New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-17-2015, 05:34 AM   #463
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

That tupperwear lid that flew into my car yesterday left about a 3'' long creased dent in my hood. Need to order a whole new car now.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 02:36 PM   #464
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
That tupperwear lid that flew into my car yesterday left about a 3'' long creased dent in my hood. Need to order a whole new car now.
3rd world problem?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 11:54 PM   #465
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

This is why I don't like busy days.

Extremely busy since 9am-6pm, but dead boring afterward.
      06-22-2015, 06:17 AM   #466
Bye_DC5
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Had the pleasure of waking up to this at 7am on Sunday. Not exactly the kind of wood I wanted to be getting taken care of. Now my back hurts.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 06:35 AM   #467
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye_DC5
Had the pleasure of waking up to this at 7am on Sunday. Not exactly the kind of wood I wanted to be getting taken care of. Now my back hurts.
Lesson learned: don't wake up so early on Sundays
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 06:36 AM   #468
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Monday morning and I'm in the office at 7am. FML. Need copious amounts of coffee!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 06:42 AM   #469
Bye_DC5
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Wish I had control of that. My mind keeps telling me no..., but my body..., my body is telling meee yeeeaauhhhhhhaaahhhhh.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 07:09 AM   #470
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
It's the bible belt, probably fixin to go to church.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 02:20 PM   #471
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

So we’re on our way to Denver for Wifey’s conference. We stupidly, foolishly, decided to fly out of Champaign and through O’Hare. Of course our flight from Champaign was delayed *yet again* supposedly because of turbulence along our route. Nearly 3 hours after we boarded the plane for a 30 minute flight, we landed in Chicago. Then we sat on the tarmac for 20 minutes waiting for a gate. Of course we missed our connecting flight to Denver. Now we have to wait until 3:30 for a 2.5 hour flight to Phoenix and then another 1.5 hours for a 2.5 hour flight to Denver.

By the time we get to our hotel, we will have been traveling for 14-15 hours and in an airplane 8-9 hours. Driving time from Charleston to Denver is 14hrs, 19min. We would have saved about $1000 by driving plus another $500 by not having to rent a car in Denver. It just doesn’t pay to fly any more.

Somewhere along the line I must have run over some Travel God’s cat. I have the worst luck of anyone I know.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 3
      06-24-2015, 02:39 PM   #472
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
So we’re on our way to Denver for Wifey’s conference. We stupidly, foolishly, decided to fly out of Champaign and through O’Hare. Of course our flight from Champaign was delayed *yet again* supposedly because of turbulence along our route. Nearly 3 hours after we boarded the plane for a 30 minute flight, we landed in Chicago. Then we sat on the tarmac for 20 minutes waiting for a gate. Of course we missed our connecting flight to Denver. Now we have to wait until 3:30 for a 2.5 hour flight to Phoenix and then another 1.5 hours for a 2.5 hour flight to Denver.

By the time we get to our hotel, we will have been traveling for 14-15 hours and in an airplane 8-9 hours. Driving time from Charleston to Denver is 14hrs, 19min. We would have saved about $1000 by driving plus another $500 by not having to rent a car in Denver. It just doesn’t pay to fly any more.

Somewhere along the line I must have run over some Travel God’s cat. I have the worst luck of anyone I know.
Jesus, you have some bad luck with flying. I remember reading another horror story of yours not too long ago on here, haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #473
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye_DC5 View Post
Call me next time, I'll come with my saw and truck and I'll take it.
      06-24-2015, 04:22 PM   #474
Bye_DC5
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Call me next time, I'll come with my saw and truck and I'll take it.
PM me your deets. I ended up renting a saw from the Hoe Depot and turned it into bonfire wood that'll probably last me the next 5 years.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 04:23 PM   #475
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

It's hailing at my workplace.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 08:11 PM   #476
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr View Post
Jesus, you have some bad luck with flying. I remember reading another horror story of yours not too long ago on here, haha.
It got worse. We got stuck in the very last row of a 30 row plane. I had the window, Wifey had the center. At the last minute before the door closed, a 450lb monster walked down the aisle and took the seat beside Wifey. She was jammed between him and me for the 3 hour flight. I downed a couple wines and zoned out as best I could. Wifey sprang for the in - flight wifi and tried her best to hide in Facebook.
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2015, 09:42 PM   #477
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
It got worse. We got stuck in the very last row of a 30 row plane. I had the window, Wifey had the center. At the last minute before the door closed, a 450lb monster walked down the aisle and took the seat beside Wifey. She was jammed between him and me for the 3 hour flight. I downed a couple wines and zoned out as best I could. Wifey sprang for the in - flight wifi and tried her best to hide in Facebook.
I think fat people should pay for 2 seats
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 09:42 PM   #478
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Jeez... I know what it's like. Hate it when obese people think that they'd fit into a standard seat and get offended when you offer them an extra seat. I was stuck in the middle seat too, and my left arm was covered in crystallized sweat and was sore for almost a week since of course, United had to overbook the flight and leave no breathing/emergency room, and I was surprised that you can actually fill up a flight leaving Portland, OR.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 10:15 AM   #479
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

The fun continued. They stuck us both in center seats for the flight to Denver. Then we waited about 45 minutes for our bags to show up on the baggage carousel and they never did. So we went to baggage services to report them missing, and they told us then that they had already arrived and were being held there. Nice of American to tell us they shipped the bags on an earlier flight.

