New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

04-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #45
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
the power is more noticeable on the street (esp freeway) than on the track actually.. There aren't enough corners on most public roads for driver skill to make up for HP deficit
+1

If the roads actually require any smidgen of skill, they would be lined w/ lots of wreckage and we would not even be able to see the pavement lol. As it is, there are far too many poor-skilled drivers out there and too many accidents due to lousy/careless ppl.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #46
SgtGigglebox
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Atacama 35is

Jalopnik: The Worst Supercar Fails Caught On Video
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #47
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtGigglebox View Post
You needn't say more! I could have a Bugatti and all the power in the world, but I wouldn't know what to do with it. Haha
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #48
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
still curious as to what you guys think about the power difference.
Its definitely noticeable / more power is better / I'm having more fun in the 35i / I get why you went with the BMW even though it is slower per $ than competition
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 03:08 AM   #49
Yeggman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 s3.0i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbar View Post
I see you do a lot of preaching to other poeple about them not talking sh%4 about other cars, take your own advice because the way you describe it, "might go into limp mode by the third lap" is pretty funny but then that would make you forever in limp mode.
Hey Vbar, that was not my quote.

Last edited by Yeggman; 04-20-2013 at 03:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #50
Vbar
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeggman View Post
Hey Vbar, that was not my quote.
My sincerest appologies.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 03:34 AM   #51
Yeggman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbar View Post
My sincerest appologies.
Thanks, never a problem. Next time you're in the Stuart, Florida area, lunch is on me.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:16 AM   #52
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

So you're complaining about a free brand new BMW convertible sports car? You're 18 right? You do notice that it is highly unlikely that you would be able to afford anything nicer than this for the next 10 years on your own money. Free is free son, enjoy it and if you don't plan on living off daddy's money for the rest of your life, this is gonna be the nicest car that you will be driving for a while.

BTW, you're an 18 year old dude I assume heading to college, girls don't know the difference between a 3.0 or a 35i. Panties will still drop and you should thank your dad for every pc of ass that you tap with this car.
      04-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #53
Yeggman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
girls don't know the difference between a 3.0 or a 35i.
So, you're saying size doesn't matter?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #54
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
So you're complaining about a free brand new BMW convertible sports car? You're 18 right? You do notice that it is highly unlikely that you would be able to afford anything nicer than this for the next 10 years on your own money. Free is free son, enjoy it and if you don't plan on living off daddy's money for the rest of your life, this is gonna be the nicest car that you will be driving for a while.

BTW, you're an 18 year old dude I assume heading to college, girls don't know the difference between a 3.0 or a 35i. Panties will still drop and you should thank your dad for every pc of ass that you tap with this car.
Aaaah, sage advice Nkc.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #55
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Honestly, I didn't get this car for the looks, status, or to get girls. I got it because I genuinely love driving and i love cars. And hopefully this won't be the nicest car I'll be driving in the next 10 years. The thing with me, is that I'm of a certain race. And in our culture, our parents pretty much pay for everything until we get into residency, and sometimes even up until we start practicing.(The Medical profession is the only profession for us, I'm afraid.) For example, my Uncle just got my cousin an R8 for him becoming Chief resident. Now he's doing some sort of fellowship or something at Harvard. (Not exactly sure what he's doing there, actually. I think it's his interventional cardiology fellowship.) Its a foreign concept to most people, they think we're "spoiled", but that's just our culture.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #56
Nik z
Greece
Rep
Drives: z4 35i

z4 e89

the z4 e89(mine 35i) is not a sport car but a luxury roadster the only reason i bought this car is because it cost less than my previous 350z (i mean with gasoline and taxes )and the look with the metal roof ..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #57
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Honestly, I didn't get this car for the looks, status, or to get girls. I got it because I genuinely love driving and i love cars. And hopefully this won't be the nicest car I'll be driving in the next 10 years. The thing with me, is that I'm of a certain race. And in our culture, our parents pretty much pay for everything until we get into residency, and sometimes even up until we start practicing.(The Medical profession is the only profession for us, I'm afraid.) For example, my Uncle just got my cousin an R8 for him becoming Chief resident. Now he's doing some sort of fellowship or something at Harvard. (Not exactly sure what he's doing there, actually. I think it's his interventional cardiology fellowship.) Its a foreign concept to most people, they think we're "spoiled", but that's just our culture.
LOL, is anyone gonna touch that comment w/ a 10 foot pole? Yikes!!!

All I gotta say is that the car's appeal is a nice, bonus side effect, regardless whether or not you bought it for driving enjoyment.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #58
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
LOL, is anyone gonna touch that comment w/ a 10 foot pole? Yikes!!!

All I gotta say is that the car's appeal is a nice, bonus side effect, regardless whether or not you bought it for driving enjoyment.

I don't even care what people think at this point. I'm a nice enough guy, a damn good student, and I'm not tooooooo douchey. So whatever (and trust me, that all comes at a HEAVY price)
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #59
Yeggman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik z View Post
the z4 e89(mine 35i) is not a sport car but a luxury roadster
Maybe yours is, but mine's a sports car.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #60
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
This thing is getting way out of hand. This dialogue is not what this forum's about. I don't know what "culture" you belong to but if I said the things you said about yourself, I'd be flamed out of here. Your excuse of "this is just the way it's done" is pathetic and I think your sense of self-entitlement is atrocious. Go get a job, fend for yourself and grow up.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #61
williakz
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS460

Funny. This is a clone of a thread on Club Lexus where a graduating high schooler (also a member of the medical "culture") was debating what options he should specify on the 2013 GS350 F-Sport his dad wanted to buy him. He felt he deserved such a reward for his hard work at school (top student) and he had been suffering having had to drive his mom's cast-off two-year-old Lexus RX350. Hilarious as a skit, devastating as a harbinger.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #62
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by williakz View Post
Funny. This is a clone of a thread on Club Lexus where a graduating high schooler (also a member of the medical "culture") was debating what options he should specify on the 2013 GS350 F-Sport his dad wanted to buy him. He felt he deserved such a reward for his hard work at school (top student) and he had been suffering having had to drive his mom's cast-off two-year-old Lexus RX350. Hilarious as a skit, devastating as a harbinger.
Aw man, did we get trolled? Srsly?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #63
williakz
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS460

Ha! Not the same kid, but the same result.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #64
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1 View Post
I think your sense of self-entitlement is atrocious. Go get a job, fend for yourself and grow up.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #65
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I don't even care what people think at this point. I'm a nice enough guy, a damn good student, and I'm not tooooooo douchey. So whatever (and trust me, that all comes at a HEAVY price)
Damn, I just realized that you took his comment seriously and just had to say something about it. So man, your last comment is so ironic. If you're not, you really are starting to come across as really douchey on the net. I have no idea what you meant by your statement in parentheses...that you're *all that* but are trying real hard to be 'humble'? Say it ain't so, dude...oh man lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #66
Crazykoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Mineral White

Garage List
2018 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by williakz
Just to be clear (albeit off topic), the culture he is talking about is related to his heritage. Getting a high end sports car as a gift at graduation is in no way part of medical culture. But I don't think that's what you were trying to say.
Appreciate 0