New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

05-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
vbb
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 manual

Any former S2000 owners out there? Thinking of coming back to BMW.

I've owned a lot of cars, and two of my favorites have been the S2000 and the 335i. In fact, when I needed more utility, I sold my first S2K and got the 335i. I started to miss the S2000 though, so after my 335i lease was up I decided to get another S2K, and then get a Acura TSX to daily drive. I've had this combination for a few years.

The problem is my S2K is rarely driven. It's turbocharged and fairly well modified overall, but with the turbo, drop, clutch, and 6 speed, I don't like to drive it to and from work or other mundane trips. I'll take it out for a nice drive pretty much every weekend, but I've still only put 3000 miles on it over the past 14 months total. It's being wasted.

So, the Z4 sDrive35i has the same engine my 335i had, plus it has the top down roadster appeal of my S2K. I think with the climate control, bluetooth, heated seats, etc it would also be a lot more tolerable on a daily basis than my S2K is. In fact, if I got one, my plan would be to daily drive it, then maybe pick up a used pickup truck to have something with some utility and 4 doors when I need it. I'm not sure if having the Z4 will make me not miss the S2000 though.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
stickshifter69
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

My opinion is stick with the S2k since you bought it a second time. Another is to start driving it daily to enjoy what you invested in it. Why sell a car that was hardly driven for someone else to enjoy and and get a better price for it. You modded it, so drive it the way it is before you hand it off to some else that will.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
ShaunP
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 AW/CR

I was in a pretty similar situation. I own a heavily modded 350z and had an s2k as a daily driver. It wasn't too practical to have two 2-seater sports cars, so I traded the s2k on a new a4 a few years ago; I've missed the car ever since then and desperately wanted to get back into a roadster.

My fiancée recently wanted to move from her Mini Cooper into a small suv, so I bought her an X3 and took the opportunity to order a z4 for myself . It should be here in a few weeks! With the winters in the NE, the hard top will be nice for the winter months and I won't be afraid to park it outside ( no garage )
Appreciate 0