proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

08-30-2015, 12:16 AM   #67
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvo9 View Post

You don't see many Challenger around, and that's what I like about.
In what country? Not the US.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 03:22 AM   #68
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvo9 View Post
One more thing I would like to add to my above post.

You'll see a BMW or a Mustang at almost every block when you drive by. Yeah there are 1 to 8 BMW series, but most people on the road can't differentiate the model, when most BMW are unbadged.

It's the same for Mustang. How many people can tell you're driving a Boss, a Rough, a Shelby, a 350, etc.

You might argue it's the "sleeper" status.

Are you really trying to race from stop light to stop light for cash? Or the moment you hit on the gas pedal, pass someone else real quick, it makes you happy and boost your ego?

You don't see many Challenger around, and that's what I like about.
It depends on where you live. I see a lot of Challengers here, Chargers are spotted every so often. BMWs are seen a lot, Merc's too but not as much as the Chally. The Challenger doesn't have the appeal to me and I'd rather have a Charger.

And its Roush. How many people can tell what you're driving now a days anyways? Whether its a Civic Si or a Porsche GT3 RS they'll just say "Nice Civic" or "Nice Porsche"!

But back to the Hellcat bashing, people will hate on another car that whoops up on their car in that category or categories. Even if it dominates their car, they'll go on the "prestige" their car has, even if its a base Cayman or whatever.

Would I trade up for a Hellcat from a M3? Yes.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 04:28 PM   #69
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post

speaking of, next car up for the hellcat motor is the Grand Cherokee trailhawk... should be VERY interesting.
It will be called "Trackhawk" and I agree, that will be very interesting!

OP, do it. It's not like you cant find another F80 to buy if you don't like the Hellcat. I suggest you get a manual to make it even more playful and fun!

I agree with some others here that it's not an attractive car by any stretch of the imagination, but the good news is that you cant see it while your driving it!

#HOONIGAN
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 08:32 PM   #70
BloomRunsDubs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
Ive seen WAY more M3s and M4s here in Wisco then Hellcats. Definitely not challengers in general though
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 08:37 PM   #71
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Never seem a hell cat but don't know how to differentiate them.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 09:46 AM   #72
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
on a side note, i had someone recently here from germany and were all about test driving american cars. lol minus fords. i guess they have a lot of fords there.
      08-31-2015, 11:59 AM   #73
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron View Post
on a side note, i had someone recently here from germany and were all about test driving american cars. lol minus fords. i guess they have a lot of fords there.
The grass is always greener...

Before the current generation Mustang, the Mustang wasn't sold overseas. Tourists were real happy to get a Mustang as a rental car because it was "cool".
      09-01-2015, 01:05 PM   #74
EXMpower
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Your not crazy .The Hellcat is awesome. I own one and it will destroy any M3 or M4 in a race. Some guy drving a M4 tried to race me in my Hellcat and got his A$$ handed to him . He tried 3 more times and kept losing by a lot . I don't care what any body says that hellcat is a crummy dodge or not as nice as a BMW M4 or E92 M3 or newer which i also own along with a 2015 Corvette ZO6. The SRT Hellcat is a really really Great car and very nice. I dont think BMW makes a M car that can beat the Hellcat in a race. None . So people who wanna bad mouth dodge and the SRT Hellcat . Keep bad mouthing it your an absolute Moron ! The reason i didn't buy a new M car is because i think BMW is going in the wrong direction with there M cars and the horsepower they have . So i bought the Hellcat and a ZO6 instead. Both will eat any BMW M car for lunch.
Attached Images

