New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-01-2016, 12:10 PM   #397
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Sometimes the experience is a far better learned lesson.

The other day the wife said, it must feel pretty awesome to have lost 35 pounds. I was like.... meh, it's ok i guess. It does feel great, but noting compares to the feeling of being in shape and having good cardiovascular health. THAT feels awesome! Plus i don't feel like i've accomplished something impossible or even that difficult. It's pretty much effortless for me due to the calorie counting app. For the past 230 days i can tell you everything i've eaten on any given day.

Then i told her some of the negatives of losing 35 pounds.... Having to spend money on new clothes when you'd rather spend money on your car, bike, guns, etc... the worst negative is that after losing 35 pounds, i don't look like the body builder that i KNEW was hiding under that protective coating. In other words, it seems that i need to lose many more pounds of fat to meet my expectation of what i'd look like after losing 35 pounds.

She called me a kill-joy.
Hah... damn... the auto-jacked dude was not under the extra fat layer after all? haha... The calorie counting apps are epic. For real. I did same. I agree too about the CV health aspect. Way more of an actual feeling benefit than just being lighter.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 12:12 PM   #398
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hah... damn... the auto-jacked dude was not under the extra fat layer after all? haha... The calorie counting apps are epic. For real. I did same. I agree too about the CV health aspect. Way more of an actual feeling benefit than just being lighter.
I honestly attribute my weight loss to the consciousness of caloric awareness.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 2
      03-01-2016, 12:16 PM   #399
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Sometimes the experience is a far better learned lesson.
Sometimes it's good to listen to the people who have gone through it before to save the despair of the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Awesome! I've got an extra room that has a TV and an Xbox in it. And a bed. I guess it's fitted with livable furniture? Hopefully the M2 is here by then.
Sweet, we can be part time roomies! Right now, mine is just an empty room, so anyone that stays over has to share my bed and cuddle with me.

Well I'm definitely waiting for it to warm up some more before a trip is in order, might be May/Juneish. Gotta figure out when I'm going to FL to hang with Tonka and north to visit Biorin.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #400
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Sometimes it's good to listen to the people who have gone through it before to save the despair of the experience.

Sweet, we can be part time roomies! Right now, mine is just an empty room, so anyone that stays over has to share my bed and cuddle with me.

Well I'm definitely waiting for it to warm up some more before a trip is in order, might be May/Juneish. Gotta figure out when I'm going to FL to hang with Tonka and north to visit Biorin.
This is true. But only if you care enough about the person to spare them the experience.

What a perfect excuse! *destroys spare bed*

Yeah man, I'm a spontaneous person so it doesn't matter to me. You said you're in GA, right?

There should be like a massive East Coast OT meet or something.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:21 PM   #401
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Do you also use MyFitnessPal for logging and caloric ceilings?

But yeah, once the weight comes off, the cutting needs to commence, otherwise you won't be anything uber-spectacular, which is fine if your main goal is to lose weight.

Paging 1MOREMOD
I'm not sure what you mean by caloric celling but i do use MFP. Connects with my garmin connect app which is tied to my watch/HR monitor/bike computer.

I don't think i'd be classified as a small person, even with 10% BF. I looked, but have little to no pictures of myself. (other than what's already been posted here)

If you want, i can PM you a very special picture. I think there is a support group or something you can join once you get the PM.
      03-01-2016, 12:23 PM   #402
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by caloric celling but i do use MFP. Connects with my garmin connect app which is tied to my watch/HR monitor/bike computer.

I don't think i'd be classified as a small person, even with 10% BF. I looked, but have little to no pictures of myself. (other than what's already been posted here)

If you want, i can PM you a very special picture. I think there is a support group or something you can join once you get the PM.

Basically your gross, versus your net, based on your BMI or height and weight, in relation to where you are trying to go/what you're attempting to maintain. For example, I'm short AF (5'6") and weigh 160 flat. My gross for maintaining this weight without cardio/weights is around 2,070. I usually burn 500-650 a workout, so I've got around 2700 or so average to consume daily. Lunch is around 600, and a full dinner around 800, protein shake 450, etc.

