New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

02-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
Lambobimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 2018 TTRS

Help me mod my 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

I am coming from a 2008 fully modded 135i. I am not planning on FBO but I would like to add DP's and Exhaust. I already have a Cobb AccessPORT and I planning on using it on this car.

Who makes the best Angel Eye bulbs for the Z4 and what about a good ssk kit.

I might consider a Intercooler but it appears that there are limited options for the Z4.

I am also noticing that parts for the Z4 are much more expensive than for the 135i. My guess is because there are limited options for this car.

I haven't actually got the car yet but I am actively looking and will buy Wholesale through Manheim.

So, what options are a must for this car and what mods should I do.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Constant.S
Resistance is futile...
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89(N54)

I'd say Tune, suspension, sway bars and Quaife LSD for starters. If you feel like needing more power down the road get the Intercooler and free flowing downpipes to use more aggressive maps.
The best performing angel eyes are the LUX imo. About the ssk cant help, mine's a DCT.
Except downpipes, all intercoolers will fit the Z4, its just that some dont require small trimming.
Have fun with the Z once you get it, its a beautiful car compared with the 135
      02-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
Lambobimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 2018 TTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant.S View Post
I'd say Tune, suspension, sway bars and Quaife LSD for starters. If you feel like needing more power down the road get the Intercooler and free flowing downpipes to use more aggressive maps.
The best performing angel eyes are the LUX imo. About the ssk cant help, mine's a DCT.
Except downpipes, all intercoolers will fit the Z4, its just that some dont require small trimming.
Have fun with the Z once you get it, its a beautiful car compared with the 135

Are you saying that any Intercooler that fits the 135i or 335i will fit the Z4? I wish that I would have know that because I wouldn't have sold my Helix.
It seem like the only company that makes DP's for the Z4 is AR Design. Is this correct?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
Constant.S
Resistance is futile...
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89(N54)

Alot of companies make downpipes for the Z4, AR is just the most reputable, famous and best option. Yes the Stepped Helix design would fit the Z4 with some minor trimming from a professional installer. But go Bolt on in case in the future you want to sell the car and want it in stock factory form.
      02-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

you might be in luck my friend..i might be parting out my catless AR downpipe soon and even my Evolution Racewerks larger front mount intercooler. This ER FMIC was designed and fitted on a Z4 E89 so it will fit perfectly. I had it installed at the ER headquarters in Cali.

I'm slowly putting my car back to stock and my parts will slowly come off over the next 2 months. They don't have many miles on them as I've only put on 2k miles in the last 3 months on the car. =) I got them both about 3 months ago. Watch the threads here for a post sometime this month with parts for sale.
Appreciate 0