Last edited by EXMpower; 09-01-2015 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: Add
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #75
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Love both your cars. I hope your Z doesn't have the engine troubles like the others. Such a awesome car that GM failed yet again with the engine having problems and more worse than the C6 Z!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 08:28 PM   #76
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXMpower View Post
Your not crazy .The Hellcat is awesome. I own one and it will destroy any M3 or M4 in a race. Some guy drving a M4 tried to race me in my Hellcat and got his A$$ handed to him . He tried 3 more times and kept losing by a lot . I don't care what any body says that hellcat is a crummy dodge or not as nice as a BMW M4 or E92 M3 or newer which i also own along with a 2015 Corvette ZO6. The SRT Hellcat is a really really Great car and very nice. I dont think BMW makes a M car that can beat the Hellcat in a race. None . So people who wanna bad mouth dodge and the SRT Hellcat . Keep bad mouthing it your an absolute Moron ! The reason i didn't buy a new M car is because i think BMW is going in the wrong direction with there M cars and the horsepower they have . So i bought the Hellcat and a ZO6 instead. Both will eat any BMW M car for lunch.
I love the hellcat, impressive engine and a good looking car IMO. I don't think anyone here thinks their stock m3/4 will beat a 700 hp car. Didn't see that mentioned once. However, being straight line fast is only part of the equation. That doesn't mean build quality and fit and finish is comparable and I guarantee handling is not comparable. The hellcat weighs a ridiculous 4449 pounds with a 54/46 weight distribution and a high center of gravity. It may walk away from most any car in a straight line but take it to a road like the tail of the dragon (318 turns in 11 miles) and stock m3's and 4's will leave it behind. I say this confidentally as Sunday afternoon I had one try to push me on hwy 151 (very twisty rd) off the Blueridge Pkwy on Pisgah mtn. He was dramatically faster than me on the straights of the parkway but once we got on 151 I never saw him again after the first mile or two. I guess it all depends what you want from a car. Since I don't have the funds for multiple cars, I'd rather supercharge an e92 and have similar straight line performance with better handling.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.

Last edited by Doc Oc; 09-03-2015 at 06:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 12:39 AM   #77
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Love both your cars. I hope your Z doesn't have the engine troubles like the others. Such a awesome car that GM failed yet again with the engine having problems and more worse than the C6 Z!
I have had 5 Z06's over the years and I agree. GM can build a kick ass chassis, but they always cheap out on the components.

My C5 Z06's warped or cracked rotors every 3K miles, clutch sticking to the floor issues in all of them as well.

C6 Z06, had the exhaust valve / head issues and ended up being lemon lawed.

C7 Z06's are over heating for anything over daily driver duties.

That I have discovered is the extra money you are paying for when moving to a Euro car, the high quality of components.
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 07:48 AM   #78
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Great first post.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2015, 08:21 AM   #79
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
lol congratulations... and how did that feel when you smoked than M4???...because I smoke a lot of scions and civics on my 320 however...does that make my 320 awesome???..no I actually get a lot more enjoyment when I beat a CLA or a Lexus IS because its in the same category or close enough to my HP or engine size
      09-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #80
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
lol congratulations... and how did that feel when you smoked than M4???...because I smoke a lot of scions and civics on my 320 however...does that make my 320 awesome???..no I actually get a lot more enjoyment when I beat a CLA or a Lexus IS because its in the same category or close enough to my HP or engine size
prolly felt great.

feels good to smoke anything... crack, weed, meth.

sometimes when i see a moped i'm like "imma smoke this fool" and it's awesome. the comedown is a bitch though.
      09-03-2015, 10:56 AM   #81
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron
Quote:
prolly felt great.

feels good to smoke anything... crack, weed, meth.

sometimes when i see a moped i'm like "imma smoke this fool" and it's awesome. the comedown is a bitch though.
HA!
      09-03-2015, 12:09 PM   #82
1LegitM235i
1L
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Glacier Silver M235i

Quote:
Good point Indo. When categorizing my M235i to other cars, know the power and displacement, that's exactly what I will drive my car against. 3.0 vs 6.2 liters, no contest bro. The M235i still has the best 0-60 for its category and displacement.
MP Front Splitter//MP CF Short Shifter//MP CF E-brake//MP LSD//Cold Weather package//Driver Assistance package//Oyster Dakota leather//Aluminum Hexagon trim//ECS Tuning Wheel Spacers//AutoPlus Rear Diffuser//HUD//Rexing DashCam//AutoID M Mirror Caps
Appreciate 0