New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

11-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Tips for getting an early order?

I hope this thread isn't too early (or too late!) but for those of you thinking of getting in on the initial allotments of this car, what are you doing? I haven't spoken to my dealer yet, thinking its still too early since its before the big reveal at the LA auto show.

I've never tried to order a car on early allotment before so I was wondering if there are any tips or tricks you can share to make sure you can get a custom order in early, and not just have to pick from the dealer's allotment.

My other concern is around price and markup. Does BMW charge a markup for early allotment as well? Given the current economy and the major hurt on all the car makers, its a good time to be a buyer. There are great incentives for ordering a current car, but could any of this translate to ordering the new car early? Ideally I'd like to be able to get the car under MSRP. I understand I'll be paying a small premium to be in the early group, but I don't know if I can stomach a markup on top of MSRP just to be in the first group.

Hopefully we get some pricing information soon (at the auto show?) and can start to nail down ordering and options a bit. I'm really looking forward to the new Z car!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
Rubber Ducky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Best guess from my experience with early order of an E93...

Dealer will have allocation(s) well before prices, though you'll have to have an options sheet before an order can go in - all BMWs are 'made-to-order.' Will be difficult to get off MSRP when prices do come out, but I managed to peel $1000 (repeat customer). Much doubt prices will be available for LA Show or for first journalist rides. I saw a live E93 at my dealer before I knew prices (BMW probably will have a pre-release car going from dealer to dealer in each of its regions - dealer indoctrination etc.)

Price is price - MSRP will be constant and not raised for early orders. I doubt the E89 will generate the intensity of - say - the ZR1, so don't expect dealer markups beyond BMW pricing (not sure BMWNA would allow that anyway).

On a lease, expect high residual, high money factor - probably something like 60%/36-mo/12K and .00320.

Expect delivery 10 - 12 weeks after order. Should be able to do European Delivery or Performance Center Delivery.

Will be competition for the first allocations, so need to get into dealer and pull the trigger quickly.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Appreciate 0