New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
F30_APSL
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i sedan sprt line

Road rage

Hi,

Today some asshole for fun drove so slowly in the line I wanted to merge in blocking me. I ignored it and went behind him and still same slow driving while everyone else passes by.

Anyone face this issue ? Jealous assholes trying to block with their stupid Honda.

Please dont get me wrong. I have nothing against Honda but blocking me for fun is not cool.

Anyone face this ?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Not really, because when I want to merge, there is almost no way they can block me as I'm on my afterburners!! Next time, just pass the prick, no point hanging around such losers.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 03:12 AM   #3
raven333
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black 3.0siM sport

Just view it that the guy was sad!! To you it was a few seconds of lost time! to him it was something he will never have!!! let him have his moment and perhaps next time he does it to someone they ram him up the A***e!!!http://e89.zpost.com/forums/images/smilies/mad0260.gif
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
army_men
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 35i

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4 35i  [10.00]
my bmw don't get angry with hondas, it smokes them.

but in all seriousness, I just take them for a bad driver and move on with my life. I've had people pulling up on the side just to trash talk, ass**** drivers cutting into my lane aggressively and slowing down, there are just bad drivers everywhere. But I be nice to them and usually let them in. because someday when I make a noob mistake I wish they'd be nice to me too.

plus, really no reason to get rough with them in your shiny bimmer
      06-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

I posted this before but I think it applies to this situation too. Funny read.
Attached Files
File Type: doc The Hatred Shown by People to BMW.doc (31.5 KB, 214 views)

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #6
E36ic4Me
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 & M3 Convertible

Coming home last night in my 328i Convertible, there was a lane closure on the freeway. Everyone had to merge into the fast lane (where I already was). People were merging just fine and doing what they should be.....until this a** hole in a Chevy truck tried flooring it to cut me off. Yeah, I don't go for that. So I edged a bit closer to the Civic in front of me and the truck was forced to get behind me (hooray). As such, he decided to drive with his high beams on behind me the entire way down the highway. He probably thought that he thought he was really getting 'revenge' by doing that. I just smugly thought 'I'm in my BMW with the top down, your in an old Chevy truck......I win'.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
army_men
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4 35i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36ic4Me View Post
Coming home last night in my 328i Convertible, there was a lane closure on the freeway. Everyone had to merge into the fast lane (where I already was). People were merging just fine and doing what they should be.....until this a** hole in a Chevy truck tried flooring it to cut me off. Yeah, I don't go for that. So I edged a bit closer to the Civic in front of me and the truck was forced to get behind me (hooray). As such, he decided to drive with his high beams on behind me the entire way down the highway. He probably thought that he thought he was really getting 'revenge' by doing that. I just smugly thought 'I'm in my BMW with the top down, your in an old Chevy truck......I win'.
That juvenile of him to endanger other drivers, because someone else didn't hand over the right of way. Not tolerable even if he's driving a lambo.
      06-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Don 't let your ego get in your way. Sometimes it's better just to let the guy have his way otherwise you're just provoking a confrontation and giving him a reason to annoy you more. Not worth it IMO.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1 View Post
Don 't let your ego get in your way. Sometimes it's better just to let the guy have his way otherwise you're just provoking a confrontation and giving him a reason to annoy you more. Not worth it IMO.
I agree, unless there is an open road where I can tell him to shove off and just disappear into the horizon. Unfortunately, there are just too many stupid speedtraps here and stupid drivers like that Chevy trucker: they don't care if they dent their nasty truck if there was ever a tangle.

The usual way to merge is 1 car per lane, switching back and forth. If that Chevy was trying to bud in line, well, depending on how dangerous the situation, I just might let him in. No pt stressing oneself w/ some idiot putting his highbeams behind the rest of the way.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
E36ic4Me
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Different strokes for different folks. If someone is intentionally speeding up with the intent to cut me off, I don't go for it. They can do what they're supposed to do and wait just like everyone else. If he didn't like merging when he was legally supposed to, not my problem.

I'm also sick of big cars thinking they can automatically do what they will with small cars. They use their size as leverage, knowing we fear getting hit by something larger. Tough, I'm not getting bullied around just because someone is driving some truck or SUV monstrosity. Small cars take back the road! lol
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #11
army_men
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4 35i  [10.00]
I have a dash board camera on constantly, if they want to get into an accident with me, it won't be me paying the bills.
      06-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #12
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
I've been in situations where some a$$hole puts his high beams on. I have absolute ZERO tolerance for this kind of behavior. So, what I do is slow waaaaay down and motioned to the a$$hole with my arm to turn the high beams off. ..and then I continue to drive much slower than everyone else.

