New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #23
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

So I decided I did, in fact, need the interior bass adjustment knob and wired that up real quick this past weekend. The nice thing about the XD JL amps is that the remote control knob adjusts the overall volume of the sub independent of the rest of the system as opposed to adjusting the gain. I took some pics along the way. Forgive the pics as I was doing this at night in my garage, there's no where for me to put a shop light near the rear of the car due to the garage door, and so I had to use an LED work light back there.

Here are the pics of the JL amp. It's mounted above the SAT radio tuner. There was a bracket there, originally, that held nothing. It was removed and the amp mounted on a plate cleanly in its place.

Now for some pics of the stock amplifier and subsequent wiring using the plug and play harness with it's integrated low level RCA preouts. Worth every penny not to have to cut wires.

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #24
dblaron30i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Sapphire black Z4 30i

Looks good. Tight fit and it looks like they did a good job leaving you what they call a service loop on the loom going into the amp. That's good because if you ever have to replace a connector you don't have to splice or replace all the wire.
Appreciate 0