New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

10-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #265
Amylovebus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0 Alpine White

Thanks Nick!

Not soon enough, I can tell ya that!! LOL. I just called the 800# and my baby Bimmer has arrived at the port! Hopefully she'll get loaded soon and be on her merry way to her new home!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #266
Amylovebus
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigglebox View Post
I can absolutely see how seeing the old one on the lot would be a bummer. Had a similar experience after I traded in my grey one for the red... went back to the dealer for something a week or so later and there it was just sitting there. Made me feel as though I had abandoned an old friend.

We're up in the Washington D.C. area, so it's going to be a bit of a drive, but we REALLY needed to get away for a little bit since our last few trips had to be put on hold.
That will be fun, I'm sure!!

We went to DC on vaca in May and loved it! We did and saw as much as we could. The monuments were grander that I imagined. It was a great trip!
      10-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #267
nickm9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 35i - Alpine White

I just did a 2000 mile trip to Denmark and back. Just me and the car. Went on the train under the Channel to France, on the autobahns at 150mph and then the ferry to Denmark...loved every minute of it!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #268
Crazykoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Mineral White

Garage List
2018 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amylovebus
Thanks Nick!

Not soon enough, I can tell ya that!! LOL. I just called the 800# and my baby Bimmer has arrived at the port! Hopefully she'll get loaded soon and be on her merry way to her new home!
I hope so too. The customs portion of the process is pretty variable from my understanding though. Once you are through that it shouldn't be long. Only a day or two on the truck for mine.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #269
Amylovebus
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickm9 View Post
I just did a 2000 mile trip to Denmark and back. Just me and the car. Went on the train under the Channel to France, on the autobahns at 150mph and then the ferry to Denmark...loved every minute of it!!!
Wow, nice! I'll bet that was an amazing trip! Good for you!
      10-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #270
nickm9
Private First Class
Rep

It was great, but that part of Europe is as flat as a pancake, so not very interesting. I'd like to think I win the award for long distance driving in one day!! 6 tanks of gas came close to $900, so not cheap!!!

It takes a lot of concentration to drive at 150 in Germany for long periods, also when someone pulls out into your lane, it's more scary having to brake at that speed!!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #271
Amylovebus
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickm9
It was great, but that part of Europe is as flat as a pancake, so not very interesting. I'd like to think I win the award for long distance driving in one day!! 6 tanks of gas came close to $900, so not cheap!!!

It takes a lot of concentration to drive at 150 in Germany for long periods, also when someone pulls out into your lane, it's more scary having to brake at that speed!!
Ohhh myyyy gosh!! That's a long way and a lot of gas!

Good news!!! The Baby Bimmer has shipped and is somewhere in the middle of the English Channel!!!! [I'm sooo excited- I know it doesn't show... =}]. Est delivery to the US port in Georgia is 11/7. Sure hoping to have her by Thanksgiving; I have a long weekend then and will be able to cruise around and enjoy it! If not, no worries... I've saved some vacation days to take off! Haaa
      10-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #272
nickm9
Private First Class
Rep

Lucky you, not too long to go. I'll start blowing into the breeze to make the container ship go quicker!!!! The English Channel is only 100 miles from London!!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #273
SgtGigglebox
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Atacama 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amylovebus View Post

Good news!!! The Baby Bimmer has shipped and is somewhere in the middle of the English Channel!!!!
Mine may have beaten yours out of the factory, but it hasn't even found its way onto a boat yet... I suspect that some European longshoremen are having their way with it
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #274
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
[I'm sooo excited- I know it doesn't show... =}].
Congrats! Ordering is a great experience but waiting is tough. Are you doing a performance center delivery?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #275
Amylovebus
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickm9
Lucky you, not too long to go. I'll start blowing into the breeze to make the container ship go quicker!!!! The English Channel is only 100 miles from London!!
Lol. That would be much appreciated!

10-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #276
Amylovebus
Private
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=Gigglebox]
Quote:

Good news!!! The Baby Bimmer has shipped and is somewhere in the middle of the English Channel!!!!
      10-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #277
Amylovebus
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigglebox
Quote:

Mine may have beaten yours out of the factory, but it hasn't even found its way onto a boat yet... I suspect that some European longshoremen are having their way with it

Lol; that's hilarious, but I hope not!

Yeah, idk whats up with that. The website tonight finally shows 'En route to US'! My CA says it should be at the dealership on 11/16. I was tracking the ship earlier and it showed to have been to two ports already and was headed for Baltimore, Maryland.

Mine sat in port for about a week before it got a ship. You never know though, you could still get yours before me!
      10-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #278
Amylovebus
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz
Quote:
[I'm sooo excited- I know it doesn't show... =}].
Congrats! Ordering is a great experience but waiting is tough. Are you doing a performance center delivery?

Yes, the waiting is killing me; especially since they sold my 05 last weekend. I don't even have one to go look at now.
No, not doing performance delivery. Actually, we didn't know about ED or PCD or we might have done the PCD.
      10-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #279
BuckarooVT90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Z4 sDrive35i DCT

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [8.00]
new owner here... we traded in my 2011 Space Grey 135i Cabrio for our 2013 Z4 sDrive35i Deep Sea Blue with Beige interior.

