New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

12-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #23
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by laz4 View Post
The doors will unlock from more than 6ft away but opening the top by remote with CA but no smart top only works within 6ft of the car.
Well, as evident by this photo, I strolled out into the road and at 34 (long) paces, my SmartTop function as designed, the windows operate AND the TOP will function open or closed. This was from a distance of approximately 100 feet. I don't know if it will operate from farther away, and I actually didn't expect it to operate from this distance. I knew I had operated the top from a good distance away, just never bothered to determine that distance. Early 2012 model.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 04:18 AM   #24
Atebit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Yellow 2011 Z4 sdrive30i

At the office I park in the nether reaches of the parking lot, so I've tried from various long distances with no luck, so I guess I need more practice.

Maybe it has something to do with the angle of approach? I'm approaching from the left rear at nearly a right angle to the car. Maybe the antenna coverage is not so good there?
      12-14-2012, 05:25 AM   #25
BuckarooVT90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Z4 sDrive35i DCT

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atebit View Post
At the office I park in the nether reaches of the parking lot, so I've tried from various long distances with no luck, so I guess I need more practice.

Maybe it has something to do with the angle of approach? I'm approaching from the left rear at nearly a right angle to the car. Maybe the antenna coverage is not so good there?

Everything is better when approached from the rear....
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #26
laz4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 Titanium Silver Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baremeg55
Well, as evident by this photo, I strolled out into the road and at 34 (long) paces, my SmartTop function as designed, the windows operate AND the TOP will function open or closed. This was from a distance of approximately 100 feet. I don't know if it will operate from farther away, and I actually didn't expect it to operate from this distance. I knew I had operated the top from a good distance away, just never bothered to determine that distance. Early 2012 model.
But you have smart top! We were talking about CA stock. I am not surprised to see smart top fixes that limitation as well.
Appreciate 0