Link to support group? But sure!

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #403
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Also, I just got 3 boxes of GS cookies last week, so they'll fill in the remainder of my net.

Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 12:25 PM   #404
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
This is true. But only if you care enough about the person to spare them the experience.

What a perfect excuse! *destroys spare bed*

Yeah man, I'm a spontaneous person so it doesn't matter to me. You said you're in GA, right?

There should be like a massive East Coast OT meet or something.
I SAID MY BED, NOT YOURS!!!

Me too, lately just doing whatever the fuck sounds good. People ask me if I want to go out, I just say yes, I don't even care what it is anymore.

Raleigh/Durham North Carolina.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:27 PM   #405
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Yesterday. No exercise listed because this is my rest week, but still managed to stay under gross.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 12:28 PM   #406
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
I SAID MY BED, NOT YOURS!!!

Me too, lately just doing whatever the fuck sounds good. People ask me if I want to go out, I just say yes, I don't even care what it is anymore.

Raleigh/Durham North Carolina.
OH.

I need more friends.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #407
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
OH.

I need more friends.
Meh, I only have like 4. ASBSECU on the other side of the state, Rohistja who never calls me anymore , my buddy with a C6 z06, and..., my neighbor.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:34 PM   #408
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Basically your gross, versus your net, based on your BMI or height and weight, in relation to where you are trying to go/what you're attempting to maintain. For example, I'm short AF (5'6") and weigh 160 flat. My gross for maintaining this weight without cardio/weights is around 2,070. I usually burn 500-650 a workout, so I've got around 2700 or so average to consume daily. Lunch is around 600, and a full dinner around 800, protein shake 450, etc.

Link to support group? But sure!
So my daily caloric goal. Yeah, of course. I'm 5'10" and when i started on July 8th i was 235. I know that sound totally obese, but when asking people to guess my weight most would come in around 185 with their guess. No one ever guessed over 200, but just this past week i dropped under 200, basically losing about 1 pound per week. My daily net calorie average has been about 1700. According to MFP, to lose 1 pound a week i should be at 1905. But since i've been about 200cal under that i'm assuming it's got my BMR a little over estimated. My actual calorie intake averages just over 2000. I usually get 150cal from just daily activity and my normal bike ride usually burns off about 800 or so. Just makes it so easy to make decisions. I usually know what i'm having for dinner, so at lunch time, i put in my dinner, my after dinner dessert/snack and boom, i know what i can have for daily snack and lunch without going over the goal. (ceiling)

I've been mixing in some strength training but i have a bike ride from Glacier national park to Yellowstone national park to do in July of this year. So i kind of need to focus on keeping my ass in the saddle. That ride averages about 55 to 75 miles with 2000 to 6000 feet of elevation gain each day for 6 straight days. Wife just put the deposit down for the reservation yesterday, so no turning back now. The guy who works for the company that puts on the ride said that riding the "Going to the Sun" road was the easiest of the days.
      03-01-2016, 12:46 PM   #409
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Meh, I only have like 4. ASBSECU on the other side of the state, Rohistja who never calls me anymore , my buddy with a C6 z06, and..., my neighbor.
You are already 80% more popular than I am. Wait, I think my math is wrong. Fuck.

