful of people in my neighborhood that don't have an SUV or truck. We have a tiny e36 M3, a 1M and now my wife's IS. Yes, trying to fit a lawn mower in the IS proved difficult and we had to take it out of the box but we made do with it and she still gets to drive a car she's comfortable with.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 11:55 AM   #77
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Exactly, a 5er is large, a X3 should be fine. They beep and bop at you if you're fucking it up in the parking lot anyway.
Appreciate 0