New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
baldguyj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 e89 35i Sdrive

Tracking your Z4 35i

Ok, my third tracking event and just wanted to share my perspectives:
1. The car has noticeable Torque advantages over many vehicles. My instructor was impressed how it kept pulling even at 120-125 MPH going into 5th. I caught him glancing at my speedometer a couple of times. He then had his boss take a ride and he said the same thing.
2. My instructor was also coaching another driver with a 2011 Nissan 370 Nismo with 350-hp, 276 lb-ft of torque, 3.7-liter V6 engine and his statement was “ the Nismo handles better in the corners (much stiffer suspension) but the Z-4 has the torque and much faster to speed”.
3. My friend also has the Nismo (and clocked times consistently 6-7 seconds better than I but his 13th event) and on our rider home we talked about the road and he stated “I thought my teeth were going to rattle out on Interstate 610”, I didn’t notice the roughness.
Conclusion: I could get through the corners quicker with a tighter suspension (Coilovers may be the answer there) and have a bit of faster times or go stock and enjoy my ride the other 350 days I’m not on the track and still enjoy the track at a slightly lesser degree.

Thoughts?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0