Quote:
So my daily caloric goal. Yeah, of course. I'm 5'10" and when i started on July 8th i was 235. I know that sound totally obese, but when asking people to guess my weight most would come in around 185 with their guess. No one ever guessed over 200, but just this past week i dropped under 200, basically losing about 1 pound per week. My daily net calorie average has been about 1700. According to MFP, to lose 1 pound a week i should be at 1905. But since i've been about 200cal under that i'm assuming it's got my BMR a little over estimated. My actual calorie intake averages just over 2000. I usually get 150cal from just daily activity and my normal bike ride usually burns off about 800 or so. Just makes it so easy to make decisions. I usually know what i'm having for dinner, so at lunch time, i put in my dinner, my after dinner dessert/snack and boom, i know what i can have for daily snack and lunch without going over the goal. (ceiling)

I've been mixing in some strength training but i have a bike ride from Glacier national park to Yellowstone national park to do in July of this year. So i kind of need to focus on keeping my ass in the saddle. That ride averages about 55 to 75 miles with 2000 to 6000 feet of elevation gain each day for 6 straight days. Wife just put the deposit down for the reservation yesterday, so no turning back now. The guy who works for the company that puts on the ride said that riding the "Going to the Sun" road was the easiest of the days.
That's great man, that's the way to do it. I personally always hid my weight well also, since I've usually had broad/cut shoulders. But my midsection was wider and I needed more cuts in my obliques and abs region. Pic for reference. Currently in cutting phase. Left pic 195, right pic 160.

I usually end about 300-400 calories positive daily, so I agree with the rate being accelerated/conservative. That really sounds great though dude! That will do wonders for your rate and tolerance. Not to mention lungs.

Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 12:49 PM   #410
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
You are already 80% more popular than I am. Wait, I think my math is wrong. Fuck.

That's great man, that's the way to do it. I personally always hid my weight well also, since I've usually had broad/cut shoulders. But my midsection was wider and I needed more cuts in my obliques and abs region. Pic for reference. Currently in cutting phase. Left pic 195, right pic 160.

I usually end about 300-400 calories positive daily, so I agree with the rate being accelerated/conservative. That really sounds great though dude! That will do wonders for your rate and tolerance. Not to mention lungs.
Wow dude... that is an amazing transformation. Well done. You literally look like a different person. I'm sure you feel great about it. Now pull your damn shorts up son. No one here wants to see that - well, no one male.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 12:51 PM   #411
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Thanks man! And to be honest with you those are Medium and they actually fall off when they're not tied, now. That's the excuse I use when exposing myself in public, anyway.

I'm pretty sure I alienate enough of the females on this forum as it is due to my brash nature and sharp wit. So I'll let them admire silently, should they choose to do so.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #412
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks man! And to be honest with you those are Medium and they actually fall off when they're not tied, now. That's the excuse I use when exposing myself in public, anyway.

I'm pretty sure I alienate enough of the females on this forum as it is due to my brash nature and sharp wit. So I'll let them admire silently, should they choose to do so.
Yeah, I'll bet the people working the school bus line get pissed when you do that.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 12:53 PM   #413
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Nice work dude, that's a hell of a long way to come!
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 12:53 PM   #414
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Yeah, I'll bet the people working the school bus line get pissed when you do that.
What can I say, I know what I like.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:54 PM   #415
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Damn! look how much smaller your hands got too! It hardly covers the phone like it did in the first one.

So from 195 to 160 you shed 18% of your weight. For me from 235 to 200 i've only lost 15% of my original weight. That means i should be as cut as you in 8 more pounds.

Something makes me doubt that. Probably our age difference.

VERY nice work by the way. I wonder what i'd have to weight or how good i'd have to look to actually post a picture of my 235 pound self wearing a HR strap.
      03-01-2016, 12:54 PM   #416
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Nice work dude, that's a hell of a long way to come!
Thanks brotha! Shit has been hell. But I'm definitely in the best shape I've ever been in, and I couldn't feel any better about myself.

...that is, until I start up with my modified routines next week.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:56 PM   #417
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Damn! look how much smaller your hands got too! It hardly covers the phone like it did in the first one.
The volume and amount that I laughed at this is completely unacceptable. OMG.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:56 PM   #418
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks brotha! Shit has been hell. But I'm definitely in the best shape I've ever been in, and I couldn't feel any better about myself.

...that is, until I start up with my modified routines next week.
You look pissed off at yourself in that 195 pic. lol