New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

06-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
Lulz_M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335i 6MT

Exclamation Cobb Protune Group Buy - Florida

All,

I have been in contact with Will of Performance Race Solutions (PRS) about putting together special "Group Buy" pricing for members looking to get a Cobb Protune on their N54 powered BMW. They have not yet made the initial investment into purchasing the Protuning Software, but if we can get a minimum of 4 members that are willing to place deposits, PRS is willing to pull the trigger on the purchase. I'll be honest and say that i have no personal experience with PRS, but Will has been nothing short of fantastic in our communications, and seems very eager to earn our business. A quick search of the shop shows a very strong presence in the Orlando business community, as well as being very active in the EVO & WRX community, with an impressive resume of cars tuned and handbuilt in shop. They really are a one stop shop for performing simple installs, to all out race cars. Please have a look at their site to understand what i am talking about.

Shop details:
www.performanceracesolutions.com
4150 St. Johns Pkwy. Suite 1000
Sanford, FL. 32771
407-878-5870

Group Buy Details:
Minimum 4 participants willing to place a deposit. The deposit will be determined on how many people sign up for the group buy. If it is only 4-5 people, we will most likely need to pay the full amount up front, but if we can get 10, they will do a 50% deposit.

Current Cobb/Protune Support:
BMW 135i 2008-2010
BMW 335i 2007-2010
BMW 335is 2011-2012
BMW 335xi 2007-2008
BMW 335i xDrive 2009-2010
BMW 535i 2008-2010
BMW 535xi 2008
BMW 535i xDrive 2009-2010
BMW Z4i 2010-2011
BMW Z4is 2011
BMW 1M 2011

Pricing:
Initial map: $475 for 4-5 people
$450 for 6+ participants.

2nd map/every additional map: $200 (normally $250.)

This is a full day's worth of work on the dyno. Most places charge by the hour and if your on the dyno for 12hrs it can exceed well over $1000 at most shops. Tuning on e85 is not easy as well. Also, the Dyno used is an all wheel Mustang Dyno, which offers superior tuning capabilities to that of a Dynojet. Dyno tuning of XI vehicles is also possible because of this.

Timeframe:
I am still waiting to hear from Will on this, he is already talking with Cobb to get an idea of how long it would take to have the shop ready to Protune our N54's.

The only other requirements besides the fee are:
The vehicle must be in solid mechanically working order with no issues that can lead to damage on the dyno (Waivers must be signed).
Must have the Cobb Access Port (If you don't have one then you can contact Will directly to purchase along with the tuning service.)

For those that are seriously interested, please contact me via email(******************), PM, or by posting in this thread. Once we have met the minimum member count, Deposits can be made with paypal, credit cards and locals can pay in cash.

For direct inquiries or questions:
Will@Performanceracesolutions.com
Appreciate 0