New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

Closed Thread

06-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #23
siscobmw
freude am fahren ....scheiden freude...
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive30i tiefseeblau

Quote:
Originally Posted by army_men View Post
as he takes down my tires he comments about the suspension being the same from the base 3 series he looked at, and the basic "cheap as he called it" brakes. Went on about i should sell the car after warrantee cuz it won't hold value, gonna be cheaper than a japanese counterpart after 60 70k miles etc. talked about how the suspension is too stiff and will get damaged in Toronto driving. When i mentioned i drove it last winter without winter set and planning to get a good set of winter this year, he almost looked at me as if i'm crazy, and told me this car is out right impossible in the winter even with winter tires. finally he concluded that the car is a expensive girl car with okay performance.

I didn't bother trying to convince him, but i can't help wondering, Why all the Z4 hate???
mechanics, tyres shops ......
In Italy we say:
" who knows , does. Who doesnt know , teaches....."

they think it's impossible just cause they are not able to do it.
years ago I didn't use winter tyres and I am still alive...also with my old BMWs and crap tyres on them....

don't bother too much with people like that....
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #24
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i

I would have laughed in his face, then told the ass%^le to take his wrench go f$%k himself with it and to take my car off the lift right NOW!!!!
..said good day sir, and driven away.

If I was in a particularly jaunty mood I would have asked him sarcastically how the income from being a mechanic was working out for him, and if HE was going to be able to afford a $60k car any time soon. Of course that would be the last words I yelled out the car window as I drove away.

Sometimes I enjoy rubbing salt in the wounds of assH%%^s like this that just flat out deserve it.

Last edited by 35iDriver; 06-07-2012 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #25
2BIM
Rep
Drives: Z4 and 328 Touring

I just hope he knew how much torque to put on your lugs. Sounds like car envy to me.

I have an E91 too, thats not the same suspension. Might share a part or two. So what.

E89 - 2009 Z4 3.0Si Roadster - Crimson Red/Sport Automatic - Euro AntiBlindSpot Mirrors (für die Frau)
E91 - 2011 328i XDrive-Touring - Saphire Black/ZCV/ZPP/ZVP - OEM Performance Exhaust and Intake - OEM Euro AntiBlindSpot Mirrors (meine)
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #26
E36ic4Me
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 & M3 Convertible

Best thing to say to this guy:

"Hmmm, I see. And what do YOU drive?"
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #27
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
i guess its like the Beats headphones. lots of people hate it because its not "worth the money" but people buy them. guess the phrase "haters keep hating" applies here
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread