New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #23
SchweiZ4
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baremeg55 View Post
You are welcomed...

Damn guys, I STILL HAVE the Z, didn't expect everyone to take offense to a remark. I would understand had I stated I traded it in on a truck as my only ride. Lets see....

The Z4 is fun to drive, sporty, fast, I can put the top down almost daily, is fun, sporty, did I mention fast?

The F-150, 4 doors, more passengers, can haul stuff, a ton of features to make driving "pleasant". Sound system, I think it's better than the Zed, and I have premium sound in the Zed.

My only dilemma now.... I'm considering whether or not to keep the Z, or sell it. The only reason I would sell it would be to order a new Z4iS next year, with the options and colors I want, and do the European delivery..... Otherwise, the Z stays in the garage, keep the mileage down - somewhat, and use it a little more sparingly.
I was kidding, don't worry! I don't take things seriously or personal on forum.
I drive the Z on daily basis, even on snow and I love it!
But I can understand the comfort part (I don't have heated seats either), specially if roads are not perfect, the Z can be a pain in the a**.

Good luck with your Ferrari F150!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #24
Romer
BMW and Toyota Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z4 sDrive30i

Its nice have two different vehicles that are opposites. I DD my Z4 when the weather is great and then drive my Land Cruiser when its not. Sometimes in the summer I drive the Land Cruiser because I feel like it.

I really enjoy driving both, they are different. My get away vehicle is the Cruiser obviously because where I go to get away is deep in the mountains

Congrats on your new truck. Nothing like having a stable and being able to say to yourself "what will I drive today?"
      03-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #25
Mayhem
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35is

Best of both worlds, my daily driver is a 335i. It's like the same car, only smoother, and with more room. All of the familiar controls are pretty much in the same place with a similar dash layout. It's not that I would actually mind using the Z4 as a daily driver, but I don't for a couple of reasons. Mainly, I don't want to get tired of it to the point of it not being exciting to drive (which has happened in the past when I daily drove a different sports car). Also, parking is a pain where I work and I don't want to suffer the door dings and other damage my daily driver does.

As things are now, on the occassions that I drive my Z4, I still get that feeling of excitement and am really glad to come back to an old friend. Back when I daily drove my Corvette, it got to the point where I was sick of it, and I just didn't enjoy driving it on weekend escapes. You know what they say about women. No matter how beautiful they are, sooner or later, you get tired of their s.....
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #26
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Back when I daily drove my Corvette, it got to the point where I was sick of it, and I just didn't enjoy driving it on weekend escapes. You know what they say about women. No matter how beautiful they are, sooner or later, you get tired of their s.....
Well, lets remember that not all beautiful women are full of sour cream. And not all sports cars are like Corvettes.

But if I had a 335i then I would probably have done the same. And I would probably have gotten a 328 instead to make absolutely sure that I wouldnt forget my Z4... the 3-series is still an excellent car!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #27
bmwz4pr
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW Z4 sDrive35i

Well, I don't drive my newly delivered Z4 as my everyday car. I have a beater 2001 Corolla that I drive to work to avoid any door dings on my Z4 or my 2006 E90. The E90 was my weekend car until three weeks ago that the Z4 came in. Now I have the choice of either of the 2 beemers on the weeknds, but is eye watering leaving the Z4 in the garage when I take the E90.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #28
marcw
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Damn guys, I STILL HAVE the Z, didn't expect everyone to take offense to a remark.
Well lets see.. you post on a bimmer enthusiast forum and compare a pickup truck to a sports car. What exactly did you think the response was gonna be? Enjoy your F150 but I doubt people on this forum are interested in how awesome you think it is.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #29
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcw
Quote:
Damn guys, I STILL HAVE the Z, didn't expect everyone to take offense to a remark.
Well lets see.. you post on a bimmer enthusiast forum and compare a pickup truck to a sports car. What exactly did you think the response was gonna be? Enjoy your F150 but I doubt people on this forum are interested in how awesome you think it is.
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm amazed at your brilliance!!!

I'm still a BMW owner and enthusiast. I won't waste my time trying to explain my post to you.....
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #30
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer
Its nice have two different vehicles that are opposites. I DD my Z4 when the weather is great and then drive my Land Cruiser when its not. Sometimes in the summer I drive the Land Cruiser because I feel like it.

I really enjoy driving both, they are different. My get away vehicle is the Cruiser obviously because where I go to get away is deep in the mountains

Congrats on your new truck. Nothing like having a stable and being able to say to yourself "what will I drive today?"
Romero, you hit the nail on the head!!! When I said the F150 was everything the Z4 wasn't, I meant it was nice (to once again) own an additional vehicle that was opposite of the Z4. On any given day, you CAN chose which vehicle you want to drive, or of a mind to drive. Opposite style vehicles compliment each other.

My away vehicle remains the Harley, it is my therapy, clears the mind and gives some freedom!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #31
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem
Best of both worlds, my daily driver is a 335i. It's like the same car, only smoother, and with more room. All of the familiar controls are pretty much in the same place with a similar dash layout. It's not that I would actually mind using the Z4 as a daily driver, but I don't for a couple of reasons. Mainly, I don't want to get tired of it to the point of it not being exciting to drive (which has happened in the past when I daily drove a different sports car). Also, parking is a pain where I work and I don't want to suffer the door dings and other damage my daily driver does.

