New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

02-18-2015, 07:30 AM   #1
Eric
Private
Rep
Drives: Numerous

Rear seat entertainment from front

Just picked up my X5 50i from the performance center. Extremely impressed with the truck so far!

We ordered the rear seat entertainment for our two young children. We were finally sold on it based on discussion from this forum with regard to control from front seat iDrive.

I am having difficulty sending a front seat DVD to the back monitors, like has been discussed in the past. When I select "rear" from multimedia, there is no option for front seat media. It shows up if the disc is in the rear, but we had hoped that we could swap discs from the front. Any ideas?

Also, many DVDs force you to watch previews and there is no "top menu" button or "popup menu" that override the preview like on many home players. The "DVD Menu" button is "not allowed" during previews.

Anyone have any tricks?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 06:50 PM   #2
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

I'd be interested to know if you could send front DVD to rear monitor, but I never even thought about it being possible. I bet you can't.
*edit - At least you can't in the e70 2012 X5, according to the manual.

I just played with ours tonight (single monitor on center armrest) and figured out how to activate and turn volume up.

However what I want to know is if I get headphones for the kids (wired or infrared), can I play different music up front while they enjoy the rear DVD with their headphones?

*edit - I found this doc and it seems that I CAN do this! Terrific, so no 4 hours of Thomas the Train this wknd! Just got to buy 2 sets of headphones.
Interestingly, it states near the end the 2 sets of Infrared headphones come with this option, but I haven't heard of anyone getting any.
-> Link for e70 model Rear Entertainment:
RSE.pdf
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star

Last edited by heatmizr; 05-06-2015 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: added more info
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 06:37 AM   #3
petgibson
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

My lil ones would love this.