Msport
Cold Weather
Navigation
DCT
Sat Radio

I wasn't sure if we would be able to get want we wanted so quickly since our dealer didn't have any new Z's in stock. We test drove a 2010 which was nice but didn't have the Msport package... which I had on my 1er and I would definitely miss the nice fat steering wheel...

So they did a search and found this exact car already at the processing center in NJ. They were somehow able to get it for us away from who ever had ordered it originally and it arrived at our dealer less than a week later for us to take delivery. With only 8 miles on the ODO, we were really pleased.

I'm glad the Wind blocker is already included and I don't have to buy one separately, the only option(s) I probably would have added if we had to order one would be the BMW apps.... (is it retrofittable?) and the premium radio (ugg the standard audio low end leaves much to be desired).

I had installed a smart top module in my 1er and already have one on order from EAS for our Z4... its a shame they don't come with the one touch features already.

I'm looking forward to the cool drives in the morning with the top down and spirited drives down the Blue Ridge Parkway. Before my 1er Cabrio I was a happy owner of a 2006 MX5 'Miata' that I had lowered with sport springs and enjoyed zooming around town. The 1er was fast with the N55 and DCT, but just didn't handle nearly as well as my Miata. Now this roadster is a dream to drive and is so much more flat and stable, I know we'll get years of enjoyment from it.

Now I just have to setup a driving schedule with my wife as we've already had a few arguments of who gets to drive it the next day to work...

We were very close to buying an Infiniti IPL Cabrio, but in the end the IPL was almost identical to our previous 2010 G37 Anniversary Edition Cabrio (RIP - we lost it in a car accident - rear ended by an inattentive driver @ 45mph) except for the IPL improvements we went with something completely different from our past purchases and the Z4 fit the bill perfectly!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #280
BMWE934me
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335i E93 Alpine White

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckarooVT90 View Post
new owner here... we traded in my 2011 Space Grey 135i Cabrio for our 2013 Z4 sDrive35i Deep Sea Blue with Beige interior.

Msport
Cold Weather
Navigation
DCT
Sat Radio

I wasn't sure if we would be able to get want we wanted so quickly since our dealer didn't have any new Z's in stock. We test drove a 2010 which was nice but didn't have the Msport package... which I had on my 1er and I would definitely miss the nice fat steering wheel...

So they did a search and found this exact car already at the processing center in NJ. They were somehow able to get it for us away from who ever had ordered it originally and it arrived at our dealer less than a week later for us to take delivery. With only 8 miles on the ODO, we were really pleased.

I'm glad the Wind blocker is already included and I don't have to buy one separately, the only option(s) I probably would have added if we had to order one would be the BMW apps.... (is it retrofittable?) and the premium radio (ugg the standard audio low end leaves much to be desired).

I had installed a smart top module in my 1er and already have one on order from EAS for our Z4... its a shame they don't come with the one touch features already.

I'm looking forward to the cool drives in the morning with the top down and spirited drives down the Blue Ridge Parkway. Before my 1er Cabrio I was a happy owner of a 2006 MX5 'Miata' that I had lowered with sport springs and enjoyed zooming around town. The 1er was fast with the N55 and DCT, but just didn't handle nearly as well as my Miata. Now this roadster is a dream to drive and is so much more flat and stable, I know we'll get years of enjoyment from it.

Now I just have to setup a driving schedule with my wife as we've already had a few arguments of who gets to drive it the next day to work...

We were very close to buying an Infiniti IPL Cabrio, but in the end the IPL was almost identical to our previous 2010 G37 Anniversary Edition Cabrio (RIP - we lost it in a car accident - rear ended by an inattentive driver @ 45mph) except for the IPL improvements we went with something completely different from our past purchases and the Z4 fit the bill perfectly!
Nice write up. You made a great choice. Show us some pics!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 05:22 AM   #281
BuckarooVT90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Z4 sDrive35i DCT

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ44me View Post
Nice write up. You made a great choice. Show us some pics!
Thanks! The weather has been crappy here with the onslaught of Frankenstorm... so when the sun finally comes out and I've got the Z all cleaned up I'll be sure to go on a photo shoot out on the Parkway and share with everyone here.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #282
Rafabond
Spain
Rep
Drives: Bmw z4 sdrive 23i

My car
BMW Z4 sdrive 23i pack M Sports , 2011

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #283
bmwmick
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 Z3,'11 Z4 35i,'90 C4 Vette

[QUOTE=Amylovebus;12900317]Amy,
If you find out what ship it's on, you can get live photos of it as it makes it's way west. We have ours in two ports in europe and both ends of the panama canal. Pretty good birth record. My wife made a whole folder of pictures.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #284
BMWE934me
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335i E93 Alpine White

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafabond View Post
My car
BMW Z4 sdrive 23i pack M Sports , 2011
Nice looking Z. Those wheels go very well with the black color.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #285
Amylovebus
Private
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=bmwmick]
Quote:
Amy,
If you find out what ship it's on, you can get live photos of it as it makes it's way west. We have ours in two ports in europe and both ends of the panama canal. Pretty good birth record. My wife made a whole folder of pictures.
Really? How cool is that!

Where do you go to see the live images? At last check, my ship is around Nova Scotia or just beyond.... (due in Baltimore on the 4th).
      11-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #286
Amylovebus
Private
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=bmwmick]
Quote:
Amy,
Really? How cool is that!

Where do you go to see the live images? At last check, my ship is around Nova Scotia or just beyond.... (due in Baltimore on the 4th).