New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

02-24-2018, 05:07 PM   #287
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rep
Drives: f30 328

Garage List
2014 f30 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
AND....the NHL just blocked the trade. Looks like Pens are working with VGK to get this deal completed.

Our offense would be waaayyy stacked. With that, we just found two yutz in our system that are playing like Rust, Sheary, and Gentzel did over the past couple cup runs. This goes through, scoring should not be an issue.
Idk how you guys have any draft picks ever
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 05:35 PM   #288
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vooonoo View Post
Stated 100% by the GM (not verbatim) 'Our time to win is now, we're not worried about the future, we're planning for the moment putting the best possible team we can to win.'

Sounds like once crosby and malkin are done...we're gonna suck for a while.

Needless - can't disagree with him. I don't believe there are any teams in a better position to win this year (doesn't mean we will). Get the cup while you can.
      02-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #289
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rep

Garage List
2014 f30 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Stated 100% by the GM (not verbatim) 'Our time to win is now, we're not worried about the future, we're planning for the moment putting the best possible team we can to win.'

Needless - can't disagree with him. I don't believe there are any teams in a better position to win this year (doesn't mean we will). Get the cup while you can.
Quote:
Quote:

Makes sense, The only team out of the east that I feel has a shot is the lightning. And one of us has to beat the caps in the second round this year
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 06:48 PM   #290
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Makes sense, The only team out of the east that I feel has a shot is the lightning. And one of us has to beat the caps in the second round this year
If the playoffs started today, I would pick the Lightning to win it all.
      02-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #291
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
If the playoffs started today, I would pick the Lightning to win it all.
As long as its not the Vegas Golden Knights or the Penguins. I'd mention our rivals but lol...do i really need to?
Appreciate 1
UncleWede17872.50
      02-24-2018, 08:11 PM   #292
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
As long as its not the Vegas Golden Knights or the Penguins. I'd mention our rivals but lol...do i really need to?
Go ahead, do it...just say it. I'm waiting.
      02-24-2018, 08:43 PM   #293
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rep

Garage List
2014 f30 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
I wouldn't mind Vegas, I'd think that'd be hilarious
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 01:53 PM   #294
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Sharks get Kane - well now, there's no cancer in the locker room with that stud. What a horrible pickup. Sharks will be out first round...that's if the cancer spreads slow enough to keep them in the playoff hunt.

Sorry jgoens - maybe next year.

Lots of teams loading up...my quick thoughts so far:

Nash will be poison to Boston...guy has never performed. No such thing as 'veteran presence' when the old guy you bring in have never even been to the cup finals (AKA, Iginla)
CBJ is bolstering, taking the Pens Ian Cole, Letestu, and now Vanek. Are these guys really going to help them?
Like the Kings moves early...If they can get Carter back, would be a good team to get in the playoffs and maybe make a run
Seem like the Blues keep slipping - now they're moving players out?
Don't like what PIT did - we pulled a center we don't need at the cost of a defense. If we don't pick up McDonaugh...we're dead this season.
NJD pickup of Grabner should help. Nice speed, and he will help their PK (yes, PK)
Former Pens team (AKA VGK) may sit tight. Probably the best move of all the teams...

Much more to go today.

Last edited by ShopVac; 02-26-2018 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 02:46 PM   #295
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Tampa is all in with not only picking up McDonagh, but they also get JT Miller in the trade. They're all in...that's for sure.
      02-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #296
Ralph335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335xi M-Sport

Tampa with the splash! If anyone can take down the Pens, it's the Bolts.

NJD got Pat Maroon too. They are getting a little scary.

Flyers basically did nothing. Which I'm happy about in the long run, they are a first round exit with or without a rental player. Didn't want to see Sanheim or Morin sent out to get locker room cancer Kane.
      02-26-2018, 05:53 PM   #297
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sharks get Kane - well now, there's no cancer in the locker room with that stud. What a horrible pickup. Sharks will be out first round...that's if the cancer spreads slow enough to keep them in the playoff hunt.

Lots of teams loading up...my quick thoughts so far:

Nash will be poison to Boston...guy has never performed. No such thing as 'veteran presence' when the old guy you bring in have never even been to the cup finals (AKA, Iginla)
CBJ is bolstering, taking the Pens Ian Cole, Letestu, and now Vanek. Are these guys really going to help them?
Like the Kings moves early...If they can get Carter back, would be a good team to get in the playoffs and maybe make a run
Seem like the Blues keep slipping - now they're moving players out?
Don't like what PIT did - we pulled a center we don't need at the cost of a defense. If we don't pick up McDonaugh...we're dead this season.
NJD pickup of Grabner should help. Nice speed, and he will help their PK (yes, PK)
Former Pens team (AKA VGK) may sit tight. Probably the best move of all the teams...

