New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

12-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #111
FloridaBoy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.oi

2008 BMW Z4 pictures, BMW Z4 pics at Edmunds... (?)
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/bmw/...96/photos.html

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 12:51 PM   #112
soeharyo
lettuce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
If they build it, its going to be the ugliest bmw ever made.
were they saying similar stuff in 2002 when Bangle started to revamp bmw design?

Is Chris Bangle still in charge? or is it Adrain van Hooydonk now?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 11:05 PM   #113
TopDown
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 540i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoomers View Post
...Unfortunately, the prototype had the idrive in it...
If you have any questions let me know. I might be able to remember more if you asked some questions.
Good post zoomzoomers!

I do have one question - can someone can explain what is "unfortunate" about iDrive?

The wife's e92 has iDrive and she and I both agree there's nothing like it. Biggest testimonial was from our neighbors - they drove with us to Vegas (600 mile round-trip) and they were amazed watching from the back seat as I went seamlessly from Nav to iPod to Phone to traffic, etc. All with minimal hand movements. My neighbors eventually confessed that their Lexus SC430 Nav/Entertainment/Phone systems can't compare to the integration and simplicity of iDrive.

The wife took to iDrive like a kid takes to a video game. When I told her all about the anti-iDrive sentiment, she looked at me like I was nuts! I only wish my Z4MR had iDrive. Looking forward to the next Z-car now that it looks like it will have it!

Mine
G30 540i M Sport
Hers F36 440i Gran Coupe
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 11:09 PM   #114
MTHEORY
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 996 Porsche GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDown View Post
Good post zoomzoomers!

I do have one question - can someone can explain what is "unfortunate" about iDrive?

The wife's e92 has iDrive and she and I both agree there's nothing like it. Biggest testimonial was from our neighbors - they drove with us to Vegas (600 mile round-trip) and they were amazed watching from the back seat as I went seamlessly from Nav to iPod to Phone to traffic, etc. All with minimal hand movements. My neighbors eventually confessed that their Lexus SC430 Nav/Entertainment/Phone systems can't compare to the integration and simplicity of iDrive.

The wife took to iDrive like a kid takes to a video game. When I told her all about the anti-iDrive sentiment, she looked at me like I was nuts! I only wish my Z4MR had iDrive. Looking forward to the next Z-car now that it looks like it will have it!
Couldn't have said it better! In my 750Li, I'm on that iDrive nob like a baby on his mother's . . . . well, lets just say I love it.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #115
rabman5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDown View Post
Good post zoomzoomers!

I agree.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #116
zoomzoomers
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si 6MT

I conceed the idrive isn't as bad as the rep it get's... right up to the point you get into and Audi and try their MMI. Yep, Bimmer can do it a looooot better. Audi can show them how.

Bruce Lee
Appreciate 0