We got to the car rental place and had to wait 30 minutes in line because two dopes who had never rented a car before had to ask every possible question about the process. There were only two agents at the counter and I was fourth in line, plus each agent was busy with the dopes and another woman who seemed to have paperwork problems. Once I made it to the counter I was done in 3 minutes because I had a prepaid rental agreement.

We got the hotel 17 hours after we left home. IL to Denver. We would have saved 3 hours by driving. On our last trip to London, we arrived at the hotel 13 hours after waking up that morning in Chicago. 17 hours from IL to Denver is a testament to the incompetence of American Airlines and a perfect example of how Americans in general are being screwed over by the near monopoly the airlines have.

On the plus side, the hotel is very nice and the room is tomb quiet even with the a/c running. The rest of the week should be enjoyable. At least until our flight home.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2015, 10:25 AM   #480
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The fun continued. They stuck us both in center seats for the flight to Denver. Then we waited about 45 minutes for our bags to show up on the baggage carousel and they never did. So we went to baggage services to report them missing, and they told us then that they had already arrived and were being held there. Nice of American to tell us they shipped the bags on an earlier flight.

We got to the car rental place and had to wait 30 minutes in line because two dopes who had never rented a car before had to ask every possible question about the process. There were only two agents at the counter and I was fourth in line, plus each agent was busy with the dopes and another woman who seemed to have paperwork problems. Once I made it to the counter I was done in 3 minutes because I had a prepaid rental agreement.

We got the hotel 17 hours after we left home. IL to Denver. We would have saved 3 hours by driving. On our last trip to London, we arrived at the hotel 13 hours after waking up that morning in Chicago. 17 hours from IL to Denver is a testament to the incompetence of American Airlines and a perfect example of how Americans in general are being screwed over by the near monopoly the airlines have.

On the plus side, the hotel is very nice and the room is tomb quiet even with the a/c running. The rest of the week should be enjoyable. At least until our flight home.
I rarely fly outside of Delta (Platinum SkyMiles member with AMEX), and I've thankfully never had any real issues, though I've heard of others who have had bad experiences with Delta. Just wish they would update to newer technology for the in-flight entertainment, instead of the same old touchscreens they've been using for years. The WORST airline I have ever flown on was Spirit. It was ridiculously cheap, and I was low on funds my sophomore year of college, so I decided to fly Spirit. Worst decision of my life. I felt like the plane was about to fall apart the whole way, and on my return flight, they wouldn't allow me to even get my ticket because I showed up with barely under an hour until my flight. Thankfully, Delta (after hearing my situation and that I was a member with them) gave me a free ticket, and I didn't have to fear for my life on the flight back.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 01:03 PM   #481
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

My son is going to Portland tomorrow on Southwest. I just read their section about "People of Size" I'm still giggling a little
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 01:21 PM   #482
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

More fun on the return flight. Beautiful day here in Denver, nice weather in Chicago. But for some odd reason known only to the abject idiots at American Airlines, the flight from Chicago is delayed, so our flight back to Chicago is delayed. Now we're stuck here at the airport for 3-1/2 hours and we might miss our connecting flight to Champaign, which means we either fork over the dough to spend the night in Chicago, or we rent a car and drive to Champaign and then collect our baggage when it arrives sometime tomorrow.

Have I mentioned before that I detest, despise, abhor, American Airlines? They continue to screw their customers with no regard at all for the extra cost and hassle they inflict.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #483
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
LA has been just about as humid as Taiwan for the past week... It's only 82 degrees now, but it feels like much more than that.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 04:57 PM   #484
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
More fun on the return flight. Beautiful day here in Denver, nice weather in Chicago. But for some odd reason known only to the abject idiots at American Airlines, the flight from Chicago is delayed, so our flight back to Chicago is delayed. Now we're stuck here at the airport for 3-1/2 hours and we might miss our connecting flight to Champaign, which means we either fork over the dough to spend the night in Chicago, or we rent a car and drive to Champaign and then collect our baggage when it arrives sometime tomorrow.

Have I mentioned before that I detest, despise, abhor, American Airlines? They continue to screw their customers with no regard at all for the extra cost and hassle they inflict.
Won't AA pay for your overnight if they mess up and strand you half-way home???
Appreciate 0