New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

11-26-2009, 10:00 PM   #45
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Well, now that my SOS is fixed... I'm not getting any messages to my car period. Whereas before when the SOS did work, I would get messages. Does anyone know if perhaps my dealership needs to register some numbers from the new TCU with BMW Assist in order for Myinfo and other things that use messages and the such to work? At any rate, I'm going to take my car in tomorrow morning and tell them to do something like that. Seems odd the SOS button now works (and transmits data), but I don't get any messages.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2009, 08:04 AM   #46
JeF4y
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 X1 35i M-sport

That doesn't seem all that odd. Chances are the new ESN just needs to be registered for myinfo to work. You should be able to do this by calling BMW assist in your car via the SOS button.

Prev: 09 Z4 35i Black w/white napa leather & every option possible =)
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #47
evanirene
GTR
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E89 Z4

they are even worse in Canada....they dont support anyting in Canada
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #48
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

They claimed I'd have to take it to the dealer (AGAIN!) to have some "like that" done. Do you happen to know if there is a way I can get iDrive to display the TCU's ESN so I can confirm it with BMW Assist myself? That would be pretty amazing!

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeF4y View Post
That doesn't seem all that odd. Chances are the new ESN just needs to be registered for myinfo to work. You should be able to do this by calling BMW assist in your car via the SOS button.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #49
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Damn I'm getting angry cause your mad..I know how it feels for something not to work...and then you get the run around it's that sick dry feeling like ya chocking..well I'm glad they got ya car back to ya..this is what I propose..open the top put on the ray bans and just open that thing up and then you say..frack I aint buy it for no stinking program..I bought it to drive f%^K out of it..Remember if you don't drive it like you stole it..don't drive it..I got a Z4 last year..not like your took her up north today and got on the express way..and I just smiled cause I was the man.....
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #50
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

Well guys, I got to say "I told you so" to the dealership's service department today! After going back to the damn place three separate times, they finally got my BMW Assist/Myinfo all squared away. From day one I told them the TCU was the problem and they insisted on just upgrading the firmware (didn't do anything). The next visit they finally replaced the TCU which of course fixed my SOS, but it left me unable to receive messages. I called them up and told them they need to update the TCU's numbers (the numbers that identify my car on the cellular network.. IMEI) with BMW Assist. They told me they did that and that its got to be something else. I guess the SA finally decided to listen to me before doing anything else today and despite claiming they had updated the numbers they decided to "check" with BMW Assist just for "the hell of it." Guess what? The numbers were never updated! They updated the numbers and boom.... I got messages. I love being right, but I hate my dealer's service department for making me go back three times when this could have all been fixed in about 6hrs and one visit!!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 10:40 AM   #51
JeF4y
Second Lieutenant
Rep

It's just kinda frustrating when you have to troubleshoot a problem for the dealer. Especially on a BMW...

Glad you've got everything working now.

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #52
JeF4y
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
this is what I propose..open the top put on the ray bans and just open that thing up and then you say..frack I aint buy it for no stinking program..I bought it to drive f%^K out of it..
31 degrees Fahrenheit out right now.. No top down for me... That's why I was so frustrated back when there were some unusually beautiful days.

But all is good now. Even with the top up!

Appreciate 0