New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

12-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #23
HenryHank
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4, e39 M5

What is this actual color name? I think I really like it. Might be my new second choice behind Deep Sea Blue Metallic.

http://nitra.bmwcpodealer.com/cpo/Ve...-PA/1149206503

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #24
Roadstergal
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 35i

It looks like Mojave, also known as Havana.
E36 - 1998 Z3 2.8 (Red, black leather, wood trim)
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #25
2gumby
not so pokey
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 35i, Orion Silver

Mohave Metallic or Space Gray Metallic.

Mohave looks brownish, sometimes, but not in these pictures.

Space gray looks darker, sometimes, but not in these pictures.

The Ivory White interior was a color combo for the Mohave. I'm not sure about it being a color combo for the Space Gray.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #26
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryHank View Post
Two BMW dealers already told me "we can't really give you a trade-in value sight-unseen, but check out what KBB gives you for trade-in value, and we'll be close to that."

KBB "trade-in" value is $19,500 for the Mercedes. It's fully loaded and even has a third-party bumper-to-bumper warranty from GE for a few more months, so I think $20k for trade-in is a fair value.

Thanks for the rest of your comments. I'll hold off on taking a check in and wait for them to come back to me to make a fair deal.

Glad to hear the trim is replaceable... I don't care about sun glare.

I'll keep you posted on what happens.
When a dealer says "We can give you a trade-in close to that" what they really mean is ... We'll say or do anything just to get you down here in person, and then we plan to chip away at your trade-in value. or we may make your trade-in value look like the KBB trade number but then we're not going to negotiate as much on the car you are purchasing.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #27
HenryHank
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4, e39 M5

That's OK. I'm a cash(+trade) buyer. It's the end of the quarter and the end of the year. I can walk. I can wait for another Z4 with the color/options I want to show up. It's the winter -- a bad time to have a convertible sit on the lot for 5 more months until Spring. It's also strange -- one of the cars I was looking at just dropped almost $4k off the asking price. This is $3k below what I was going to offer! (I wonder if it's a typo?). I won't be able to get to the dealer to see it for two more weeks. I hope it doesn't disappear before then.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #28
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryHank View Post
That's OK. I'm a cash(+trade) buyer. It's the end of the quarter and the end of the year. I can walk. I can wait for another Z4 with the color/options I want to show up. It's the winter -- a bad time to have a convertible sit on the lot for 5 more months until Spring. It's also strange -- one of the cars I was looking at just dropped almost $4k off the asking price. This is $3k below what I was going to offer! (I wonder if it's a typo?). I won't be able to get to the dealer to see it for two more weeks. I hope it doesn't disappear before then.
I don't think it is a typo. My first Z4 dropped in price like this just about the same time of year in 2009 ... it was a 2008. My dealer had 2 on the lot (white and the other one black) both soft tops of course. Once the black one sold I called the dealer and purchased the car over the phone (saw it before I did that some time back).

Once the price drops they do sell fast is the point I am trying to make

Good Luck.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #29
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I personally have never experienced glare from the brushed aluminum trim (probably because it's 'matted' and not smooth metallic). However, the fake? metal parts on the steering wheel (where the buttons are: non M steering wheel model) have glare when the sun shines in a specific angle (luckily rarely, still): you'd think that the German engineers would be smart enough not to put anything reflective in the cockpit.
I've never experienced any glare off my non M steering wheel.

However, if you are having the glare issues up there in the Great White North where the sun is lower on the horizon, then just think positively - You only need to worry about it until the sun regresses into a white dwarf. After that you're home free.

Last edited by 35iDriver; 12-06-2011 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 0