Much more to go today.
I'll just be happy if the Kings get into the playoffs. After losing the last game at home to the Oilers, ain't looking good.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 06:37 PM   #298
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
. And one of us has to beat the caps in the second round this year
Yea, that's not going to be a problem. Caps blue line is shaky at best, and the head coach likes to bench his promising young talent in favor of 35 year olds with big contracts and piss poor stats. This of course is assuming the Caps even make it to the second round. LULZ.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 11:58 AM   #299
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I just wish we could win BEFORE OT starts once in a while. Had to tune out about 10 minutes left in 3rd but the Knights were beating the 'king guys up pretty bad all game long.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 12:15 PM   #300
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I just wish we could win BEFORE OT starts once in a while. Had to tune out about 10 minutes left in 3rd but the Knights were beating the 'king guys up pretty bad all game long.
crazy game right? hopefully this gives us some momentum; back at it tonite against them though.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 12:19 PM   #301
Ralph335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Yea, that's not going to be a problem. Caps blue line is shaky at best, and the head coach likes to bench his promising young talent in favor of 35 year olds with big contracts and piss poor stats. This of course is assuming the Caps even make it to the second round. LULZ.
That sounds familiar.....
      02-27-2018, 12:23 PM   #302
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
crazy game right? hopefully this gives us some momentum; back at it tonite against them though.
Carter is back, and scored in his "opener" Things might turn upwards!

There were a lot of times I saw the men in black just standing on the ice, while ALL the knights were always in motion, even if it was just falling to the ice over Quick
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 02:45 PM   #303
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph335 View Post
That sounds familiar.....
Yea, it's beyond frustrating. Case in point:

GM trades for two young-ish, decent defensemen. Team already has one rookie defenseman who is actually playing well. What does Trotz do? Healthy scratches Christian Djoos in favor of Brooks Orpik who is statistically one of the worst defenseman in the entire NHL.

Please, someone convince Capitals F.O. to dismiss Barry Trotz ASAP. They literally have 0.000000% chance of doing anything in the playoffs with him behind the bench.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 07:11 PM   #304
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh god yeah - Orpik was done before the Pens let him go. What a bad contract signing that was.

With what McPhee is doing with VGK, I'm starting to think your issue is Leonsis.
      02-28-2018, 07:51 AM   #305
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Oh god yeah - Orpik was done before the Pens let him go. What a bad contract signing that was.

With what McPhee is doing with VGK, I'm starting to think your issue is Leonsis.
He is loyal to a fault. Trotz and GM should have been gone after last year.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2018, 12:16 PM   #306
Ralph335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yea, it's beyond frustrating. Case in point:

GM trades for two young-ish, decent defensemen. Team already has one rookie defenseman who is actually playing well. What does Trotz do? Healthy scratches Christian Djoos in favor of Brooks Orpik who is statistically one of the worst defenseman in the entire NHL.

Please, someone convince Capitals F.O. to dismiss Barry Trotz ASAP[/B]. They literally have 0.000000% chance of doing anything in the playoffs with him behind the bench.
Ouch. Orpik is done. How can coaches be so dumb.
Sounds like Dave Hakstol and the hilariously dumb moves he's made as the Flyers coach. Brandon Manning in every game instead of 1st round talent Travis Sanheim....

Put up a billboard by the stadium like Islanders fans did to get rid of Garth Snow.

02-28-2018, 01:46 PM   #307
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:

L
Kane made a pretty good splash last night--I read all the stuff about him but as far as I can tell he might be a good pickup and being on a playoff team might be good for his attitude. You know, being on a winning team can keep the blaming at bay.

As for the Sharks being out first round...decent possibility...I'm just hoping we make it to extend the season as far as I can. Not thinking the Sharks can make it all the way, but you never know how match ups will play out and who will be healthy all around.

In this league, who you get in the playoffs is huge--sometimes I don't think the absolute best team wins the cup, they just got the right matchups and could progress easier.
      02-28-2018, 05:24 PM   #308
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
We'll see...it may come out when you lose a game or two. I was pretty animate about not getting him when the rumors started here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
In this league, who you get in the playoffs is huge--sometimes I don't think the absolute best team wins the cup, they just got the right matchups and could progress easier.
I don't believe it's who you get...I think it's if you get on a roll. There seems to be that team that just starts clicking the end of March and it rolls right through playoffs.

That, and a hot goalie.

Not ready to make predictions just yet...VGK will fall back to earth once all the teams pick up the pace. Nashville's looking really good. Winnipeg may be the dark horse.

Washington, Tampa, NJ and now Philly are all looking hot. Looks like all have built speed to combat the Pens.