New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #45
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
1. Chris Harris
2. MT - C.Lago only
3. Top Gear USA....I am seek and tired of those old brit farts, I will agree Rutledge and Ferrara are special, but I do like tanner the most.

Top Gear USA over the original Top Gear UK? Sacilege! Clarkson, Hammond, and May are the reason Top Gear is great and why there are regional spin-offs.
      10-31-2013, 09:39 PM   #46
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
Top Gear USA over the original Top Gear UK? Sacilege! Clarkson, Hammond, and May are the reason Top Gear is great and why there are regional spin-offs.
+1 Top Gear USA is unwatchable imo.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 09:57 PM   #47
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx View Post
glad to see some people here bumping Chris Harris on DRIVE... i think he's the best out there right now.

Top Gear is still great but Chris Harris smashes Top Gear. Everyone else out there is trying to be like Top Gear except Chris Harris.

Best way to compare is with the coverage of the Singer 911. Top Gear splashes it into their TV format and does reasonably well to peak your interest but Chris Harris basically makes it so that there is no longer any point in anyone else ever covering the car again... he did it all.

cant find a top gear Singer video to embed.

And then this little art piece on Pagani??? Christ... i put my kids to sleep with this on repeat.

The rest of the guys on the DRIVE channel are about par with the rest of the people out there doing these things.
Chris Harris is auditioning for Top Gear. Everything he does is based on what those guys have done. He's style over substance.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #48
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

i don't see how you could say Chris Harris is more style than substance in the same sentence that you say top gear... top gear is ONLY style... just exceptionally well executed.

regular people probably don't need or want to know any more about a car after Top Gear.. if you do, go with Chris Harris.
      10-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #49
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx View Post
i don't see how you could say Chris Harris is more style than substance in the same sentence that you say top gear... top gear is ONLY style... just exceptionally well executed.

regular people probably don't need or want to know any more about a car after Top Gear.. if you do, go with Chris Harris.
Come to think of it, you're right. "Come on monkey!" Is all substance, and he can drift! Plus his little hissyfit on Ferrari, which proves he's a "serious journalist." Guess they wouldn't give him a free car, like Porsche does. But then, maybe only "regular people" don't have man love for him, like you and the irregular people do.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #50
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

i see that you've over reacted and taken things personally

you win this round.