As things are now, on the occassions that I drive my Z4, I still get that feeling of excitement and am really glad to come back to an old friend. Back when I daily drove my Corvette, it got to the point where I was sick of it, and I just didn't enjoy driving it on weekend escapes. You know what they say about women. No matter how beautiful they are, sooner or later, you get tired of their s.....
I agree 100%. I also can appreciate having cars with similar controls, having been there before.

And as you mentioned, I do think having a different vehicle will allow me to appreciate the Z more when I want to drive it, thus, will and should equate to more enjoyment....
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #32
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwz4pr
Well, I don't drive my newly delivered Z4 as my everyday car. I have a beater 2001 Corolla that I drive to work to avoid any door dings on my Z4 or my 2006 E90. The E90 was my weekend car until three weeks ago that the Z4 came in. Now I have the choice of either of the 2 beemers on the weeknds, but is eye watering leaving the Z4 in the garage when I take the E90.
I can feel your pain on that daily drive!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #33
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

'01 corolla beater is genius. i hate door dings with a passion!

Last edited by nicknaz; 03-17-2013 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 01:56 AM   #34
army_men
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 35i

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4 35i  [10.00]
sorry mate, dont mean to offend. im sure there was a lot of times i wish i had something larger. like a truck, f150 maybe. just so happens that i dd the z4 and get defensive like most people that really appreciate the zed. theres not much of us out there thats all.

cheers and congrads on your truck.
      03-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #35
VailM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is

Well it makes no sense to drive here during the week to work as public transport is top notch in Switzerland. The Z4 is just a weekend car.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #36
bmwz4pr
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
I can feel your pain on that daily drive!!!
You are absolutely right about that . I'm always looking forward for the weekend to drive the beemers.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #37
InsanePineapple
Shenanigans
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Signature

Quote:
Yes, the Z4 has AC. And when the top is down during the summer, in Texas, the back does sweat, it's a fact. On a long trip, seats that have the AC, not just heated, adds a certain comfort to sitting for long spells... The new truck is simply the other ride, has comforts, and I needed something to haul stuff, it made sense. My HD Fatboy doesn't have AC, unless I ride it in the cool months, and I never considered it as a daily drive either. I can afford my toys, and drive what I want, when I want...
That's because you live in Houston. They don't call it "the armpit of Texas" for no reason

I just don't put the top down when it's super hot

[Current] Tesla Model 3 Performance
[Retired] Audi R8 V10 6MT, BMW i3 BEV, BMW i3 REx, BMW Z4 sDrive35i DCT, BMW 335i Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #38
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfinx
Quote:
Yes, the Z4 has AC. And when the top is down during the summer, in Texas, the back does sweat, it's a fact. On a long trip, seats that have the AC, not just heated, adds a certain comfort to sitting for long spells... The new truck is simply the other ride, has comforts, and I needed something to haul stuff, it made sense. My HD Fatboy doesn't have AC, unless I ride it in the cool months, and I never considered it as a daily drive either. I can afford my toys, and drive what I want, when I want...
That's because you live in Houston. They don't call it "the armpit of Texas" for no reason

I just don't put the top down when it's super hot
You mean I can put the top UP when it's hot??? Where is that button located?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #39
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

The Z4 is my only car but still, I would only want to drive sportscars 24/7. I can't stand bigger cars...in fact, I wished that the Z4 was smaller. I fit in the car perfectly and it handles great. There aren't really any significant faults, even in this Toronto climate.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 03:19 AM   #40
itf joegun
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: G29 Z4 M40i; G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwz4pr View Post
You are absolutely right about that . I'm always looking forward for the weekend to drive the beemers.
If I buy a car for 70k+ Euros, why should that car be parked in my garage the whole week?

For myself I decided to go the other way around: I dd my M3 and also will dd the Z435is. The fun begins with the start button every day in the morning in my garage and not only on weekends. Life is to short to care about door dings. If it happens, it happens, you cannot avoid that...

Click signature for current and previous cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 03:23 AM   #41
VailM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by itf joegun View Post
If I buy a car for 70k+ Euros, why should that car be parked in my garage the whole week?

For myself I decided to go the other way around: I dd my M3 and also will dd the Z435is. The fun begins with the start button every day in the morning in my garage and not only on weekends. Life is to short to care about door dings. If it happens, it happens, you cannot avoid that...
Agreed, just roads in Geneva to and from work and unforgiving. I could sit in traffic for 30 minutes or hop on a bus and be in work in 10. Wish we had better road. Zurich in comparison is far better then car hating Geneva in terms of roads.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #42
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility
The Z4 is my only car but still, I would only want to drive sportscars 24/7. I can't stand bigger cars...in fact, I wished that the Z4 was smaller. I fit in the car perfectly and it handles great. There aren't really any significant faults, even in this Toronto climate.
You can always add to your stable and buy one of those little Smart cars...... ðŸ˜
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #43
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
You can always add to your stable and buy one of those little Smart cars...... ðŸ˜
Did you read that little blurb underneath my name? *Sportscars only*
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 05:26 AM   #44
SchweiZ4
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by itf joegun View Post

I agree!
If you can dd it .. do it! You have only one life

Last edited by SchweiZ4; 03-19-2013 at 08:12 AM..
Appreciate 0