This leaves him with only 2 options:

1) He can stay behind me going slower than everyone else. This gives me a measure of revenge as I've slowed him down.

2) He can go around and pass me. This eliminates the high beams altogether.

I recall holding out at 20 mph slower than everyone else for about a mile one time, before the a$$hole went around me. I proceeded to give him a sarcastic wave goodbye as he passed me. One thing I never do is give anyone the finger. That only tells them that they succeeded in upseting you.

Last edited by 35iDriver; 06-13-2012 at 06:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #13
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

excellent - this too is exactly my tactic: slow way down and annoy with kindness when they pass
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #14
E36ic4Me
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Same here!

Blowing a lil' kiss at a jerk driver is nice too, HaHaHa!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #15
robertrichhart
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 S35i

Had an a$$!??& in an Escalade pull out at a red light directly in front of me at an intersection. I was on the highway running about 60 mph at the time and had to chock it up to keep from slamming into him. I was able to go left behind a car and get up beside him where I allowed him the opportunity to read my lips as I called him a dumba$$! He went ballistic and was all over the road, I went to the next lane to the left and last saw him in my rear view mirror . Probably shouldn't have upset the old guy, but he did pull a dumba$$ move! And it sure made me feel better...
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #16
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
The world is full of angry, jealous and stupid people.

My take:
In slow traffic let them do what they want to try and keep them away from you.
In fast traffic leave them for dead if you can.
If they continue to attack or target you - take their plates and report them to the cops while you are driving (hands free of course), trying to stay out of their way.

I had an absolute a-hole in traffic a while back. He wanted to push in ahead of me so I let him. He then started playing games - blocking the road, driving slow, swerving between lanes to stop me getting past him, gesticulating out the window the whole time.

Instead of ringing the cops, I rang the head office of his company (some of these guys are so dumb they do it in a car with a company name and phone number printed on the side..)
He had been in trouble before on the road and the manager told me they would act on it - they had had enough of their company being given a bad name by him.

Sometimes Karma needs a helping hand.

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 12:47 AM   #17
F30_APSL
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i sedan sprt line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35iDriver View Post
I've been in situations where some a$$hole puts his high beams on. I have absolute ZERO tolerance for this kind of behavior. So, what I do is slow waaaaay down and motioned to the a$$hole with my arm to turn the high beams off. ..and then I continue to drive much slower than everyone else.

This leaves him with only 2 options:

1) He can stay behind me going slower than everyone else. This gives me a measure of revenge as I've slowed him down.

2) He can go around and pass me. This eliminates the high beams altogether.

I recall holding out at 20 mph slower than everyone else for about a mile one time, before the a$$hole went around me. I proceeded to give him a sarcastic wave goodbye as he passed me. One thing I never do is give anyone the finger. That only tells them that they succeeded in upseting you.
i like your idea. will try next time. thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #18
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post

Instead of ringing the cops, I rang the head office of his company (some of these guys are so dumb they do it in a car with a company name and phone number printed on the side..)
He had been in trouble before on the road and the manager told me they would act on it - they had had enough of their company being given a bad name by him.
Oh man, what a retard LOL.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #19
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshmehta View Post
i like your idea. will try next time. thanks
One warning that probably goes without saying - Don't do this in rush hour, bumper to bumper traffic where everyone is going 75 and you are doing 55. In other words, use your common sense when employing this tactic.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 01:47 AM   #20
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Oh man, what a retard LOL.
Call me a repeat offender, but I rang one of my competitor companies one day recently.

They guy was driving in a work ute with big stickers on his tool boxes advertising a prominent local building company.

He was all up my date on a four lane freeway.
Quite congested traffic.
I ignored him and he moved into the fast lane and started tail gating an older sedan who was doing the speed limit.
He kept getting more agressive until he was right on the guys bumper and swerving across into the centre emergency lane to scare and "push" the guy out of his way.
When the sedan could pull over into the third lane, the other guy took off in his ute until he was blocked by the next car 100m ahead.
When I rang the company, even the receptionist knew who he was by his rego and my description of his driving.

Some people have no idea or forget that they are advertising for their company (either good or bad) every time they drive a branded company vehicle on the road

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #21
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

^Good on you to report these dangerous drivers. It's amazing how many there are in this world.
Appreciate 0