New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #1
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Fascia board replacement

I've spent the last 3 weekends scraping, brushing, puttying, and painting all the fascia boards on my house. Some still need replacement due to dry rot and/or termites.

I looked at just plain pine 2x6 and they run about $1/linear foot. The brown pressure treated stuff is just under $1/foot. Then I was taking a look at some of the manufactured wood decking stuff, but don't have a price for those.

Can I use something like Trex for fascia? Can I then have gutters extruded onto there?

If I go with PT, I can still paint it to match the rest of the eaves?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #2
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Pine. The wood of poor people and outhouses... yes you can use Trex. The Trex composite boards are great. No more dry rot! Last 20+ years as well. Go plastic or composite for longevity and durability. Choose a good match to avoid having to paint but some of them can be painted. Yes you can drill them and extrude gutters - go for the strong boards for that part.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 12:11 AM   #3
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

you shouldn't have any issues using Trex but i would look into if they need to be primed for the paint to stick. aren't those usually already pre-colored?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 12:13 PM   #4
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

If I don't have to paint, all the better!

If I go Pressure treated (what is now brown instead of green) that works too because the gallon of paint I have is "Dry Brown"
Appreciate 0