New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

Closed Thread

12-11-2017, 09:33 AM   #1
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Open Letter to Moderators

Dear Moderators:

I'm an active, contributing, opinionated E90post forum member and BMWCCA member. Last week my reply was twice deleted from this thread:

Next Gen BMW M3 G80 prototype breaks cover!

After my post was deleted the first time, I re-posted my reply and wrote a public request for an explanation from the moderator explaining why the first post was deleted. Another forum member replied to me, speculating why he thought the moderator deleted the post, and then both our posts disappeared.

The content of my post was courteous, if not consistent with being a BMW fanboy.

A lack of transparency accompanied by heavy-handed moderation can only damage the long-term success of this website. I'm hopeful that this behavior is an isolated incident limited to a sole thin-skinned individual.

If the moderator feels it's necessary to delete a post, the courtesy of an explanation would help not just the OP, but others, too.
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #2
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Hi.

Some things to keep in mind:

1) Foremost - keep posts on topic. By far the most frequent action I do as a moderator is move or remove off topic posts. The topic of the thread was the G80 M3. Your posts was about the G20 3 Series. The two vehicles are related sure, but we have two distinct forums for a reason.

2) Post topics in the correct forum. There is a G20 forum here:

http://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=650

There is no G80 forum yet, so we use the general forum for now. An alternate possibility is to discuss the G80 in the G20 forum - please feel free to do that as well.

3) Time. Moderators don't have time to notify every member about every action taken.

4) One final suggestion. When you post a link, include a description of what content it points to. You maybe have clicked a link before thinking it might be something you would deem important, only to find its not really what you expected. Help others avoid that inconvenience by adding some text to posts in which you post a link. Just my personal advice for internet forum courtesy.

Thank you for your understanding. Enjoy the forum.
Appreciate 1
Jason40290.50
Closed Thread