New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

07-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
Mr Breeze
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is

My ship has come in....

The Morning Celine docked at Port Hueneme in Oxnard, CA this morning, carrying my Z4 35is, among others. Customs, transport to AZ...can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

When is delivery? Congrats, great choice.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
Mr Breeze
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

No word from the dealer yet. I assume it will be at least a week or so...

How long have you had yours? First impressions?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Breeze View Post
No word from the dealer yet. I assume it will be at least a week or so...

How long have you had yours? First impressions?
So, end of the month? Bet you can't wait!

I took delivery in just 3 days since it was already in the dealership. Have it for a bit over 2 weeks. The car's amazing, the more I learn how to drive it. The RFTs are less grippy than nons I get the feeling, but now have developed grip, so maybe it's because I'm driving it better or they finally are worked in? Who knows? It has lots of power, no problem cutting through traffic on roads and highways, extremely effortless, and I'm not even pushing it too much since still in the break-in period.

Everything is perfect about it save that mine developed a small 'whirling' noise at idle and it seems it may have come from the LPFP (noise somewhere behind the seats). It is strange because it comes on for a few seconds and then goes, so intermittently. Recently, I haven't heard it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and maybe it's one of those breaking-in kinks (hopefully). Other than that, nothing to complain about: build quality is great, no rattles. Just love the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
Mr Breeze
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

3 days....nice! I'm guessing you have been considering for a while, and they had the model/color/options you wanted and were able to make it happen. Kudos to you. For me, I spent a lot of time on color choice. The car looks great no matter what color, and of course the time of day and cloud cover has a lot to do with how each color transforms itself. I seem to recall seeing your pics - white with red interior, right?

I've never been fond of white cars....until I saw a white Z4. It was stunning.

I went with the Titanium Silver (similar to my SLK55) as it hides the desert dust. I like the Deep Sea Blue the best, but I already have a deep blue car (which I bought when living in Minnesota before moving to AZ) and it is a hard color to keep looking good here in the desert.

Interesting about the "whirr" - a electronic fuel pump perhaps? After only a couple weeks, I imagine you are in no hurry to bring it back to the dealer to have them check it out....too much fun driving!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

The whirl comes and goes...it is very slight and I can hear it only at idle w/ no radio on. It sometimes comes for a few seconds and then off, on, off...and sometimes there is no noise. Ppl suspect it is the LPFP (low pressure fuel pump) that is located in the fuel tank. Some ppl say not to let the fuel level go below 1/4 tank to prevent this noise. I did take it back to the dealer a while back but they couldn't figure out what it was after a whole day and roadtesting it for 30+kms (arrgh). So, no more letting them touch my new car and I'll see how it goes. So far, it's been good so keeping my fingers crossed.

Yes, white on red. My last car was white so I wanted something different at first. Then I saw another member's car w/ white on red and I thought it was great. I'm usually quite conservative when it comes to interiors but this time saw how the red played on black and it looked quite nice so went w/ that. White is more difficult to keep clean though. I would imagine silver is the best for that clean look. They had the exact specs I wanted so it was a no-brainer to get that car. I'm really surprised it took only 3 days, even though it was on the lot, expected maybe a week due to paperwork, etc.

All the colors are nice. Can't really go wrong w/ any combo!
Appreciate 0