New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-07-2017, 08:13 PM   #1
Vetracr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW Z4 3.0

Langka chip repair system

I have been trying for several days to fix a chip on the hood of my Z4. I bought the Langka chip repair system and have tried fixing the chip half a dozen times. No matter how carefully I follow the procedure the fix does not work. When I apply the blob remover it does not produce a surface level with the hood. Its slightly depressed and the finish of the paint in the chip repair is dull. Has any one else used this chip repair system and obtained good results? If so, what's the trick?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 08:55 AM   #2
paris1
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 35i Space Grey over Coral

If I were you, I'd ask this question on Langda.com's web site. They seem to be prepared to deal with customer support inquiries.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 01:28 PM   #3
ddcha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 E89

I've used both Langka and Dr. Colorchip. Dr. Colorchip has been the better option for me, although larger chips are always tougher to level out.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
cdmulders
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Garage List
I've used the Langka system often over the past 8 years. I use the BMW touch-up paint that has both the base colour and the clear coat in separate containers. With the base colour, I too find it is very hard to get a flush finish, and the result is a little dull. I use the clear coat for the second application, and go very lightly with the blob remover, after letting the clear coat set for at least 4 hours. It seems to work well and the repair is almost perfect. I've found that the best way to get a flush repair is to let the touch-up paint set for several hours, and then go slowly with the blob remover.

I've also used Dr. Colorchip too (on a previous car) and it does work well for the smaller paint chips on the front bumper, but it does not work well for large chips as it generally does not provide a flush repair. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 09:14 PM   #5
Vetracr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmulders View Post
I've used the Langka system often over the past 8 years. I use the BMW touch-up paint that has both the base colour and the clear coat in separate containers. With the base colour, I too find it is very hard to get a flush finish, and the result is a little dull. I use the clear coat for the second application, and go very lightly with the blob remover, after letting the clear coat set for at least 4 hours. It seems to work well and the repair is almost perfect. I've found that the best way to get a flush repair is to let the touch-up paint set for several hours, and then go slowly with the blob remover.

I've also used Dr. Colorchip too (on a previous car) and it does work well for the smaller paint chips on the front bumper, but it does not work well for large chips as it generally does not provide a flush repair. Cheers.
I used the Langka system. I tried following instructions with kit. Never got a good result. There was a depression in chip fill and the paint was dull. I went to Langka website and tried the second method recommended and it worked much better. Basically you level the paint in the chip with the plastic card while paint is wet.
Appreciate 0