New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #23
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
In general agree, but if the passing car drives only about 1 mile per hour faster than the "long line of cars" they are passing, forgive me for getting impatient ...

IMHO, there should be a rule that if passing takes more than 10 to 20 seconds, well, maybe you shouldn't be passing.

I think most of the time it's just somebody too lazy to disengage cruise control which happens to be set 1 mph faster than that of the car in the right lane...
True. They are not passing in the true sense of the word, nor are they following the spirit or purpose of the passing lane. They are like you say, just cruising 1 mph faster than the cars to the right. That is not passing. It is hogging passing lane.

In addition, some ignorant drivers think that as long as they are traveling the speed LIMIT, regardless of the difference between their speed and the speed of every other car in every lane to the right, that they have the right to be in the passing lane. They are, as we know, wrong.

Last edited by 35iDriver; 03-29-2012 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #24
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldguyj View Post
I couldn't agree more if you are passing slower cars great. Your post said nothing of passing. I was specifically speaking of those who formation drive. Not intending to lecture, I'll leave that for you.
All I can say is - use your words more carefully next time, 'cause it sure sounded like a lecture.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #25
Blu Yea
Jimi Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 35i DSB - Walnut

Garage List
2011 Z4 35i  [8.00]
Interesting thread.
After 35 years daily commuting on LA freeways I realize I have personally gone through many phases of driver attitude. Many are described here. Sorry if I did it to any you!

Its just that the 35i is such an incredibly gorgeous, fast and stylish car that it evokes strong reactions from people both positive and negative on the road. Working in hollywood there are a lot of very expensive and hot cars with crazy drivers who create bad reputations for the car type ( was BMW for a while) now seems to be Audi, Mustangs and the SLK. For my overall sanity, my phase is now extremely polite and respectful to other drivers as I don't want them screwing up my gorgeous, fast and stylish car.
Unless you piss me off and I bring out the big guns..
Appreciate 0