New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-06-2016, 12:10 AM   #23
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
The X3 platform is very old and its LCI did not solve issues such as ungainly design
The x3 F25 platform is younger than the audi q5 platform. (2010 vs 2008) and the LCI is also younger than the q5 facelift.
I dont know whats superior in detail in the q5 as these cars dont really grasp my interest, but the sales numbers say audi is doing something right
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 08:21 AM   #24
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
i dont know where you guys getting those numbers but in the US the x3 is very popular.
I had E83, and 2 F25 back to back. I got bored seeing them on the road too much I moved to X4.

But I do see myself behind the Alfa Romeo SUV if the sticker price is right
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 11:02 AM   #25
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
i dont know where you guys getting those numbers but in the US the x3 is very popular.
left-lane or goodcarbadcar. Both have similar stats of virtually all brands.
I took 2015 numbers as that is the last year with annual totals.
For 2016 q5 sales are dropping a bit (still more than x3) and that is probably because audi already announced its new q5 (debut on paris motorshow). At least thats my guess, sales always drop drastically in the year before the new model.

However popular the x3 is in the US, it seems that it is outsold considerably by the q5 if you look at numbers from say.. the last 3 years.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0