New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

08-03-2016, 12:58 AM   #45
MagicVioletZ1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 BMW Z1, Ferrari 355,SL600

Crimson Manual Extended Ivory Leather Black Wood 19"

I am trying to find out how many Z4s BMW built like my car. I check Cars.com weekly, month after month, and have never seen another car like mine. Anyone know how to find out how many cars were built like mine?

1. Twin Turbo Z4 with a six speed manual gearbox
2. Finished in crimson red (not the orange-red metallic Melbourne red)—a color BMW stopped offering on the Z4 years ago.
3. Full leather interior including dash and door panels with Ivory leather with Ivory suede inserts on the door panels and on the seats
4. Black anthracite wood.

Apparently BMW no longer offers blood red (crimson red) in the Z4--they stopped years ago
BMW no longer offers the twin turbo /turbo six cylinder with a manual gearbox—stopped years ago.

The interior is a very special Ivory suede and leather option which I also believe is no longer available today.

The door panels feature black leather, white leather and white suede.

What most people do not realize is how rare this BMW is. The prior generation Z4 was built in the United States. This generation BMW is built in Germany then imported to the U.S. The next generation is not a true Bavarian motor car as it is being designed and built as a BMW-Toyota joint venture, thus marking the end of an era.

This generation Z4 has had no factory marketing to speak of which is why for every one Z4 BMW sells Mercedes sells 6 SLKs and Porsche sells 10 911!

Last year, of all the Z4 varieties, auto / stick 4 or 6 cylinder, BMW sold just over 1800 cars for the entire year! Ferrari sold around four times as many cars!

I’d be willing to bet BMW loses money or has barely broken even selling the Z4 given the incredibly low production numbers and high development costs.

This car features:

Ambient Light package.
Anthracite wood interior trim.
Exclusive Ivory Napa full leather and suede interior package.
Sport Package
Adaptive M Suspension
HD Radio
Navigation
Real Time Traffic Information
Voice Activation
19” M Sport Wheels
Increased Top Speed Limiter
Storage Package
Comfort Access System
Premium Package: Four Way adjustable lumbar support, 8 way power seats with memory.
Auto Dimming Exterior Mirrors
Auto Dimming Rear view Mirror
BMW Assist with BlueTooth System
Integrated Universal 3 button garage door opener
Cold weather package: (Three stage heated seats, heated steering wheel, retractable high intensity headlight washers, pass through loading system with ski bag.)
Attached Images

Last edited by MagicVioletZ1; 08-03-2016 at 01:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 12:53 AM   #46
Fazerfahrer
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 330d touring F31, Z4 35is E89

Garage List
Hello,

the ivory nappaleather interior was a special package called "Design Pure White" and was available from 2009 till 2011. most of the time you see it in combination with Havanna brown exterior colour.
      08-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #47
ExcelsiorZ
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 Sdrive35i Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazerfahrer View Post
Hello,

the ivory nappaleather interior was a special package called "Design Pure White" and was available from 2009 till 2011. most of the time you see it in combination with Havanna brown exterior colour.
Thank you for the information. I've done a google search and I see the color you're referring to.

I also don't see any other red cars with this interior other than pics of mine.

With production ending of the Z4 this month is there a way to get final production figures, such as colors (interior and exterior)?

I'd really be curious to know how many E89 red / "Design Pure White" twin turbo six with six speed manual gearboxes were produced by BMW.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 11:08 PM   #48
Fazerfahrer
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Garage List
@excelsiorZ

Perhaps you should raise your question in the first step to the BMW customer service in Munich. Perhaps they are able to support. Use following contact:

kundenbetreuung@bmw.de
      08-11-2016, 10:45 PM   #49
MagicVioletZ1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 BMW Z1, Ferrari 355,SL600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazerfahrer View Post
@excelsiorZ

Perhaps you should raise your question in the first step to the BMW customer service in Munich. Perhaps they are able to support. Use following contact:

kundenbetreuung@bmw.de

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 08:33 AM   #50
Fazerfahrer
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Garage List
MagicVioletZ1

Just have a look what I found for the Z3. Perhaps you can contact the guy behind that homepage and ask him what is his source for these informations. I only know that he lives in Geneva / Switzerland.

http://onlyz3.com/en/prod_s54.html