New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

11-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #23
Oh Captain My Captain
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Porsche Cayenne S

This thread is great!

In the summer I knew I was getting a fat bonus so I started dreaming of buying a 911 Targa 4S. My wife nixed that idea as she was convinced that every Porsche owner was destined to have an affair. I never even got to sit in one

Turned to BMW and really liked the X6 for its unique look. I was given one for the weekend and enjoyed the heck out of it . Problem was that we already have an MDX and having two big vehicles was not optimal given the two car garage with limited space.

So then I turned to the 335Xi coupe. Wonderful engine and performance but a little too common and bland looking for my taste. Enter the M3 ! Test drove it and loved it. Thought I had found my car until my wife raised concerns over my potentially killing myself driving this racing car. She knows me so well Also, she was not comfortable driving it

Had long debates () with my wife and finally, because we were just getting fatigued over the issue, I ordered a 2010 X6 50i. I knew she wasn't thrilled with the idea, but if I was happy, she wouldn't make me feel bad. The X6 was about two weeks from production.

I went to a local dealer on a Sunday to quench my thirst and take in the X6 (As I am sure everyone on this thread has done for their respective vehicle while waiting impatiently) That was when I noticed the Z4 for the first time. It was love at first sight I test drove a 35i a couple of times. Informed my dealer to cancel the order for the X6 and change it to the Z4. I haven't looked at another car since.

My wife agreed to keep 3 cars around provided she gets the car of her choice next year. There is peace and tranquility in the household It only took 4 months.

In summary:
Porsche Targa 4S
X6 50i
335Xi coupe
M3
X6 50i (ordered then canceled)
Z4 (Will keep the MB C-class 4-Matic for winter)
      11-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #24
Tenorino
Rep
Drives: Fred Flintstone Sedan

I was looking to lease the new Nissan 370Z Roadster which is more of a sports car than the BMW but I just could not find a good deal. Not to mention most of the Nissan dealers I contacted had low sales intelligence. It became an easy decision to get the BMW as I landed a great lease on a fully loaded 35i.

Of course, the Boxster is still the benchmark of all roadsters and if I didn't need to save money, would be the car I'd be driving now.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2009, 02:51 AM   #25
tiborakos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4

Started off looking at Audi S3 5d DSG -luckily enough they told me i had to wait for 3-4 months...
Then Audi TT-S Roadster DSG -there was only one color available at the time...and i had to take it with a pre-set configuration...was hesitant..
At the time, i was not aware that the new Z4 was out...Went to see the Cayman, not bad, but seemed like the "stealer" was not interested to sell...

Accidentally passed by a BMW "stealer" and there it was...love at first sight, hahaha....the new Z4! I did not wanted to buy a convertible, but that was also a coupe...i did not wanted to buy a Merc SLK, those are not drivers' cars...dared to ask the stealer...may i custom order one of those? how long will it take to deliver??? To my surprise he said i could custom order with all the extras i wanted & delivery would be set for 1-1.5 month away...could not believe my ears...and above all...that car is really sexy!!!

So Z4 it was...i would have regretted it 1,000 times if it was not...and even now that i owe one, i find my self quite thrilled when my eyes browse accidentally on a Z4 in the street...even in the underground parking i use, where there is one with the same color as mine, every time i pass by i think..."what a beauty"...as if i am not already driving her!!!
Appreciate 0