New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

12-27-2015, 07:36 AM   #1
Jetmart
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z435is

New To Me Z4

Just purchased a 2011 35is. Love the car so far however there are 2 things I cannot figure out. I have been through the owners manual several times.

1) Playing music off the hard drive - I can get it to play random songs with "random" selected. I can also manually select songs to play one at a time. My problem is I cannot get the songs to play automatically in order of storage. If I do nothing the same song just repeats itself.

2) I have the comfort access and I cannot get the doors to lock automatically even though I have the option selected to "lock when doors are closed".

Any ideas?
      12-30-2015, 04:45 PM   #2
jason86
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI (AW)

Not sure about the hard drive music player, due to I stream music by bluetooth and select songs and order on my phone instead.

For the comfort access, you could only press the button on your key fob to lock the door or touch/cover those stuck out strips panel by your fingertips when you carrying your key fob in your pocket or close by, the panel which located below your door lock key hole. You set the option as (lock when doors are closed) in your idrive it's only for you when sitting inside the car and the door will get locked by itself when doors are closed.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 05:17 PM   #3
Jetmart
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z435is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason86 View Post
Not sure about the hard drive music player, due to I stream music by bluetooth and select songs and order on my phone instead.

For the comfort access, you could only press the button on your key fob to lock the door or touch/cover those stuck out strips panel by your fingertips when you carrying your key fob in your pocket or close by, the panel which located below your door lock key hole. You set the option as (lock when doors are closed) in your idrive it's only for you when sitting inside the car and the door will get locked by itself when doors are closed.
I am aware of how this functions work but the owner manual implies that you can just walk away from the car that after a short period of time it will lock itself. I would think this is a great safety feature if you ever walk away from the car and forget to lock it.
      12-31-2015, 07:32 AM   #4
Mick70
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35i (before: 23i)

Unfortunately, the feature you would lilke to have is not available.

But if you unlock the doors inadvertendly with your key fob, e.g. with the key fob in your pocket, the doors will lock again after one minute or so.
Appreciate 0