New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-05-2012, 04:25 AM   #1
z4drifter
Registered
Rep
Drives: e89 z4 2.0sdrive

Thumbs up Drift with e89

Hello this is my first post in this forum.
I drive a 2012 model z4 2.0sdrive and i did custom exhaust system in my country i will post the sound later if anyone interested.
I search in the forum and in the youtube but i couldn't find any drift video with e89 z4. Are there any drifter here or am i the only one? We can share our experiences
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
al1
Private
Rep
Drives: z4 35i

Turkish guy craving for drift merhaba ..

Even though our cars dont have a very very aggressive character, still it is quite exciting to skit with traction off on rainy days ..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by z4drifter View Post
I drive a 2012 model z4 2.0sdrive and i did custom exhaust system in my country i will post the sound later if anyone interested.
I search in the forum and in the youtube but i couldn't find any drift video with e89 z4. Are there any drifter here or am i the only one? We can share our experiences
Hope tires are cheep in your part of the world make sure you are far away from trees when you drift your babe.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
XStarkX
Rep
Drives: E89 z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4drifter
I just had mine out on the skid pad and had a blast. Was able to hold it and make 3-4 laps sideways. The car is surprisingly easy to control slalom drifting. Everyone needs some skid pad time! Thinking about doing some events soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 03:35 AM   #5
z4drifter
Registered
Rep

Thanks for advises my tires are the original ones right now potenza i mean. I usually drift in the roads which is old asphalt roads it is easy to drift Also i will change my tires for summer. And also it is easy and fun to drift in the parking garages. The mod i use is of course manuel mod and i push the dtc button like 5seconds and i turn off every system.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by z4drifter View Post
Thanks for advises my tires are the original ones right now potenza i mean. I usually drift in the roads which is old asphalt roads it is easy to drift Also i will change my tires for summer. And also it is easy and fun to drift in the parking garages. The mod i use is of course manuel mod and i push the dtc button like 5seconds and i turn off every system.
One word of advise. Don't ever drive with bald tires it might not be wise.

A good friend of mine did almost 2 years ago now and paid for with his life. He was only 29, went for a quick spin to see his G/F after a track meet and lost control (his rear gave out while overtaking on a wet road) he ended up around a tree. The final analysis was he drove with bald tires.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
z4drifter
Registered
Rep

I feel really sorry for your friend. Thanks a lot for this important advise my tires are not bald yet i will change ASAP when it becomes bald.. Btw it is not the right topic but maybe i can but a good summer tires such as continental contisport contact 3 . Do you have another opinion?
Appreciate 0