New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

04-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
razorjimmy
Bang !
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP Coupe

Getting 29F3 low pressure sensor code, but my car doesn't have a low pressure sensor!

Hello all,

I have a 2009 z4 35i with MSD81 IGD0S factory flash.

After flashing my DME with IJE0S BMS Back end flash, I'm now getting a 29F3 code, which is a faulty low pressure fuel sensor error. The low end performance is TERRIBLE. I can't climb hills. It's that severe.

I ordered a new sensor with part no 13537614317. However, when I had my mechanic disassemble the air intake to replace the sensor, we saw that there ISN'T a sensor on where there should be!!

It appears that N54 on Z4 doesn't have a low pressure sensor. I think the BMS back end flash is taken from a 335i to be modified to what it is. And when the new flash can't detect the fuel sensor, it throws a code, and can't determine the correct fuel pressure. No fuel, no thrust.

I can't go back to my original flash and use JB4 because when I do, I get 30FF, 29F2, 29E2 codes ALL the time.

The only option is to go back to original flash and not use JB4, which is not an acceptable solution for me.

Does anyone have any work-around for this issue? Please?
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #2
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Sounds like you have used a custom flash tune. Why are you using a flash tune with JB4? Are you using the Jb4 to control methanol injection kit?

I would recommend flashing back to the original OEM tune then using Cobb. I would normally recommend asking your "tuner" to fix the tune but if they suggesting using 335 flash then maybe they are not a good source of information

Also, can't you use JB4 with any of the N54 DME because it just intercepts the signals anyway ?
Appreciate 0